PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 PM #1
DuckDownItsPaint

DuckDownItsPaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Marker Choice + FSR?

I was looking at the TA website and I can't seem to figure out which ones are First Strike compatible? Are they all compatible or just a limited selection? I'm thinking primarily of playing a sniper role. Sneak around and long shots.
DuckDownItsPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
All the current Tiberius Arm guns are compatible with the First Strike rounds.

Only the older T8 and T9 needed conversions to use them.

Do remember that all the T9.1's are all internally identical, just with different accessory packages. I tend to prefer to start with the most stripped down and simple version and then later add only what I need.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM #3
DuckDownItsPaint

So basically if I am not misunderstanding, I could just get the T9.1 Ranger, upgrade the sight from red dot to scope, swap out to the rifled barrel, get a remote line and I'd be about the same level as the First Strike Sniper, but I'd spend a lot more time and money. THe base T9.1 is only different from the rest based on customization?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM #4
thengthing
Pistols Only

thengthing has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Correct, but you would probably spend less money. The only difference between the Elite, Sniper, & Ranger is all the various bells & whistles.

It all boils down to personal preference. If you don't care for looks, you could buy a Ranger & only the essential upgrades (better scope, adjustable rail, or bipod) and still spend less than the Sniper, with about the same functionality.

I don't play many night games so for me a flashlight & laser pointer is pretty useless and just more stuff to clean. If you can, try to see one in person before you purchase.
thengthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM #5
DuckDownItsPaint

If I got a TA marker, it'd probably be the ranger and swap out the red dot to an actual scope and the remote line attachment. I'm thinking about a Tiberius Arms marker strictly for First Strike because of the extra range.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM #6
thengthing
Pistols Only

thengthing has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my Ranger but I did have to tweak a couple things out of the box.
A couple things I'd consider (again personal preference):

1) Add a 45 deg. elbow to the rear ASA block, it helps keep the coil out of the way

2) Replace the stock grip with the adjustable one found on the Sniper/Elite model because it's better made. TA actually upgraded my grip for me because the stock one was defective. The way it tightens on the shroud isn't the greatest and it actually shears right off if you tighten it too hard and then grip it. I don't know if they fixed it in the more recent T9.1's but it's something to keep an eye out for.

3) Some type of adjustable rail. For me and my semi-large head, I can barely see through the scope straight with my mask on. You won't know for sure if it works for you unless you hold one and try it out. It sounds like this will be a crucial thing for you so definitely check it out.

The first strikes are a big plus though, it was one of the main reasons I got it, that and the fact that it's two guns in one.
thengthing is offline   Reply With Quote