PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 PM #1
Angrypencils

Blitz questions/problems!

Hello everyone!

First off I would like to say that I've had my Blitz for about a year now, and I haven't had to replace anything in it yet. It's worked excellently since the day I got it. I absolutely love this gun and it has treated me well.

Very recently I have noticed that it has started double-feeding (firing two balls per shot) about 10% of the time. I was wondering if this might be because of the detents? Should they be replaced by now? I only use this marker about 5 or 6 times a year, so it hasn't seen extremely heavy use or anything like that.

Also, I have read the manual but I can't seem to figure out how to properly use the CFOA mode. It says semi, but many people tell me it's actually ramping. I don't notice any difference from normal semi operation, is it just semi capped at 13.1 bps?

Lastly, does anyone else have problems with the eyes? I assume it's just that my eyes are getting dirty, because at some point during the day they will stop functioning until I give the marker a few good shakes, then they will work and the marker will begin firing again for a short period of time. The light doesn't flash green, it stays a solid green. If I turn the eyes off I can fire with no problems or breaks, so I assume it's probably a bit of dust or something? If so, is it possible to fit eyeshields from other guns into the marker, or are those the kind of thing you would have to get included in the gun?

I know it's a lot of questions, but thank you everyone in advance!
Angrypencils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM #2
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The double feeding is probably the detents. They are just little rubber ones, so they are going to wear out faster than others.

CFOA mode in the Blitz is just semi capped at 13.1 BPS instead of 20 BPS.

With it not shooting some of the time, it might be your loader or the eyes aren't seeing the paint. If your loader isn't feeding fast enough or consistently enough, the marker won't shoot because there is no paint. After all, that is what the eyes are for. Now if you know that there is paint fully in the breach when you pull the trigger, then your eyes probably aren't seeing the paint. This can happen if you are using darker paint. If you are, try switching to a brighter shelled paint. It also wouldn't hurt to give the eyes a cleaning, especially if you haven't done so in the past year.

As far as I know there is no eye pipe or shield available for the Blitz. I think those are actually only for Dye/Proto markers.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 PM #3
Angrypencils

Well, I've got an eggy 4 on top of my gun so I know it can keep up. They're probably dirty in that case... I guess the eyes just need cleaning.

Okay, I guess it's time to go replace the detents then! Thanks!
Angrypencils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM #4
In-Hoc

In-Hoc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In-Hoc plays in the APPA D5 division
Yes, it is most likely your detents on the double feed issue. To check to see if the eyes are working you can always turn off your eyes and see if the problem continues. if it doesn't then you know it is the eyes if it does then you can move on to further diagnostics.

It's not the WILL to WIN, but rather the WILL to PREPARE to WIN that will make the difference!

In-Hoc Signo Vinces!
In-Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote