Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 04:25 PM #1
Tzu owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Karny pump Question

Hey guys I just bought a Karny pump and was wondering about my bottle pressure. I have a ninja 68/4500 adjustable reg, and right now i've set it to low pressure (400). Is this going to be enough for my karny pump? Or should I add some shims? I'm really hoping it can work well on LP (400) because I use a geo 2 as well and would like to not always have to take it apart and add shims everytime I want to switch guns.

Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM #2
boom headshot
masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D4 division
You should be able to use your LP setup. BUT:

-Sometimes the HPR acts funny with LP and might take longer to recharge
--You can operate it without an HPR by taking the spring out of the reg if your reg is causing issues.
-If the flow isn't high enough in the valve, you may need to get a spring kit

Your Geo will work on HP as well.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 PM #3
Hey thanks a lot. Would a maddman spring kit work (On the site the autococker spring kit is what I was looking at. They had 3 kits for sale. The spyder and the tippy and autococker)?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM #4
Don't eat that....
karnivors ran at a little lower pressure than a lot of others, i think it was somewhere around 300psi, should be fine on LP. i dont think that with a pump youll be reaching high enough rates of fire to starve the marker for air.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM #5
Yea the Geo can run on a HP tank, so id sell the LP tank for a HP tank.

Or try it out and see. If you find it hard to reach the desired velocity, than you answered your own question.

dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM #6
I'd go at least 450psi to be safe, 550psi works great. The Geo2 can run on that as well, so get above 450psi. I run my Karnis on a 450psi or 550psi tank all the time, just fine. Even with a lower operating pressure of Karnis, and even with a madman spring kit, velocity might be hard to maintain with a lp tank.
~ owner & driver of cars ~

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM #7
I went and played last night with zero issues on my ninja LP (400) psi. I had some help with the cocker tech at my field and we sweet spotted my reg at 300 and and my IVG at 2-3 turns in to go from 270 FPS (indoor field) and 300 FPS (woods field). My paint was sized at 84 and I was shooting my disruptive barrel 78 with a consistency +/- 5 over 20 shots.

Thanks again guys!