Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 AM #421
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
He is literally so terrified of the world liberal. If there is a god I don't blame him for intervening in his life, the guy needs it.
Well he should be. Liberal cronyism is destroying our society from the inside out.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 AM #422
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
As opposed to conservative cronyism that's restoring America?
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM #423
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
As opposed to conservative cronyism that's restoring America?
There hasn't been conservatism practiced in washington for decades.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM #424
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Yet the party exists and claims to be.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM #425
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
There hasn't been conservatism practiced in washington for decades.
What a horribly convenient position to argue from. I'm sure Gonzo would claim that liberalism hasn't been practiced in Washington since the days of Roosevelt (if ever).
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM #426
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Well he should be. Liberal cronyism is destroying our society from the inside out.
I disagree. Id say conservatives are getting more extremist, as displayed by people like FE and speakers like Santorum and Bachmann at VVS. Because they are getting more extremist it makes everyone look more liberal from their perspective. These people are legitimately not concerned with facts as showed by their declaration of everything but fox and far right blogs as liberal media "they don't believe". More and more since the 50s these people have worked to erode the separation of church and state, even going so far as denying that it ever existed historically. What's the phrase about making the lie big? The fact that a third of republicans believe Obama is a Muslim and the whole birth certificate thing goes to show you how concerned they are with facts.

There is nothing more dangerous than a theocracy, history has shown us this as well as current Muslim states. The fact is man can justify anything in the name of God. Because god is open to interpretation as shown by the fragmentation of all religion including Christianity. Cronyism has existed in the US for a long time...this extremist theocracy ideology is a much bigger threat to our democracy.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM #427
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
What a horribly convenient position to argue from. I'm sure Gonzo would claim that liberalism hasn't been practiced in Washington since the days of Roosevelt (if ever).
The government has continually expanded in every way, so regardless of any rhetoric, true conservatism has not been practiced.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM #428
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Doesn't anyone who resides on either side of the spectrum look extreme to the other.

There has been an increase of secularization since the 60s by the way. This country is evidence of the fact that democracy functions just fine when the bulk of the population practice the same general religion. Democracy works so long as you have consensus.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 09-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM #429
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Doesn't anyone who resides on either side of the spectrum look extreme to the other.

There has been an increase of secularization since the 60s by the way.
Depends how you look at it...I don't feel like getting into a debate about it on my phone. Yes we have seen lower church attendance etc but we lag far behind the rest of the developed world.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM #430
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
I disagree. Id say conservatives are getting more extremist, as displayed by people like FE and speakers like Santorum and Bachmann at VVS. Because they are getting more extremist it makes everyone look more liberal from their perspective. These people are legitimately not concerned with facts as showed by their declaration of everything but fox and far right blogs as liberal media "they don't believe". More and more since the 50s these people have worked to erode the separation of church and state, even going so far as denying that it ever existed historically. What's the phrase about making the lie big? The fact that a third of republicans believe Obama is a Muslim and the whole birth certificate thing goes to show you how concerned they are with facts.
A third of a party believing something doesn't mean anything. You can find a third of either party believing who knows what. You are saying conservatives are getting more "extremist" because they are finally starting to at the very least talk like a conservative - if they haven't acted as one yet. This is not a bad thing, it will be good for the country as well as for the national discourse.

Quote:
There is nothing more dangerous than a theocracy, history has shown us this as well as current Muslim states. The fact is man can justify anything in the name of God. Because god is open to interpretation as shown by the fragmentation of all religion including Christianity. Cronyism has existed in the US for a long time...this extremist theocracy ideology is a much bigger threat to our democracy.
Historically National Socialism and Communism have done more damage. I'm not saying theocracy doesn't have the potential, but it hasn't been realized in the way that the other two have.

Regardless, nobody is ever going to attempt to institute a Theocracy regardless of some who try to gin up people's fears about the subject. Rick Santorum never got close to being the nominee, and never got close to being close to defeating Obama - he was rejected flat out. Acting like it's right on our doorstep is incorrect and attempting to take focus off the important issues currently facing the country - the explosion of government and spending, a weakening of our defense, erosion of our civil liberties, etc. etc.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 PM #431
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Depends how you look at it...I don't feel like getting into a debate about it on my phone. Yes we have seen lower church attendance etc but we lag far behind the rest of the developed world.
No I'm saying we've been progressively purging religion from the government and public sector since the 60s. This idea that we are moving towards a Christian theocracy is nonsense.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 PM #432
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
No I'm saying we've been progressively purging religion from the government and public sector since the 60s. This idea that we are moving towards a Christian theocracy is nonsense.
Thankfully. Maybe we'll have a woman president by the time I die. Hopefully religion will no longer be a prerequisite for POTUS and we'll have more than 2 physicists and an engineer in Congress.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM #433
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Thankfully. Maybe we'll have a woman president by the time I die. Hopefully religion will no longer be a prerequisite for POTUS and we'll have more than 2 physicists and an engineer in Congress.
**** that. I want those people doing what they are best at.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:37 PM #434
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
**** that. I want those people doing what they are best at.
Broham that's sexist.



Introducing logic and critical thinking into the task at hand? I think they'd do alright in Congress. Merkel seems to do alright for Germany and she was a p. chemist.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 PM #435
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Broham that's sexist.



Introducing logic and critical thinking into the task at hand? I think they'd do alright in Congress. Merkel seems to do alright for Germany and she was a p. chemist.
Didn't she just denounce multiculturalism as a failure? Albeit not doing a damned thing about it.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM #436
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Didn't she just denounce multiculturalism as a failure? Albeit not doing a damned thing about it.
It does fail when you have a culture that refuses to assimilate to the rest of Europe. It used to be the gypsies, now it's the muslims but it's the same security issue and one of the few things all the nations agree on being a problem.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 PM #437
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
It does fail when you have a culture that refuses to assimilate to the rest of Europe. It used to be the gypsies, now it's the muslims but it's the same security issue and one of the few things all the nations agree on being a problem.
So why aren't they embracing nationalism?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM #438
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
So why aren't they embracing nationalism?
Whom?
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM #439
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Whom?
Which ever nations agree it is a problem.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM #440
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Which ever nations agree it is a problem.
Multiculturalism isn't the problem. Cultures not willing to integrate and conform with multiculturalism are.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM #441
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Multiculturalism isn't the problem. Cultures not willing to integrate and conform with multiculturalism are.
Right so it simply doesn't work. It's a stupid idea that sounds good in our heads but has never translated well into reality. It is time to acknowledge that multiculturalism is a global thing only.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump