Community Focus

Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 PM #1
Pb4life21
Shocker Owners

Pb4life21 is playing at Living Legends VII
Pb4life21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb4life21 supports Empire
Recball at PAP?

So for the few times that I have made it up there this year (4-5 times) they only have the turf field open to teams practicing and do not have any other air courses set up. Are they going to set up any additional fields? Playing the Village and Woods gets old after a while, and playing on a team is not an option. Just want to play some rec air ball. Hopefully Rick will chime in and give an update. Any other close fields that offer air ball?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 PM #2
PAP-BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb4life21 View Post
So for the few times that I have made it up there this year (4-5 times) they only have the turf field open to teams practicing and do not have any other air courses set up. Are they going to set up any additional fields? Playing the Village and Woods gets old after a while, and playing on a team is not an option. Just want to play some rec air ball. Hopefully Rick will chime in and give an update. Any other close fields that offer air ball?
Well this Saturday we will have three air ball fields open to play recball. Sunday there is one for recball. You must have come on days that we something else going on that weekend. We have been running three fields on the most part except for the past three weeks because of scenarios and then last weekend we had two fields open. But I will make sure recball gets more airball time every weekend from this point on.
Rick Hartman
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 PM #3
Pb4life21
Shocker Owners

Pb4life21 is playing at Living Legends VII
Pb4life21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb4life21 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP-BALLER View Post
Well this Saturday we will have three air ball fields open to play recball. Sunday there is one for recball. You must have come on days that we something else going on that weekend. We have been running three fields on the most part except for the past three weeks because of scenarios and then last weekend we had two fields open. But I will make sure recball gets more airball time every weekend from this point on.
Rick Hartman
Rick, for the last few months as I have gone up there only the turf field was set up. I didnt see any other rec fields. I was up a few weeks ago and after Sunday practice concluded (around 2:30-3pm) the ref called for an airball game. That was shortlived as a couple of your sponsered players decided to wash the bunkers instead and cancelled any airball. Thank you for your quick reply and response to this matter.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM #4
dangerouspower76

I think this could use some more attention. I have been several times over the past few months and rarely get any airball in. And when i and others ask refs we usually do not get an enthusiastic response or any effort to get games started.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 PM #5
Shinjiro
Blackass

Annual Supporting Member
Shinjiro is BST Trusted
Shinjiro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shinjiro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shinjiro has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. Everytime I have been up there lately (pretty much every Sunday) as long as there were enough recball players to get an airball game together they were played.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 AM #6
dyetrix2006

I visited pap for the first time in a long long while (the last time I was there team nasty impulses were just released). All playing fields were above standards as usual. For the most part the staff was very friendly as i had remembered. On the subject of air ball we had alot of walk on(s) players that day, but i don't believe many of them knew what "air ball" was. I was impressed with a couple of the referees that were very clear in starting rec air ball games. The only negative experience i had during my time at pap was one referee that seems to be a bit over the top on trying to be in charge. (even giving other staff members a load of crap). Nevertheless raising your voice / being a complete jerk to a bunch of guests at a family oriented field in front of children, at that was uncalled for. At the end of the day I was very impressed with the quality of the fields and the amount of players we had. A+

P.s. i propose posting on here a few days in advance if your looking to play some rec air ball. I would def join you on that.

Last edited by dyetrix2006 : 09-18-2012 at 01:35 AM.