Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2012, 06:50 PM #1
dannyboy768

HPA Bottle unscrewing from the reg!!!

Last night, I went to test out my brothers Tippmann 98 so I screw in my Guerrilla 48/3000. After I was done, I went to unscrew my tank and for some reason it was really hard to unscrew. As I slowly unscrewed it I noticed the bottle unscrew from the reg of the tank about 1/8 of a turn. I stopped and picked up the gun (with tank still on it) and brought it closer to my face for a better look and the tank (reg and bottle) kinda fell off the ASA like if I finished unscrewing it.

Anyways, there is a small gap between the reg and bottle, just wide enough to slide a piece of paper through. When this happened, the tank was holding exactly 1000 PSI, and it still is. Also, I heard that these tanks have some kind of safety system where if you unscrew the reg from the bottle with air in the tank, it will vent out the air instead of turning into a rocket. So what do I do with this tank so I can use it again? Thanks.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
They do have a safety feature to keep the reg from unscrewing, it drains when the threads are exposed

carefully remove the tank by unscrew just the reg, not the tank itself. If it doesn't unscrew. Drain the tank by dry firing it, remove the tank, and then remove the reg. Normally dow 33/55 in the asa will help prevent this from happening
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You're going to need to drain the tank fully and then secure the reg to the bottle with tool force. GA does not use a thread sealant on their regs to secure it to the cylinder.
Also inspect the threads for damage to make sure it didn't cross thread or bind with the asa threads.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote