PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2012, 03:55 PM #1
OCMI_VIPER

OCMI_VIPER is attending Decay of Nations VI
OCMI's LV-1 & LV-2

We currently have two light tanks: LV-1 and LV-2. Both are built on heavily modified electric golf cart chassis.
Standard armament:
Main Cannon - Breach loaded "HAVOC" nerf rocket launcher in a turret capable of swinging 360 degrees.

Secondary Weapon - Turret mounted, Highly modified Duel Tippmann A-5 “Double Trouble” marker setup

The tanks have a top speed est. at 20mph and the battery life extends operations for about 10-12 hours before needing a charge under typical game conditions.
The tank’s crews consist of either a driver, gunner, and navigator. They have features such as external pod holders for supporting infantry, gun ports for the driver and navigator, as well as loudspeakers - P/A systems, radios, and internal fans to keep the crew members cool.
Each tank is built to identical specifications. This makes cross-training and repairs much easier due to the fact that if you can do something on one you can do it on the other. Having two tanks with identical capabilities means that opposing forces cannot focus solely on one without having to deal
with the other as we operate them in tandem.

LV-1 & LV-2

By ocmiviper at 2012-08-30

By ocmiviper at 2012-08-30

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
www.ocmipaintball.com
OCMI_VIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
LOVE it! I've been wanting to do this with a golf cart for a long time. Good job!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:20 PM #3
Eddie9195
AKA scphantom

Nice! I didn't know you guys motorized them. When I saw LV-1 it was foot powered. Very cool man! They look great.

www.okcompanypaintball.com
Eddie9195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM #4
OCMI_VIPER

OCMI_VIPER is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie9195 View Post
Nice! I didn't know you guys motorized them. When I saw LV-1 it was foot powered. Very cool man! They look great.
We made LV-1 back in 2007. It was a PUG built with the mindset of someday mounting it onto a cart chassis.We used it for 2 years as a pug and it was definitely an asset on the field, but obviously the mobility rating was fairly low....
Back in 2009 we got our hands on several non-operatioal & what appeared to be very neglected golf carts. Once we got a closer look at the carts and got some power for them, it was evident that they are in prefect working order.. apparently the batteries had died and the carts were pushed into a corner and forgotten!! Fortunately for us, one of our team mates works on Uninterruptible Power Supplies and has access to batteries far more powerful and longer lasting than the standard OEM cart batteries....

Transplanting LV-1's body on to the cart chassis was extremely easy since the original design was for it to mount to a golf cart. We just unbolted the existing wood frame, lifted the body off and set it onto the cart chassis & bolted it on! We did rotate the top deckplate to move the turret to the rear... We cut openings in the frons and sides for the driver to see and cut out a hatch over the driver to increase the drivers visibility...
www.ocmipaintball.com
OCMI_VIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:51 PM #5
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
These are three best tanks I've ever seen for paintball.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:51 AM #6
JESTERTLS

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love yall's tanks.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:31 AM #7
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

You guys go above and beyond maiking the tanks look bad ***! Nice work. Hopefully some day we can slug it out on the battlefield.

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote