Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM #22
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sorry to jump it but I, too, have always wanted to try a pump.
Was considering trading my VX for a T2 with 86 frame.

From what I've been reading the T2 is a great pump and would probably get that cover to prevent dirt from getting in there.

Is it about an even trade? I've been searching posts and it seems that the T2 is going for about $500-600 for a like new or almost immaculate one. Not sure home much the 86 degree frame adds to the value.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 PM #23
Pump #54

Pump #54 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by im bad at pbx View Post
The only pump i've shot has bean my empire sniper, never messed witha cocker i've bean strictly Electro's for 3 years, So what quiet and smooth like a empire snipre?
I've had a ray of different pumps. Sniper is very bad number on the list.

By far the best Pump IMO is an Autococker that has been converted.

BEST pump stroke, weight, customization etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouslysilly View Post
sorry to jump it but I, too, have always wanted to try a pump.
Was considering trading my VX for a T2 with 86 frame.

From what I've been reading the T2 is a great pump and would probably get that cover to prevent dirt from getting in there.

Is it about an even trade? I've been searching posts and it seems that the T2 is going for about $500-600 for a like new or almost immaculate one. Not sure home much the 86 degree frame adds to the value.

It's called a slot blocker, and the 86* adds no value from CCM, but people may charge for it.
Pump #54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 AM #24
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump #54 View Post
I've had a ray of different pumps. Sniper is very bad number on the list.

By far the best Pump IMO is an Autococker that has been converted.

BEST pump stroke, weight, customization etc.
you realize an empire sniper...is a sniper?
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM #25
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Umm ok an empire sniper is based off of an autococker "sniper" which is a cocker swapped from mechanical to pump the few differences is its a mid block design and lighter . Now from that you can go 2 ways to a ccm pump or convert your own favorite cocker body but the best pump kit for a cocker is a ccm smoothest stroke of any pump hands down actually puts snipers pump stroke to shame. Then you could add your own frame an 86* or a 45* frame. So the choice is really yours and what you really want. building a cocker pump isn't hard and can be very rewarding I believe there's a sticky here on how to assemble a cocker pump from start to finish.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
PaulE2Cocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 PM #26
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

So? any sniper can be a midblock.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 PM #27
PaulE2Cocker

Ya sure If you have the time to machine part of the body off.

"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 09-22-2012, 12:20 AM #28
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

ok? Do you have a point?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:47 AM #29
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
Ya sure If you have the time to machine part of the body off.
Or you know, just get a 2k5 BM body or any of the other mid block bodies around (stock or custom milled). An empire sniper is just going to have everything you need to have a nice cocker-based pump gun straight from the factory. You can get a non-empire cocker used and put better parts on too. Pbgateway now has some empire snipers with upgraded valves, hollowed out pump guides (for lower pressure), lighter springs (both hammer and valve, again for lp), and a different bolt (although it's just a white delrin vs. black delrin, idk on difference) for a price pretty close to a new stock sniper.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM #30
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzilla88

you realize an empire sniper...is a sniper?
Do you have A point I was telling him his best options for a pump since I own 6 different ones

Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 AM #31
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Do you have A point I was telling him his best options for a pump since I own 6 different ones
and you're still wrong. A ccm pump kit doesn't magically make the gun smoother. It just reduces the wobble on the pump handle. Also, there isn't a significant difference between that and the empire duel rod kit. If owning 6 guns makes you an expert, why the hell do you keep saying cocker pump? That doesn't even make sense.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 AM #32
PaulE2Cocker

What doesn't make since do you need to be shown. All cockers are not pumps so that would make it a cocker pump. Ccm pump stroke has no wobble and is smoother then a empire. The pump handle itself is a smooth pull what makes it smoother on the gun is the internal springs and weighted hammer of the lower tube. Now if you take a Sanchez machine pump kit and install on a cocker it's rough ,drags, and requires to much force to recock. Where as my ccm with a rotor would fire by itself 3 or 4 times after first pump stroke if you were not holding the handle that's a smooth pull if you ask me

Old 09-22-2012, 04:54 PM #33
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Autocockers are not pumps. There is NO debating that.

As long as there isn't any excessive wobble or rub with the pump kit, there won't be any real difference between any 2 kits. Your main spring tension is what determines your pump stroke.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:17 PM #34
PaulE2Cocker

So what is this If its not a autococker pump

Last edited by PaulE2Cocker : 09-22-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 PM #35
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
So what is this If its not a autococker pump
Some people would call that a "sniper" if they want to be a jerk about it, but it's more accurately an Autococker that has been converted to pump action.

The original "Sniper" was basically a user-upgradable direct feed Sheridan clone made in Bud Orrs garage; it beat the piss out of braising brass tubes together and welding feednecks on to oil cans when you wanted a longer barrel or more paint. In '89 or so pneumatic recocking kits were sold to convert Snipers pumps into semi "auto-cockers" - until the early/mid '90s WGP sold both Autocockers and Snipers made from the same stock bodies. Pump play died out a bit, and WGP phased out the Sniper line. In the early 2000s WGP started releasing the occasional factory pump "Sniper" model using various stock bodies, generally in small batches.

So yeah, the configuration could be called a "sniper" but a "WGP Sniper" is a specific model (actually it encompasses several) and that ain't one. I've taken flack about it from less experienced players, but it's safe to say that if your body left WGP with pneumatics on the front end and now it has a pump kit, it's an Autococker that has been converted to pump action.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:49 PM #36
Oonlo
STOP DONT TOUCH ME THERE

Oonlo is playing at Living Legends V
Oonlo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oonlo supports Pev's Paintball
Oonlo has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oonlo is attending Decay of Nations VI
thats a nice csl you got there....

From all us pump players... Ramping is unnecessary i can kill you with one shot... On the other hand YOU need 100

★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
Oonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 PM #37
PaulE2Cocker

I understand all that but am I the one in the wrong for calling it a cocker pump because that's what they are I bought them from factory in 2000-2001 with complete pneum on it then converted them as I pleased I wasn't trying to be an *** by telling him an empire is based off this I just got annoyed cause he said it didn't exist no such thing. But thanks for someone else's input.

Thanks about csl check my curators corner it's been changed a tad..

Also I would recommend an s6.5 because it's basically an updated t2 and the body doesn't split on the two tubes if you want to spend $600 a ccm is only way to get a better pump you can go through hustepaintball or directly through Mel a ccm. I would wait for j12 I think they look sick..

Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 PM #38
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
I understand all that but am I the one in the wrong for calling it a cocker pump because that's what they are I bought them from factory in 2000-2001 with complete pneum on it then converted them as I pleased I wasn't trying to be an *** by telling him an empire is based off this I just got annoyed cause he said it didn't exist no such thing. But thanks for someone else's input.

Thanks about csl check my curators corner it's been changed a tad..

Also I would recommend an s6.5 because it's basically an updated t2 and the body doesn't split on the two tubes if you want to spend $600 a ccm is only way to get a better pump you can go through hustepaintball or directly through Mel a ccm. I would wait for j12 I think they look sick..
i dont believe you are in the wrong for calling it cocker pump. that what it is...... its an autococker that you converted to pump. a lot of people call autocockers just cockers so adding the pump onto the end to it doesnt make it wrong. you can call it that or a sniper really. both are really the same thing.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 AM #39
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Also I would recommend an s6.5 because it's basically an updated t2
lolwut

keep on talking out of your *** dude.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM #40
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

I don't think you've posted a single coherent thought in this entire thread.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM #41
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
ANYWAYS, if you want a CCM pump, hit up Mel or check their eBay store.

Let's try to stay on the main topic.
Swanie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:38 PM #42
ryanhall41
Ryan from Arc Anodizing

Anyway, to answer the original question, to get a ccm pump you just call, email or pm mel from ccm. (I'm not sure if she has a screen name on here but pm ccm chick on MCB and that's her)

you can build a pump but unless you cheap out and get crappy parts you will most likely end up spending $300+ which will start to get you into the range of ccm guns and enybody who has ever owned a ccm gun can tell you that the craftsman ship is much better than anything ever made by wgp or an other company that milled autocockers.

Now onto the other argument. What Hog is saying is correct, it make no sense to call something a cocker pump because cocker is short for Autococker (anyone want to argue this?). So the word cocker infers that the gun automatically cocks itself at some point in the trigger pull and a pump does not due that. If you go to Cusotmcockers.com which is a website that is made for Autococker enthusiast, there is a section for snipers because that is what they are called by people who know autocockers. Yes, the original snipers where made by bud before autocockers were made but since it is an autococker body without the auto-cocking part, it is just a sniper.
ryanhall41 is offline   Reply With Quote