PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 AM #1
gandhi915

gandhi915 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Meeting city's ordinances

Well I'm sure you guys have heard this a million times but how is it that some fields get away with the bare minimum on their fields? Ok let me explain, I am trying to open a field in a small town outside the big city. The small town is asking me to put the curb, a store front building with all working utilities, complete parking lot, sidewalk from property end to property end and the list goes on and on. There are other fields in my area that have bare minimum as a place of business. Things like a shipping container as an office, portable johns, and no paved parking. I already got permission to do the field and the rezoning was not a issue, but how can I get around like the other people and have some sort of starting point without using so much of my Field capitol on making the land come up to these crazy standards unlike others in my area? Luckily we have access to another area close by that might be a bit easier to bring up to code. We have a meeting tomorrow with the city so I hope all goes well. Any info on this helps thanks.
gandhi915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM #2
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
JUJU supports Empire
You can always ask for a exception to some of the rules. We have that at our field as well. They let us have a portable john, no finished parking lot and what not. Depending on where you are they won't have any issues approving that as long as you have a detail layout of what your property is going to look like what is going to be where. Other field owners I have helped with always go to the city with very little info and that is what scares them.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
JUJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 AM #3
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
The city where I originally wanted to open my field wanted something like $20,000 in drawings from architects and engineers alone plus the cost of upgrading the property to their standards. My solution was to move 125 feet down the street and across a two lane road to property that is zoned un-incorporated in the county. Here, you can do anything you please within reason. All the county wanted of me here was to have an ADA ramp....

I take the $20,000 that the city had me paying, and use it to get started on my field!

-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote