Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 AM #1
Jimenezc657
 
 
Jimenezc657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Jimenezc657 supports DLX Technology
Decision decisions

Ego 11 or DM12?!
Jimenezc657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM #2
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
They're about as different as night and day. Are you a poppet guy or a spool guy? Prefer a smooth shot at the expense of a bit of efficiency, or prefer great efficiency with a little more motion in your shots? Have you put your hands on each? Even the frames are quite different.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM #3
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
They're about as different as night and day. Are you a poppet guy or a spool guy? Prefer a smooth shot at the expense of a bit of efficiency, or prefer great efficiency with a little more motion in your shots? Have you put your hands on each? Even the frames are quite different.
And with that reply

/Thread

lol
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 PM #4
Jimenezc657
 
 
Jimenezc657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Jimenezc657 supports DLX Technology
Lol I've only had a mini. Pretty much going with DM because it looks cooler lol
Jimenezc657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls
 
Tabris17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Connecticut
Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Try them out. The UL frame feels different because of the ergonomics. The ego frame is also going to feel different, especially with having a gap between the reg and trigger guard.
Also you're going from a $300 marker to ones that are over $1000 new. That's a huge jump. Not to mention it skips on a large portion of the market available.
The maintenance is also going to be different. DMs need a little more care, as do all spool valves. Egos don't need much maintenance but that doesn't mean you should neglect it either.
__________________
Owner of the Silent Hill Cyborg... the most evil marker in paintball.
KGB MOB

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM #6
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17
Try them out. The UL frame feels different because of the ergonomics. The ego frame is also going to feel different, especially with having a gap between the reg and trigger guard.
Also you're going from a $300 marker to ones that are over $1000 new. That's a huge jump. Not to mention it skips on a large portion of the market available.
The maintenance is also going to be different. DMs need a little more care, as do all spool valves. Egos don't need much maintenance but that doesn't mean you should neglect it either.
No point in him wasting money on mid-range markers if he already knows for certain he wants a high end. It's not to say that anyone needs slowly work their way up the ladder
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM #7
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I am just not a fan of the Egos. IMO they are extremely overrated. Not saying they aren't good guns. They are solid. I just don't think they deserve the hype. The DM will be quieter and smoother but will have significantly less efficiency. Probably the biggest factor to consider is that Dye's have HORRIBLE resale value. You would get much more out of the Ego should you sell it in the future.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 AM #8
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko9989 View Post
I am just not a fan of the Egos. IMO they are extremely overrated. Not saying they aren't good guns. They are solid. I just don't think they deserve the hype. The DM will be quieter and smoother but will have significantly less efficiency. Probably the biggest factor to consider is that Dye's have HORRIBLE resale value. You would get much more out of the Ego should you sell it in the future.
What about the Ego do you feel make it unworthy of the hype? I noticed you mentioned sound and feel of the DM but neither of those are actually factors related to performance.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 AM #9
Zippin35
 
 
Zippin35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
What about the Ego do you feel make it unworthy of the hype? I noticed you mentioned sound and feel of the DM but neither of those are actually factors related to performance.
Additionally, those are the common trade off factors between a spool and poppet, not a high vs low end. Pump Scout said it best, you are basically comparing apples to baby grand piano's.
__________________
I FIGHT FOR MACDEV-Macdev Militia
My Pawn Shop- Fast, Simple, Cash!
B/S/T Perfection
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM #10
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I never said that a quiet and smooth shot = better gun. That is just important to many. I was just pointing out that the DM has those qualities. As for the hype of the Ego or Planet Eclipse in general, I am not saying they do not make good quality products because they do. I also know that there are many players who like them because they work for them. What I meant was there are a lot of players that rave on and on about PE because all the pro teams use them and they always sell gear and what not at the fields. The only reason for this is because they are a large company and have the money to sponsor numerous teams. I know a few pro players and they have told me before that they would prefer to shoot a different gun but can't because they have PE as a sponsor. If you go to my local field, 90% of the players with high end guns own an Ego 9,10,11. I out-shoot them all with my Clone VX. They are good but not the best gun available as many like to argue. I also think they charge too much. The G6R is a better gun (IMO) and it retails for $1000 while the Ego retails for $1250. Once again this is all just my personal opinion. I have owned 2 Egos and a Geo. I liked them but there is a reason I sold them.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM #11
Zippin35
 
 
Zippin35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I do understand where you are coming from. However, you said pe is worse, insert dye compliment x here, and compliment y here, and end sentence. How else should we interpret that. You said one gun is better, gave two praises and ended there so it reads as this is better, and Y are the reasons and thats that. Just try to make your post a little clearer from now on to avoid that. Also, its not a dm that will have those, its a spool. Big difference.
__________________
I FIGHT FOR MACDEV-Macdev Militia
My Pawn Shop- Fast, Simple, Cash!
B/S/T Perfection
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:11 PM #12
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko9989 View Post
I never said that a quiet and smooth shot = better gun. That is just important to many. I was just pointing out that the DM has those qualities. As for the hype of the Ego or Planet Eclipse in general, I am not saying they do not make good quality products because they do. I also know that there are many players who like them because they work for them. What I meant was there are a lot of players that rave on and on about PE because all the pro teams use them and they always sell gear and what not at the fields. The only reason for this is because they are a large company and have the money to sponsor numerous teams. I know a few pro players and they have told me before that they would prefer to shoot a different gun but can't because they have PE as a sponsor. If you go to my local field, 90% of the players with high end guns own an Ego 9,10,11. I out-shoot them all with my Clone VX. They are good but not the best gun available as many like to argue. I also think they charge too much. The G6R is a better gun (IMO) and it retails for $1000 while the Ego retails for $1250. Once again this is all just my personal opinion. I have owned 2 Egos and a Geo. I liked them but there is a reason I sold them.

Okay here is the problem....your reasoning is all messed up. You say they are over hyped because pro players use them and people follow the Pros. Well the part about people following Pros is true, particularly younger players, but Pro players/teams are not forced into these sponsorships. No one told Dynasty (as a team) that they HAD to sign with PE just like no one told Damage (as a team) they HAD to sign with DYE. Now you might get a player or two on any specific team that prefers a different marker but is just about personal preference. But if, lets say, Infamous decided as a team they didn't want to shoot the Axe. I'm sure they could easily find another sponsor.
And as for the popularity of PE in the Pro circuit, its not for no reason that they are so widely used. As you said, they are good quality products. Among the best. And I say "among" because I don't believe there is a BEST high end gun. Each has Pros and Cons and what is best will vary for each person.
As far as you out shooting people, that doesn't mean anything because a skillful player can come out shoot you with a Tippmann or pump or any other lower grade marker. Does that now make the Clone VX over hyped?
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM #13
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Okay here is the problem....your reasoning is all messed up. You say they are over hyped because pro players use them and people follow the Pros. Well the part about people following Pros is true, particularly younger players, but Pro players/teams are not forced into these sponsorships. No one told Dynasty (as a team) that they HAD to sign with PE just like no one told Damage (as a team) they HAD to sign with DYE. Now you might get a player or two on any specific team that prefers a different marker but is just about personal preference. But if, lets say, Infamous decided as a team they didn't want to shoot the Axe. I'm sure they could easily find another sponsor.
And as for the popularity of PE in the Pro circuit, its not for no reason that they are so widely used. As you said, they are good quality products. Among the best. And I say "among" because I don't believe there is a BEST high end gun. Each has Pros and Cons and what is best will vary for each person.
As far as you out shooting people, that doesn't mean anything because a skillful player can come out shoot you with a Tippmann or pump or any other lower grade marker. Does that now make the Clone VX over hyped?
I agree with you that they are great guns. I think the reason I view them the way I do is because so many times if you ask someone what gun I should get everyone immediately jumps in to say Ego or Geo. If you try to talk to them about any other gun they look at you like you are insane for even considering something else. It gets a little old (at least where I live). I know this is not a valid argument for which gun is better but I have said over and over that all of my posts are MY OPINION. I am giving my views on what I believe to be better. If the OP wants to take my views into consideration then great. If not, ok. I only used the few pro players that I know as an example. A couple like the Egos but some have also said they wished they could shoot BL, Dye, or MacDev. And as far as me out-shooting the Egos I meant my gun, not me. I have let many of these Ego/Geo users use my gun and they were amazed. I have had plenty of trade offers on the spot. All of which I have turned down. I know that it is not the gun but the player. I have been lit up many many times by pump players when I am playing on PSP Ramp.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM #14
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
I do understand where you are coming from. However, you said pe is worse, insert dye compliment x here, and compliment y here, and end sentence. How else should we interpret that. You said one gun is better, gave two praises and ended there so it reads as this is better, and Y are the reasons and thats that. Just try to make your post a little clearer from now on to avoid that. Also, its not a dm that will have those, its a spool. Big difference.
I only said DM because that is what the OP asked about. If he had asked about multiple spoolies I would have said all spoolies have these qualities.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM #15
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko9989 View Post
And as far as me out-shooting the Egos I meant my gun, not me.
I'm a bit lost here. Out-shot them how? Serious question
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM #16
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I'm a bit lost here. Out-shot them how? Serious question
Many of the guys I let shoot my Clone VX last week agreed that my gun was more consistent, shot tighter groups, and had an overall smoother, and enjoyable shot. 4 of them shot Egos, 1 a Geo, and 2 an Axe. They were curious as to how mine shot and those are just some of the things that they all said. It seemed to be pretty consistent. My whole point here was to say that there are other guns out there besides PE. I played a Red Dawn scenario last week and I was the only guy there out of about 250 people that shot a MacDev. There was one Vanguard Demon that I saw, and a couple of Luxes. There were however, if I had to estimate, around 100 markers that were either some form of Ego or Geo. I am not hating on PE. What I am doing is trying to let other people know that there are other guns out there that are just as good if not better. I just know way to many people that are all the PE bandwagon that don't care about anything else.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM #17
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Not sure if you all compared consistencies over chrono or not or what the paint/barrel bore situation was like; all factors that relate to consistency and accuracy. But for now I'll take your word for it that you were getting better results then them.

But this idea that every is "All PE Everything" is not a war that really needs to be fought here on PBN. I think you are letting you experience in your local area give you the wrong idea. Actually you will find fan-boys for all companies here but you will also find a lot of people willing to give honest unbiased non-fanboy views.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM #18
TwistedFreak (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ego 11
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM #19
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Not sure if you all compared consistencies over chrono or not or what the paint/barrel bore situation was like; all factors that relate to consistency and accuracy. But for now I'll take your word for it that you were getting better results then them.

But this idea that every is "All PE Everything" is not a war that really needs to be fought here on PBN. I think you are letting you experience in your local area give you the wrong idea. Actually you will find fan-boys for all companies here but you will also find a lot of people willing to give honest unbiased non-fanboy views.
No I agree with you. I let the PE thing get out of hand. Sorry about that. Surprisingly, "my area" is a lot of Denver. Not like it is a small town mentality. Here you can throw PE in with things like Twilight. :/

For the sake of the previous discussion, we were all using the same field paint and the same bore (see Empire). I had my Shift kit .689 and the Egos and Geo had the .689 Freak barrel and the Axes had the .690 Empire Super Freak barrel. We were just taking turns shooting each of them in the target area and we all chrono'd them together. Mine was everything I stated before compared to the others. All of my shots were within 296-299. Never one above 300 and no shots were 295 or below. +-3 is the best consistency I have ever got. With any gun.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM #20
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFreak View Post
Ego 11
Nice little jab in there after the lengthy posts by Soul and me.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM #21
TwistedFreak (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol. Im just trying to get my posts up so i can move onto lvl 5
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump