PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 06:26 PM #1
Gryphon43

has been a member for 10 years
Gryphon43 plays in the APPA beginner division
Desperate need for Etek 1 minifold

Just like the title says, I am in need of a couple minifolds for an Etek 1 or 2.

Every store I check only has the solenoids and Planet Eclipse emailed me back and says they no longer support the Etek 1 or 2.

They didn't say that they don't have any, just that they won't help me.

That's great customer service!

Can anyone out there help me?
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM #2
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I apologize if you feel that we are not trying to help...however...

The current versions of Etek (3 & 4) utilize a different type of mounting solution for the solenoid. The Etek and Etek2 utilized a small manifold plate bolted to the top of the solenoid...which was attached via small lp hose to the Banjo fittings.

With the manifold mounted directly to the body...and at the back of the marker...the current design does not utilize the previous style manifold. As such...current solenoids...which are indeed the same...do not come with the older version of manifold plate.

The solenoids back during the production period for Etek and Etek2 came with the manifold plate pre-attached...and were not available as an accessory purchase. This is why there is not an overstock of Etek 1/2 manifolds.

It may be possible...if you reach out to some Eclipse Service Centers...that you might have some luck in finding an old Etek solenoid that is damaged beyond repair with the manifold plate attached.

It isn't that we don't support Etek1 & 2 owners...it's just that some of the parts for those style markers are not used in current designs...and as such...are not available for purchase any longer.

You can find a complete listing of Service Centers through the link attached here...and if you like...you can search and try to find something that might help.

http://planeteclipse.com/site/service_centres

Best of luck

Gerry

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote