Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 PM #1
LightShow

The Craze!

So, I finally got a true feel for what playing "pump" is all about this weekend. I must say, it was exhilarating! Thought for sure I would be down right terrible... Apparently I was wrong. I picked up an Empire Sniper from Fox Paintball on Saturday... Brought it out to their 1 day Scenario Event - Training Day, and played with it all day. Gun rocked out of the box. For a gun that wasn't broken in at all, it was shooting fairly consistent, 268 on the low, 278 on the high, and that was using the stock barrel kit, shooting crap field paint that was sitting in the basement. Once I shot all of my crap paint, I switched to Evil, which was actually really good. The difference was day and night, and ball on. Merc'n people all day, friggin awesome. Won quite a few snap shooting battles against electros, was excellent. First snap shooting battle I ended up in was with another pumper, which ended fairly epicly... Both tagging each other. Definitely sold on playing pump... Will I retire my Ego11? Hell no... Speedball is still my thing... But for playing rec ball and scenario, I find that beating up on less skilled players just isn't enjoyable. Also really don't like burning pods of paint on people that break on every little twig... Anywho, just felt like sharing my first real pump experience with you folks...
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM #2
wallify

Just wait until you play pump speedball. Paintball will never be the same. Pump only speedball is hard to don't but deffinately worth it. Pump vs electro speedball is still a blast too though. I've been playing pump only for the last 4 years and haven't looked back.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 AM #3
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
mister2driver plays in the APPA D4 division
mister2driver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mister2driver supports Empire
Welcome to the DARKSIDE.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:06 AM #4
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallify View Post
Just wait until you play pump speedball. Paintball will never be the same. Pump only speedball is hard to don't but deffinately worth it. Pump vs electro speedball is still a blast too though. I've been playing pump only for the last 4 years and haven't looked back.
I am starting to get that way, I play pump during ALL rec ball days. However, playing speedball with D2 teams I still play with my G6R. The thing is I have started taking out my pump for ****s and giggles during those days and don't do to to bad.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM #5
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Playing with pump on a speedball field is a total blast! The past few weekends I've been doing nothing but that and let me tell you, it's satisfying bunkering someone with an electro

Keep at it, you'll convert after awhile!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 PM #6
vvconst

vvconst is a founding member
something about the slower pace of pumping lets you line up your shots better and makes you become more patient on the field. glad you had a great time.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM #7
LightShow

oh I definitely plan on playing Speedball with my pump too. Found it most enjoyable when I was battling a 6 v 1... Was able to drop 2 of them before catching a hopper hit.. Guy that got me was like... "Damn dude, you were pumping? I'm salty" Honestly don't think paintball has been that exhilarating for me since I started playing 10 years ago. Bunkering people with a pump is just awesome in all the right ways.
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote