Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM #1
sjuhl89

sjuhl89 supports Pev's Paintball
sjuhl89 plays in the APPA D5 division
sjuhl89 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sjuhl89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DM10 w/ APE OLED

Hey all,

I just received my DM10 today and it shoots really well......minus the random chop I'll get while shooting strings. I would be shooting a stream and about 10-20 balls in to it I would get a chop. Disassemble the gun, clean, relube...same story 3 times. I do mean chop also, not barrel break. (Shooting redemption pro)

Other than making sure everything is clean internally/on the bolt, and checking the detents (which are brand new) what settings should I adjust with the board?I feel like it's a board issue, because when I had the stock board in, I didn't chop a single ball out of about half a case. I turned the eye delay up to 3 from 2, but I'm curious if 4-5 is too long, or even higher? Also, if anyone has any other settings they know/prefer with this board please feel free to let me know. Right now I'm running stock dwell (18) with the LPR about 3.5 turns out.

Thanks for the help,
Scott
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM #2
paintBUG!

paintBUG! supports Empire
Turn the dwell down to about 15 and try and buy or make yourself a Top Hat Mod for the marker. That will help with efficiency. As for the chopping it could be a board issue. Never heard of it happening with a Stock or Tadao board.

[url="[/url]
paintBUG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:11 PM #3
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintBUG! View Post
Turn the dwell down to about 15 and try and buy or make yourself a Top Hat Mod for the marker. That will help with efficiency. As for the chopping it could be a board issue. Never heard of it happening with a Stock or Tadao board.
Top had mod isn't need on any dm older then a dm6.. Dwell at 15 is worthless it wont shoot as good and most likely wont shoot at all, if it does will suck mad air.. chopping has nothing to do with a board unless your dwell is jacked up it's all inside the gun and the paint/loader/etc..

For your issue, try 21 dwell, and 3 1/2 turns on the LPR its smoother on paint

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM #4
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA D5 division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
Cracker with a gun supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
Top had mod isn't need on any dm older then a dm6.. Dwell at 15 is worthless it wont shoot as good and most likely wont shoot at all, if it does will suck mad air.. chopping has nothing to do with a board unless your dwell is jacked up it's all inside the gun and the paint/loader/etc..

For your issue, try 21 dwell, and 3 1/2 turns on the LPR its smoother on paint
why would you say a dwell at 15 is going to "suck mad air..." and then recommend a dwell at 21?
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM #5
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker with a gun View Post
why would you say a dwell at 15 is going to "suck mad air..." and then recommend a dwell at 21?
have you never tuned a dm? no offense or anything but stock dwell of 18 and dwell of 21 is most commen, I've never in my life seen anyone use a dwell of 15, actually I had a person bring me a dm11 with a dwell of 16 and all it did was chop and not shoot smooth he only got 6 pods. vs a dwell of 21 or 18 which is 7-8 pods and a hopper and really smooth

also i'd adjust your eye delay back down to default

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163

Last edited by grss429 : 09-25-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM #6
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Make sure your eyes/eye pipe are clean and in good condition, and change the batteries in your gun and loader.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:58 PM #7
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Make sure your eyes/eye pipe are clean and in good condition, and change the batteries in your gun and loader.
this!, I believe recently someone also posted on here about chopping paint, come to find out his ball detent were good but his eye pipe had a bur on it causing it to slit the paint and break

Owner/home field.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 AM #8
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA D5 division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
Cracker with a gun supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
have you never tuned a dm? no offense or anything but stock dwell of 18 and dwell of 21 is most commen, I've never in my life seen anyone use a dwell of 15, actually I had a person bring me a dm11 with a dwell of 16 and all it did was chop and not shoot smooth he only got 6 pods. vs a dwell of 21 or 18 which is 7-8 pods and a hopper and really smooth

also i'd adjust your eye delay back down to default
i completely understand dwell, and would also recommend raising it from 15. However you stated that a dwell of 15 would be an "air hog."
The less time the bolt is forward, the less air is used. Period. So are you sure that DM11 somebody brought you didnt have the LPR turned up to high to equalize for such a low dwell setting. That could have caused less efficiency, it also could have other issues internally.
However I will agree that raising the dwell to 21 would allow the gun will cycle properly, much smoother, and not chop paint.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote