rwparker35
20+ years of paintball

Annual Supporting Member
rwparker35 is BST Legit
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoeller View Post
I just got my D.A.R.T. kit installed on my ego11 today also. My results are not as drastic as rwparkers. I was swapping from a techt kush bolt though. Rwparker, can you comment as to which bolt you had installed prior to testing. I'm guessing the cure3+ since you said all stock.

My fps gains were marginal after swapping to the full d.a.r.t. kit from the kush bolt. I'd say it bumped me up about 10 fps.

I must say, the fps gains aren't the only thing that makes this kit worth it though. The sound signature is noticeably changed. Again, as rwparkers stated, I would not call it quiet. It softened the sound from the typical ego "crack" to a duller sound signature. Much better job than a hush bolt IMO.

The best thing about the d.a.r.t. kit in my opinion though is how it smooths the shot out. My ego is just broken in with 11 cases through it. I thought I had it smooth until I installed this kit. Don't get me wrong, it was smooth before, but after installing the kit to me it almost felt like a different marker.

Overall I give this upgrade two big thumbs up. I was pondering selling my ego before, but now I believe she will stay with me.

Yeah, I was using the stock cure 3 bolt. Since you were already using a TechT bolt, that may account for why you didn't see as big a jump in fps.

My VEGO is in excellent condition and has been well maintained, but it has shot a lot of paint. One thing I didn't consider before is that my VEGO may have had some debris in it, worn part/o-ring, not enough oil on an o-ring, or another unknown issue, that resulted in a lower initial "stock" fps reading. As part of the DART install process you clean off and re-lube the o-rings on the LPR. You are also installing a fresh valve guide and exhaust valve. Had I installed a standard new stock exhaust valve and valve guide, along with the cleaning and re-lubing that is part of the process, maybe I would have notice a slight bump in the fps anyway.

So, it may have been a combination of the true benefit of the new DART kit parts, along with the benefit of there simply being fresh parts with fresh o-rings and a good cleaning/re-lubing of the LPR. I guess we will never really know.

I attempted to control as many variables as I could, but there will always be some "unknowns" and "what ifs".

Glad you are also happy with your kit. Like you, I think it is a worthwhile upgrade.
rwparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:19 PM #107
DuBullT

DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DuBullT supports DLX Technology
My friend and i dropped by our local store today and he picked it up for his Ego-S. I helped him install it which was a breeze. I noticed that the bolt pin when installed into the Dart bolt, its slightly shorter and lower profile. We did just a few dry fire shots because we were low on air, and we noticed it slightly quieter. We're going to go to our local field this weekend and i will bring a different stock ego11 and my friends ego-s with the dart and we will make a shooting vid of both.

Btw Ego-S=Ego11 for those who don't know.
DuBullT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM #108
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBullT View Post
My friend and i dropped by our local store today and he picked it up for his Ego-S. I helped him install it which was a breeze. I noticed that the bolt pin when installed into the Dart bolt, its slightly shorter and lower profile. We did just a few dry fire shots because we were low on air, and we noticed it slightly quieter. We're going to go to our local field this weekend and i will bring a different stock ego11 and my friends ego-s with the dart and we will make a shooting vid of both.

Btw Ego-S=Ego11 for those who don't know.
its impossible for the bolt pin to sit lower due to the fact that the rammer does not move in relation to the bolt they both still sit in the exact same spot
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 PM #109
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This Ego-S nonsense is annoying. PE has not officially nor formally called any Ego an Ego-S.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 PM #110
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpurest View Post
This Ego-S nonsense is annoying. PE has not officially nor formally called any Ego an Ego-S.
Correct me if Im wrong but its now in the manual being shipped with the 2012 model Ego11's.
Also Planet Eclipse stated they will be dropping the year tagged on the end of the name due to not releasing an annual model. Therefore the "Ego13" will probably not be called an Ego13.
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:48 PM #111
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungorthin

Correct me if Im wrong but its now in the manual being shipped with the 2012 model Ego11's.
Also Planet Eclipse stated they will be dropping the year tagged on the end of the name due to not releasing an annual model. Therefore the "Ego13" will probably not be called an Ego13.
Manual nomeclature means nothing. Where is this press release or info with PE saying the 2012 ego is an Ego-S? I think we all need to wait till cup before we start using unknown names for guns.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"

Last edited by jdmpurest : 09-19-2012 at 09:50 PM.
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 PM #112
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
It has been stated by a PE rep that the Ego11/12 is the Ego-S.... In the Official News thread sir.
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 PM #113
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G

its impossible for the bolt pin to sit lower due to the fact that the rammer does not move in relation to the bolt they both still sit in the exact same spot
I think by lower he means the top of the pin is shorter so essentially 'sits lower'.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 PM #114
DuBullT

DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DuBullT supports DLX Technology
actually he is right, the ram and the bolt pin doesn't move in vertical terms, I don't know why on my friend's ego-s it looks shorter. The dart bolt doesn't come with a new bolt pin, you have to use the stock one from the cure3+

and as far as the name Ego-S goes, people should get use to it. It's not just random people throwing that name around. Planet Eclipse calls it an Ego-S in the OFFICIAL ego manuals thats shipping with all new 2012 egos. Just because Planet Eclipse didn't hold a press conference to NAME the same marker a different name, doesn't mean its not official. It just sounds better to PE and probably some people too to call the newest Ego11's an Ego-S being that its 2012 now and moving soon into 2013, so calling it an Ego11 sounds old. if PE is skipping a ego model for 2012 and releases one in 2013, it would be weird calling it Ego12.But eventually when PE does release another ego, confusion about which Ego is what can occur, for example Ego Z and Ego Y.
DuBullT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:17 AM #115
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Fingers crossed guys, my new EGO11 (EGO-S to bug you all ) and DART kit should be with me today or tomorrow. I'll do a comparison this weekend (no video footage though ) and let you know.

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 AM #116
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpurest View Post
Manual nomeclature means nothing. Where is this press release or info with PE saying the 2012 ego is an Ego-S? I think we all need to wait till cup before we start using unknown names for guns.
How much more official do you need than them changing their manuals and boxes etc? lol.....If it comes in a box labeles "Ego-S", then guess what - the name is changed to the Ego-S.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 AM #117
rwparker35
20+ years of paintball

Annual Supporting Member
rwparker35 is BST Legit
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rwparker35 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Fingers crossed guys, my new EGO11 (EGO-S to bug you all ) and DART kit should be with me today or tomorrow. I'll do a comparison this weekend (no video footage though ) and let you know.

Looking forward to hearing what your results are using a brand new Ego 11.
rwparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM #118
kwoodStLo8(Mw)
tru ballers get dirty

kwoodStLo8(Mw) owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kwoodStLo8(Mw) supports Pev's Paintball
kwoodStLo8(Mw) plays in the APPA D4 division
kwoodStLo8(Mw) supports DLX Technology
i will be getting this for my vego11
kwoodStLo8(Mw) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 AM #119
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Here is stuff from Jack Wood during the facebook live chat about dart/ego s:

Q: Chan are you guys going to make an ego that is quiet and efficient at the same time like the g6r?
A: Try a nicely set up Ego11 with the DART kit in it.

Q: I just dropped in the new DART kit in my Ego 11 and I was wondering what settings I should tweak to reach a high level of efficiency?
A: Get everything chrono'd using the HPR and then reduce the LPR until you start to see velocity drop over the chrono, then tweek it up a touch. Then try reducing the dwell a bit as well.

Q: With the release of the DART kit, did you mean to tease the release of an "EGO S"
A: EgoS is just the name we have given Ego11 now that we are out of the yearly cycle window. If you look in the manual for a new Ego it calls it the EgoS. The EgoS is NOT a new gun.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM #120
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
Here is stuff from Jack Wood during the facebook live chat about dart/ego s:

Q: Chan are you guys going to make an ego that is quiet and efficient at the same time like the g6r?
A: Try a nicely set up Ego11 with the DART kit in it.

Q: I just dropped in the new DART kit in my Ego 11 and I was wondering what settings I should tweak to reach a high level of efficiency?
A: Get everything chrono'd using the HPR and then reduce the LPR until you start to see velocity drop over the chrono, then tweek it up a touch. Then try reducing the dwell a bit as well.

Q: With the release of the DART kit, did you mean to tease the release of an "EGO S"
A: EgoS is just the name we have given Ego11 now that we are out of the yearly cycle window. If you look in the manual for a new Ego it calls it the EgoS. The EgoS is NOT a new gun.
Thank you sir
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM #121
?DevilDog?

?DevilDog? plays in the PSP
?DevilDog? donated to help Peyton Trent
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
?DevilDog? supports Pev's Paintball
?DevilDog? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I know its probably something I did wrong, but I just installed my dart kit and now my gun cycles but no air flows through. Rammer goes forward and returns but it is basically doing the same thing as shooting in practice mode
TCP H8 factory Captain (3 years)
Orange/Green LV1
DARK/LADY GEO 3.1
?DevilDog? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM #122
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?DevilDog? View Post
I know its probably something I did wrong, but I just installed my dart kit and now my gun cycles but no air flows through. Rammer goes forward and returns but it is basically doing the same thing as shooting in practice mode
Pull the gun apart...your valve is installed upside down.

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:39 PM #123
?DevilDog?

Upside down or backwards? I put the side with the blocked hole facing where you screw in that frame screw
TCP H8 factory Captain (3 years)
Orange/Green LV1
DARK/LADY GEO 3.1
?DevilDog? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM #124
?DevilDog?