PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM #1
supacheese

supacheese owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Scuba tank question

I'm looking into buying a 80cu 3000psi scuba tank with filling station so I don't have to go to my field all the time when I'm working on markers or shooting.

My question is, how many times can I re-fill 68/70ci tanks off of the scuba tank?

****____FATBALLERS YO!____****

In regards to my BS negative feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77025827
supacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/scubafills2.asp

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM #3
kabeza

kabeza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kabeza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
*prefer to bump rather than start a new thread*

I've got more questions related to this.

1) With steel 3000psi scuba tank, I won't be able to fill 68/4500psi tank, right? It will go only to 3000 (as much) right?

2) Should we empty scuba tank completely before going to refill it?

3) As far I can see in the calculator link provided, one stell scuba tank will only serve approx 10 "playable" charges, right?

Thanks
kabeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabeza View Post
*prefer to bump rather than start a new thread*

I've got more questions related to this.

1) With steel 3000psi scuba tank, I won't be able to fill 68/4500psi tank, right? It will go only to 3000 (as much) right?

2) Should we empty scuba tank completely before going to refill it?

3) As far I can see in the calculator link provided, one stell scuba tank will only serve approx 10 "playable" charges, right?

Thanks
1) You will be able to fill your 68/4500 but only up to a little under 3000psi on the first fill and decreasing from there.

2) You don't necessarily have to it is your choice. Do you empty your paintball tank before refilling it? Probably not is my guess. There is no technical reason to do so.

3) Depends on the marker you are using and the output pressure of your paintball tank. If you are using a high pressure output tank on a Tippman, Spyder, Automag, or some other marker that needs at least 750+ psi to operate, then it looks to me that you would get a little more than 10 fills - but that all depends on how much air you would be looking to use when getting down to the ~1000psi fills. If you have a low pressure tank and are using a marker that operates at low pressures (<200psi for example), they you will be able to get more "playable charges" - again, depending on how much you would be planning on shooting.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM #5
kabeza

kabeza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kabeza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the help @CA_Tectonics I own a DP G4 with Dye 68/4500 tank

Finally I guess we'll go ahead and make the investment in the steel scuba tank, fill station, etc. coz we won't reach never $6k for 4500 compressor

Final Q.: Do 4500psi scuba tanks exist?
kabeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM #6
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you are trying to do this for a field, an outlaw field, plan on getting two or more tanks. You basically will use a cascading system, where you fill from the first tank to get up as high as it will go, and then top off from the second tank. If you have four buddies, you guys buy a total of five tanks, that would give you plenty of tanks that will get you pretty much full 3000 PSI fills all day long. When the first tank barely fills a HPA tank, then you start using the second tank to get your initial fills, and use a third or even fourth tank to top off.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:56 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabeza View Post
Thanks for the help @CA_Tectonics I own a DP G4 with Dye 68/4500 tank

Finally I guess we'll go ahead and make the investment in the steel scuba tank, fill station, etc. coz we won't reach never $6k for 4500 compressor

Final Q.: Do 4500psi scuba tanks exist?
There are larger 4500 psi bulk tanks you can get. The highest pressure SCUBA tank I've seen is around 3400 psi. I think once you get above that, you would typically find SCBA tanks (think firefighter tank instead of dive tank). The SCBA tanks get to be pretty expensive, are like a paintball tank in that they are carbon fiber wrapped, and have the 15-year lifespan. I think the SCUBA tanks have a longer lifespan as long as they keep passing inspections and testing. Another thing to consider is where you will be filling your bulk tank(s). If you are going to go to a dive shop, they may not be able to fill up to 4500 psi so getting a more expensive SCBA tank really isn't worth it.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote