Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM #1
NitroDuck320

Camping Situation

It has been a little while my team and I have visited Sherwood. We are really looking forward to the return for Command and Conquer!

Last time we were there the camping area was kind of all torn up and mostly dirt and gravel. Is that still the case? Are there any areas of grass to be had?

Looking forward to the event either way, just curoius.

Nitro
Bad JuJu
NitroDuck320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2012, 03:24 PM #2
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

payroll supports Sherwood Forest
payroll is attending Decay of Nations VI
Alot of the areas you are probably referring to have been leveled off and are now grass covered im pretty sure. There is also a paved road leading down about 3/4 of the drive. Joe or Kathy will probably chime in, but it is looking great!
FB: Payroll Productions
www.payrollproductions.com
payroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 PM #3
Kathy@Sherwood

Kathy@Sherwood is an Ultimate field/store owner
Kathy@Sherwood supports Sherwood Forest
During the road construction it was tore up. We tried planting grass, however there are large areas where it did not take. We seeded and fertilized again with no luck. So in time hopefully weeds will grow in those areas. We do have plenty of grassy areas to camp in, first come first serve on Friday. We will be leaving certain areas open for RV's and small campers as well. There will be no camping or parking except for venders down by the stage area (play ground area).

http://www.sherwoodpaintball.com
Kathy@Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM #4
NitroDuck320

Thanks for the replies...
which areas are being set aside for campers and rvs? I would hate to get there and start setting up only to find out we are in the wromg spot.

Also, how early are you allowing people to show up and start setting up? We have a group of about 15 and want to be sure we get a big enough space for us all to be together, we will be trickling in thoughout the day.

Thanks, we are all really looking forward to this event.

Nitro
Bad JuJu

Bad JuJu
NitroDuck320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:12 PM #5
Projectile

What does the samping situation look like for the Super Troopers game. I would like to bring a pop-up down, and I believe we have several other guys bringing tents down. Do we need to reserve a spot?
Projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 PM #6
_ZIPPY_

_ZIPPY_ supports Sherwood Forest
first come first serve. police your campsite and take all trash.

Marnet IT Consulting and Services

www.Paintballer187.com
_ZIPPY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM #7
Sherwood Forest

Sherwood Forest supports Sherwood Forest
Thank you for responding Zippy.
Sherwood Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 PM #8
Sherwood Forest

Please Note All Campers, There Will Be No Glass Bottles Allowed At Your Camp Site Or On Grounds. These Rules Have Been Posted For A Long Time But Now We Are Enforcing Them. Sorry For Any Inconvenience.

Thank You!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM #9
Projectile

Can you have campfires, and if so do you need your own fire ring, or are there rings there? If there are no rings there, can you dig a hole for a fire? Also, are there any areas around to drain holding tanks or fill up fresh water tanks for campers? I plan on bringing my trailer. Do I need to register this with anyone there or is it still first come first serve?
Projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 AM #10
mlefaive

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectile View Post
Can you have campfires, and if so do you need your own fire ring, or are there rings there? If there are no rings there, can you dig a hole for a fire? Also, are there any areas around to drain holding tanks or fill up fresh water tanks for campers? I plan on bringing my trailer. Do I need to register this with anyone there or is it still first come first serve?
I can't officially speak for Sherwood, but from my past expeience; There are no fire rings, we have grabbed rocks, etc. & made our own. If you have one to bring, I am sure Joe would appreaciate it. I don't think they would be in favor of digging holes - it's rough on the mowers when you fall into one. There are no dump facilillities, or fresh water fill spots. When I bring my trailer I just bring what I need in my holding tank, (drinking water I bring by the bottle/jug). Most of the big truck stops, (Pilot, etc.) have dump stations. Before you set up the trailer, make sure you are not in a "restricted" site. They try to keep some areas strictly for the tents. Hope this is of some help. TANGO
mlefaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 AM #11
_ZIPPY_

_ZIPPY_ supports Sherwood Forest
Yes small campfires are allowed. NO digging holes as mlefaive nailed it right on the head, it makes it difficult to mow. If u bring a fire ring GREAT. As for campers we do not have an area to drain holding tanks nor do we have freshwater for campers. First come first serve, police your campsite and take all trash.

Marnet IT Consulting and Services

www.Paintballer187.com
_ZIPPY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 AM #12
UrgentUnguent

Sherwood mentioned the rules, but I cannot find them on the web site. Could someone point me to the right link, r post the camping rules here?

With Pandora coming, I suspect there will be a lot of us camping.
UrgentUnguent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM #13
ne_harisho2

ne_harisho2 supports Sherwood Forest
ne_harisho2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
All I can say is no glass, no pets, and leave no trace. The event itself may have specific rules about quiet time and services.
ne_harisho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I look here for game dates and information.
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Last I heard Sherwood stopped doing scenario games and only got word via word of mouth at SplatterZones game this last weekend.

Is this a Viper game and viper rules? If not, We need the rules.

I would like to bring my new motorized tank, Law, and other toys but I need to know if I can play with them and how.

Then I can register assuming they are usual and customary.

FPS Tank Cannons ?

FPS Laws?

Tank Elimination / Disabling / Capturing Rules.

Roles available to sign up for? Medic, demo, engineer, spy, etc.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 PM #15
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

The game will be ran by Payroll Productions. LAWS rockets are 230 fps or less. All MOS roles will be in control of the commanders and their command staff. Tanks are welcome. Define tank cannon? Hope this helps. All rules are based off of the sherwood scenario rules of play found on their website as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 AM #16
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Tank Cannon = Nerf Launcher in Tank

Went to the website.

http://www.sherwoodpaintball.com/

The game isn't listed under EVENTS nor are any rules I can find.

Got a link that works?

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 AM #17
BANGN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by payroll View Post
The game will be ran by Payroll Productions. LAWS rockets are 230 fps or less. All MOS roles will be in control of the commanders and their command staff. Tanks are welcome. Define tank cannon? Hope this helps. All rules are based off of the sherwood scenario rules of play found on their website as well.
Is there a upcoming big game?
BANGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 PM #18
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

May 3-4 2014 most of the info is being passed along on facebook right now. A poster will be completed soon aside from the teaser. This will be sponsored by Valken. I will work on finding the sherwood house rules as the old forum that they were located on is not linked to the site any more. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 AM #19
Sherwood Forest

Don't forget we will have camping available for Sherwood Classic Z on May 2nd & 3rd. If you need to drop off an RV during the week please contact the office first otherwise camp sites will be available at 10am (CST) on Friday May 2nd. We ask that you leave your area as you found it. Please no glass bottles, no pets, if you build a fire pit please remove the pit before leaving. Use koozies or cups to put your beer or other alcoholic beverages in. We ask that all is quite in the camping area by 2am. No loud music please! If the need to party on past 2am please visit the pavilion area so you don't disturb players trying to sleep. If you have any questions please contact the office. Thank you everyone.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 AM #20
Sherwood Forest

Sherwood Classic "Z" Campers, you can now go on line an order a private port-a-pot for yourself or your team. This cost for the weekend is $80. You will be provided a lock by the company that you will have to use. As I would like to be able to set the port-a-pots by your camp site that will not be possible. They will be placed in a area with other port-a-pots with your name on it. You can not move the port-a-pots once they have been placed. If you would like further information please call or email us. You have until the end of online registration to order one.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:54 AM #21
Sherwood Forest

Campers!!!! I would like to reiterate that NO GLASS IS ALLOWED at the field. After the last game players left us glass in their fire pits. This is unacceptable. We will be walking the camps sites and if we see any glass containers they will be taken and disposed of properly. So please bring plastic or aluminum cans which we would appreciate if you disposed of them in a trash bag. Thank you!!