Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0jandude

Will have to try it out tomorrow at the field
How did it turn out?

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM #67
firpo

Annual Supporting Member
Well, it looks a bit like the Hush T Tech & WGP Jeff Orr halfblock bolt to me. Why not standard with ego 11 ?, the guns cost over a $1000. The bolt in the Ego 11 not good or what ?, After almost 7 years of Egos Planet eclipse couldn't get it right, so not you need to spend more $$$ to get your Ego 11 going well ?
The valve looks just like the one in the SL94, so the pin might work in the 09 and 10. This is like buying a Lexus and then Toyota telling you that they just came out with a new set of wheels for it. I love all Egos, their craft and performance, but this is kind of weird. The bolt does look sick do !!!!
firpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 PM #68
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by firpo
Well, it looks a bit like the Hush T Tech & WGP Jeff Orr halfblock bolt to me. Why not standard with ego 11 ?, the guns cost over a $1000. The bolt in the Ego 11 not good or what ?, After almost 7 years of Egos Planet eclipse couldn't get it right, so not you need to spend more $$$ to get your Ego 11 going well ?
The valve looks just like the one in the SL94, so the pin might work in the 09 and 10. This is like buying a Lexus and then Toyota telling you that they just came out with a new set of wheels for it. I love all Egos, their craft and performance, but this is kind of weird. The bolt does look sick do !!!!
Seeing as how the Ego11 came out in Fall 2010 and this bolt was probably not ready to be released, possibly not even in testing yet, I'd assume that's why it doesn't come stock. Nothing is wrong with the Cure 3+ or Cure 4. Just because a company releases an upgrade doesn't mean the current model is flawed.
Think about it. Would you really have them come out with an entirely new marker right now or develop a part that improves the current markers performance? $95 vs another $1250.

And all the valves look pretty much the same. But they said it will only work on the Ego11, Ego-S and CSL probably for a good reason.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM #69
ammoeller
its morphin time

ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firpo View Post
??? Can I have some of what you're smoking please? The latest ego (ego11/ego-s) is a top of the line marker, no questions about it. Would you rather them throw this in a body with minor milling changes and call it a new marker?

And how would this be like "buying a lexus and having toyota tell you..."? Its from the same company. Its more like buying a Lexus, owning your lexus for a bit, then lexus being like "hey, we just came out with this new high performance part. You dont need it and your car will still be amazing. If you do want it though all you need to do is pay some money and take your car up a notch".

Dont get me wrong, no hate intended in this post. Just curious to how you came to your conclusions.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM #70
token508
HOLDING IT DOWN!!!

token508 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
token508 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
token508 is Legendary
token508 supports DLX Technology
i say you guys should get the dart kit i mean if you want to see what your ego can do you can not go wrong with this product you will be nothing but happy with what PE has done with this product and be amazed
token508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 AM #71
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
still no pics or vids from anyone................... im still waiting on my kit to get here
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 AM #72
paint4

I am all for a company giving us more choice on their products. My question is; does it really make the Ego11 quieter. I play woodsball have Geo's and the Ego11. find my self wanting to use the Ego11 cause it is so much better on effiecency but it is so lould. So has anyone used the DART yet and found it to be a lot quieter???
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 AM #73
ILLMATIC
~~Osofast~~

ILLMATIC is playing at Living Legends III
ILLMATIC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hopefully there will be a good vid that someone will post to help me decide upon whether I want to make the purchase or stick with what I have.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM #74
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLMATIC View Post
Hopefully there will be a good vid that someone will post to help me decide upon whether I want to make the purchase or stick with what I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
still no pics or vids from anyone................... im still waiting on my kit to get here

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:31 PM #75
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im not trying to simplify it .....its a pooty mod (if you hate call it your name then) + bolt insert + new valve...hmmmm....you can do all that to an 09 or 10 and make it really really smoth , off course the solenoid part of the 11 can not be integrated in the 09-10
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM #76
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank
Im not trying to simplify it .....its a pooty mod (if you hate call it your name then) + bolt insert + new valve...hmmmm....you can do all that to an 09 or 10 and make it really really smoth , off course the solenoid part of the 11 can not be integrated in the 09-10
Actually you can't do it as simply as you make it out to sound. Its not just a different insert. Its a piece of metal to give the bolt weight. Exactly where are you going to get the metal weight for the bolt? Where are you going to get an identical valve and pin?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM #77
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Actually you can't do it as simply as you make it out to sound. Its not just a different insert. Its a piece of metal to give the bolt weight. Exactly where are you going to get the metal weight for the bolt? Where are you going to get an identical valve and pin?
HA !!...sorry but Reading your comments makes me think about a comparison of a Gallardo TT by UGR and the same by Heffner. They both claimed the best is the one they created, however, in this case its going to be a matter of taste and personal marker/set up / paint factor that will make you go either way.
Dont get me wrong, I applaud PE for releasing this (a little price IMO) in my case Im a big fan of upgrades, but Im just saying that its very similar upgrade to do on your own to an 09 or 10 with some pooty help.

Oh and both Gallardos TT made a ridiculous qtr mile run and the diff in time was less than 0.3 seconds between them

just my comments on it
Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM #78
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank

HA !!...sorry but Reading your comments makes me think about a comparison of a Gallardo TT by UGR and the same by Heffner. They both claimed the best is the one they created, however, in this case its going to be a matter of taste and personal marker/set up / paint factor that will make you go either way.
Dont get me wrong, I applaud PE for releasing this (a little price IMO) in my case Im a big fan of upgrades, but Im just saying that its very similar upgrade to do on your own to an 09 or 10 with some pooty help.

Oh and both Gallardos TT made a ridiculous qtr mile run and the diff in time was less than 0.3 seconds between them

just my comments on it
That reply made little to no sense and didn't even address what I was saying. A pooty mod is simply adding o-rings to the bolt. This kit is more than just bolt o-rings.
So my question to you is if it's so simply than how would you recreate it? The weight inside the bolt, the valve and pin?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 PM #79
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

English is not my first language , however, I think little to no sense can be directed towards what seams to be your only point on the dart bolt "weight insert"....... since im done with that argument, Ill continue.. the LP valve can be mirrored on the 09/10 + the oring bolt - the insert

To me , PE made what seamed to be the logic way to go in terms of reducing sound sig, kick and increasing effic...insert, no insert, pooty mod , PE mod its going to be personal prefrence at the end, as it always is.

PS...read first , argue later ...first post states "Im not trying to simplify it "...
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 PM #80
tr0jandude
ROMAN

tr0jandude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude posts videos on PbNation
tr0jandude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I didn't get to shoot it on Sunday. For practice I shot my geo3, but here are some pictures of it.

I still got some paint and air left. I might do a small shooting vid tomorrow.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:48 PM #81
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank View Post
English is not my first language , however, I think little to no sense can be directed towards what seams to be your only point on the dart bolt "weight insert"....... since im done with that argument, Ill continue.. the LP valve can be mirrored on the 09/10 + the oring bolt - the insert

To me , PE made what seamed to be the logic way to go in terms of reducing sound sig, kick and increasing effic...insert, no insert, pooty mod , PE mod its going to be personal prefrence at the end, as it always is.

PS...read first , argue later ...first post states "Im not trying to simplify it "...
ok just got my kit have not installed it yet but will shortly........as far as the lp goes yes you can buy one for the 09 and 10 but now that i have the kit in my hand you wont mirror the effects of it due to the fact the actual poppit/pin is weighted as well. so with the bolt weighted and the pin weighted you wont be recreating this kit with a standard pooty bolt or sl lp valve not gonna happen unless you figure out how to weight it yourself..............
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM #82
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
ok just got my kit have not installed it yet but will shortly........as far as the lp goes yes you can buy one for the 09 and 10 but now that i have the kit in my hand you wont mirror the effects of it due to the fact the actual poppit/pin is weighted as well. so with the bolt weighted and the pin weighted you wont be recreating this kit with a standard pooty bolt or sl lp valve not gonna happen unless you figure out how to weight it yourself..............
The valve on the 11 stock are the LP valves that come with the SL's The HP valve was always the "extra" valve that came with them. The HP valve gave better efficiency. The valve for the new dart kit is the same size opening as the LP valve with the SL's or the same as the stock 11 (0.35 inches).
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM #83
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
The valve on the 11 stock are the LP valves that come with the SL's The HP valve was always the "extra" valve that came with them. The HP valve gave better efficiency. The valve for the new dart kit is the same size opening as the LP valve with the SL's or the same as the stock 11 (0.35 inches).
not really debating valve size just saying you that dude wont be able to do what he thinks hes gonna do with a pooty mod and lp valve because the poppit/pin is itself way heavier then a regular one
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM #84
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0jandude View Post
I didn't get to shoot it on Sunday. For practice I shot my geo3, but here are some pictures of it.

I still got some paint and air left. I might do a small shooting vid tomorrow.

pics!

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote