Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM #85
baddogh27
Idk my bff Squash?

baddogh27 plays in the PSP
baddogh27 is an NCPA player
baddogh27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy tha Jewy View Post
Played 3 years at Iowa State with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy, had to stop because my legs couldn't take it anymore. So, are we recognizing everyone playing with disabilities. To those of you saying he deserves a brand new marker, stfu.
Just to let you know Nubbs (Nubz) has been playing paintball for over a decade now and he has played in tournaments since 04-05.

And his total recognition finally came in 2012. People that have seen him in person have been giving him props for a while, but most people in the paintball community just didn't know about him until now.

I think his attitude is the most inspirational thing, because he doesn't ever act like he is at a disadvantage, and never asked other people to give him anything because of his situation.....

I am sure people were inspired when they saw you playing as well.

I think some one should give him and individual sponsorship, who would be better to sponsor? Just my 2 cents.
Peter Velardi Fan Club Member #2
baddogh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 AM #86
BigdavePNW

Awesome!
BigdavePNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 AM #87
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhuskies View Post
Wow.

Is someone feeling a little upset because they weren't in the spotlight and felt that they need to be? This is about fellow community members acknowledging that "Nubz" was pushing his own limits to overcome a disability which he has.

He didn't come in here saying, "Hey - look at me. Somebody please acknowledge what I'm doing." Fellow ballers took it upon themselves to bring this inspirational person to the spotlight.

Because of that - there are other ballers who now look at their gameplay differently and have a different personal outlook on how they can strive to become better.

Your post was extremely uncalled for. What I took away from your post was, "Hey everyone - poor me. Give me some props too".

No. You don't get props by announcing your own misfortune and getting upset at others for being supportive and amazed by another's overcoming.

Just because this thread is about Nubz doesn't mean that the inspirational outlook which he's been given can't be used for your own self gratification. There is without a doubt in my mind that others have looked at you in a similar light. That should be enough - knowing that you helped changed/inspired others.

Getting upset at the community for vocalizing a feeling about someone else (and not you) is extremely childish.
Eh. You (probably) don't have a disability which prevents you from playing to the extent of most other players, so you really don't have too much room to pass judgement here.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 AM #88
greyhuskies
Sporting Only 5 Toes.....

Annual Supporting Member
greyhuskies donated to help Peyton Trent
greyhuskies owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
greyhuskies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greyhuskies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greyhuskies is reppin' sidebar 4 life
greyhuskies plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89

Eh. You (probably) don't have a disability which prevents you from playing to the extent of most other players, so you really don't have too much room to pass judgement here.
You couldn't be farther from the truth - hence why his post really upset me. Trust me - I have plenty I room to pass judgement.
greyhuskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 PM #89
Paintballer12u
KAPPUS #55

Paintballer12u posts videos on PbNation
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
the legit as can be i saw him play for real awhile back and its pretty cool to watch
KAPPUS#55
Ironmen and RL fan

MAC DEV
, DM9, DM12, DM13, NT10
Dye Rotor
Dye Throtal 45/45
Sly Pro-Merc Diesel Barrel
Paintballer12u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 AM #90
Stewy tha Jewy
Not in the face

Stewy tha Jewy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Stewy tha Jewy is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhuskies View Post
Wow.

Is someone feeling a little upset because they weren't in the spotlight and felt that they need to be? This is about fellow community members acknowledging that "Nubz" was pushing his own limits to overcome a disability which he has.

He didn't come in here saying, "Hey - look at me. Somebody please acknowledge what I'm doing." Fellow ballers took it upon themselves to bring this inspirational person to the spotlight.

Because of that - there are other ballers who now look at their gameplay differently and have a different personal outlook on how they can strive to become better.

Your post was extremely uncalled for. What I took away from your post was, "Hey everyone - poor me. Give me some props too".

No. You don't get props by announcing your own misfortune and getting upset at others for being supportive and amazed by another's overcoming.

Just because this thread is about Nubz doesn't mean that the inspirational outlook which he's been given can't be used for your own self gratification. There is without a doubt in my mind that others have looked at you in a similar light. That should be enough - knowing that you helped changed/inspired others.

Getting upset at the community for vocalizing a feeling about someone else (and not you) is extremely childish.
The point of my post is that giving someone a $1200 marker just because they have a physical handicap seems like bull****. Does everyone with a disability deserve that; And I'm not even taking about myself. Its awesome that he goes out and balls like a bad ***, but I feel that a large gift like that could be used in a better way. I'm sorry if this was seen as a personal attack; I was just adding my opinion.

On another note, greyhuskies, I doubt you have any room to pass judgment here. I'm vocalizing the fact that there are others in the community playing paintball with a handicap as well, and that's the awesome thing about this sport. Its even better that people are discussing it and giving props.
Iowa State University Cyclones #42
Sponsors
Ego 8 | 45/4500 with Myth Reg | Dye Rotor

Last edited by Stewy tha Jewy : 09-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Stewy tha Jewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM #91
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
I'll step into the middle of this and mention that I watched the video about a week ago and poured my soul onto the field the very next time I played. You've worked hard at becoming the player, and person, that you are today. I highly respect that, in all forms and fashions.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 AM #92
Keagan
Keagan

Sweet
Keagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 AM #93
Keagan
Keagan

Hhhh
Keagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM #94
Mlack Measles

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00 View Post
Inspirational man.. good to see people overcome adversity to play the sports they love
. that's all i could think of while watching the video
Mlack Measles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM #95
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
could someone find the video of the guy with no legs playing? i put it on my facebook a while ago but i can't find it now. he was a veteran who lost both legs and i believe was shown playing hyperball. every bit as cool as this guy. he should get some recognition too.

found this:
Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM #96
bngi

Much respect from Sweden. Keep tearing that **** up.
iddqd.se
bngi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM #97
ContractKiller88
Still Ballin!

ContractKiller88 plays in the PSP
ContractKiller88 supports DLX Technology
wow! what a true baller in every sense!
ContractKiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 PM #98
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

BonusBaller04 is a Supporting Member
BonusBaller04 works for a Paintball manufacturer
BonusBaller04 plays in the USPL
BonusBaller04 plays in the PSP
BonusBaller04 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy tha Jewy View Post
The point of my post is that giving someone a $1200 marker just because they have a physical handicap seems like bull****. Does everyone with a disability deserve that; And I'm not even taking about myself. Its awesome that he goes out and balls like a bad ***, but I feel that a large gift like that could be used in a better way. I'm sorry if this was seen as a personal attack; I was just adding my opinion.

On another note, greyhuskies, I doubt you have any room to pass judgment here. I'm vocalizing the fact that there are others in the community playing paintball with a handicap as well, and that's the awesome thing about this sport. Its even better that people are discussing it and giving props.
Greyhuskies has one leg. You guys assume way too much. He plays all of the time and dedicates a lot of his time to running different teams. I am pretty sure he has all the room in the world to judge.
IPS/Planet Eclipse /UNDERSTOOD/PAINTBALL ARENA/PB187/KM/SPINE
SUPPORT THE MAPL

Trendy News PROPAINTBALL.COM
BonusBaller04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 AM #99
MidnightMaster

MidnightMaster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MidnightMaster supports Team VICIOUS
MidnightMaster supports Team VICIOUS
MidnightMaster is attending Decay of Nations VI
Nice to see people that shows there is no such thing as disability, only ability!