Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM #64
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
almost everyone pays income tax at some point in their life. obviously the elderly and the young seeking higher education dont.

licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM #65
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
as for those who are too poor to pay any at all in their life...thats because we've chosen to fight poverty through the tax code, which was widely supported by Republicans (when milton friedman was alive and they werent crazy)

*cough* EITC *cough*
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM #66
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Are we certain that was a gaffe?
His comments appear to be resonating, even with CNBC readers.
http://www.businessinsider.com/cnbc-...omments-2012-9
He showed a clear understanding of the american economy (47% should be closer to 5% unless he considers elderly people "entitled" and "needing to take personal responsibility and care for their lives"). Now he is being destroyed for it from everywhere except Fox (big surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Can you not see how people who live in a congested area/city will be different than people in rural farming communities? Do you think the tax codes are the same for these people? Romney is talking about entitlements in that vid. That's a bit more encompassing than "red states don't pay as much taxes as blue states".
Not wasting my time on someone who can't read a simple graph.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM #67
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Can you not see how people who live in a congested area/city will be different than people in rural farming communities? Do you think the tax codes are the same for these people? Romney is talking about entitlements in that vid. That's a bit more encompassing than "red states don't pay as much taxes as blue states".
It's not "red pay less than blue." It's what percentage of each state's population do the people pay and don't pay income tax. It's exclusive to each state. Deep Red states (except for NM) have states that have high population ratios of people who are too poor to pay income tax. This isn't surprising really...people in the south are poor, this is well known, but they have the benefit for a low cost of living, but that's for another conversation.

Even if we take your argument at face value (which I don't even understand what it is, really) it STILL fails to explain, oh you know, Texas & Florida, that has the 2nd and fourth highest populations, respectively in the US and BOTH show up on that map.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011

Last edited by Matt.is.back2011 : 09-18-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 PM #68
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
47% is actually much closer to 5% when you eliminate the elderly and the extremely poor.
Well good then, less moochers that will vote for Obama no matter what.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:49 PM #69
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
He showed a clear understanding of the american economy (47% should be closer to 5% unless he considers elderly people "entitled" and "needing to take personal responsibility and care for their lives"). Now he is being destroyed for it from everywhere except Fox (big surprise!)
Romney is always being "destroyed for it from everywhere," for nearly every comment he makes, from his acceptance speech to the Egyptian comments to this. According to the press, everything the man says is a race-ending "gaffe", and yet he's still neck-and-neck with Obama in the polls.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM #70
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
He showed a clear understanding of the american economy (47% should be closer to 5% unless he considers elderly people "entitled" and "needing to take personal responsibility and care for their lives"). Now he is being destroyed for it from everywhere except Fox (big surprise!)



Not wasting my time on someone who can't read a simple graph.
Not saying I agree with Romney's percentages. I just want to see a graph that accurately describes what he was talking about because from everything I read, 46% of people don't pay fed taxes. Sure Romney is skewing the truth but what politician doesn't?

__________________

“The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM #71
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
It's not "red pay less than blue." It's what percentage of each state's population do the people pay and don't pay income tax. It's exclusive to each state. Deep Red states (except for NM) have states that have high population ratios of people who are too poor to pay income tax. This isn't surprising really...people in the south are poor, this is well known, but they have the benefit for a low cost of living, but that's for another conversation.

Even if we take your argument at face value (which I don't even understand what it is, really) it STILL fails to explain, oh you know, Texas & Florida, that has the 2nd and fourth highest populations, respectively in the US and BOTH show up on that map.
Fla was a blue state last election dawg. Don't forget blue NC.

__________________

“The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM #72
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Romney is always being "destroyed for it from everywhere," for nearly every comment he makes, from his acceptance speech to the Egyptian comments to this. According to the press, everything the man says is a race-ending "gaffe", and yet he's still neck-and-neck with Obama in the polls.
Everytime i check intrade he's trending lower and lower

its hurting him
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:59 PM #73
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Romney is always being "destroyed for it from everywhere," for nearly every comment he makes, from his acceptance speech to the Egyptian comments to this. According to the press, everything the man says is a race-ending "gaffe", and yet he's still neck-and-neck with Obama in the polls.
That's because they dont' like somebody who tells the truth - because sometimes the truth hurts. I'm glad he said it as opposed to lying and pretending that he cares and will fix the problem if we just give him a little more power like some other politicians do *cough* Obama *cough*. I think an important thing here as well is to realize that Romney is speaking in political terms as opposed to social terms. He clarifies this later when he says that his tax plan obviously wont appeal to them because they don't pay income taxes. It's the flat out truth that people will vote in their best interests and the more of them are dependent on government the more will continue to vote for whoever promises to expand and secure that government gravy. Some may see the big picture but by and large creating a more dependent society = creating a larger group of people that will continue to vote for the party that offers them the most handouts without regard for what that means for society as a whole, our fiscal health down the road, etc. etc.

Here's a good wsj article breaking down the numbers behind what Romney said if you're interested:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...s-47-comments/

Here's two articles from news sources showing exactly what Romney was talking about:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...s-47-comments/

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...y-medicare.htm

He's basically saying exactly what the media acknowledges is happening, and describing these people the same way as Democrats do (their key argument is that we are dependent on the government for you name it), yet for some reason it is a gigantic "gaffe" when he says what they've been saying all along.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 PM #74
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
Fair Tax

/argument

__________________

“The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 PM #75
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Everytime i check intrade he's trending lower and lower

its hurting him
I honestly hadn't heard of intrade before. I was thinking mostly of Gallup.
Seems interesting though. It's some type of gambling site?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:04 PM #76
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
It's the flat out truth that people will vote in their best interests
Thats actually wrong.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:06 PM #77
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
almost everyone pays income tax at some point in their life. obviously the elderly and the young seeking higher education dont.
Wut? Young seeking higher education don't pay taxes? Please elaborate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Fair Tax

/argument

Tax only those who weren't taxed last year.

/argument
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM #78
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
federal income tax

federal income tax

federal income tax

federal income tax
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 PM #79
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Fla was a blue state last election dawg. Don't forget blue NC.

Ok, that still doesn't explain:

1. Texas
2. The fact that you misinterpreted the graph lol
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM #80
custar
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Norman, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Wut? Young seeking higher education don't pay taxes? Please elaborate.
He is generalizing that those going to college or pursuing some other form of higher education are not paying federal income tax because they aren't working or aren't making enough to have a net federal income tax liability. A lot of people in this thread ignore the distinction between paying federal income tax versus paying other taxes such as FICA, sales tax, etc. I know I had to pay all those taxes (including federal income taxes) when I was working and going to college.

custar
__________________
Are the Geisterjagers over the top?
Well, let's just say "The Top" is barely a speck in our rear view mirror.


"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM #81
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
He is generalizing that those going to college or pursuing some other form of higher education are not paying federal income tax because they aren't working or aren't making enough to have a net federal income tax liability. A lot of people in this thread ignore the distinction between paying federal income tax versus paying other taxes such as FICA, sales tax, etc. I know I had to pay all those taxes (including federal income taxes) when I was working and going to college.

custar
Don't forget federal fuel tax.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 PM #82
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Wut? Young seeking higher education don't pay taxes? Please elaborate.
Is it seriously that hard to read a ****ing sentence?
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM #83
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Is it seriously that hard to read a ****ing sentence?
Already covered, no need to get your panties in a twist.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM #84
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
He is generalizing that those going to college or pursuing some other form of higher education are not paying federal income tax because they aren't working or aren't making enough to have a net federal income tax liability. A lot of people in this thread ignore the distinction between paying federal income tax versus paying other taxes such as FICA, sales tax, etc. I know I had to pay all those taxes (including federal income taxes) when I was working and going to college.

custar
I was thinking something along those lines but I guess I needed someone to explain his stupidity out to me. I've been paying those taxes since I was 16.

L2k, where do you come up with this stuff that you post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Is it seriously that hard to read a ****ing sentence?
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump