PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 AM #1
skbcnb
Tore Briguglio

any reviews on the ft12?

So, has anyone tested out the ft12s? Like hard? I'm looking to buy about 50 more rentals and I don't feel like I've tested them out enough to buy them over 98s....

We had one get really leaky around the asa after not too long, and two come apart on the field somehow. I know CPX got rid of theirs after not long, but was under the impression that it was just because of leaky valves, that I'm told has now been fixed?

Any advice would be appreciated...
tore@totalgreif.com
skbcnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 AM #2
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
contact tippmann and see if they can do a trial period on like 10 of them, and if your satisfied order 40-50 more?
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 AM #3
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
We have sold a few of them without issue. We also got an update kit for all FT12's we have sold as well as all FT12's we have ordered with the update kit to the valves. At the end of the day it's a Tippmann and it won't let you down in the long run
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM #4
TeacherCreature

Tippmann rep told me he would personally use 98s untill the FT is refined a little.
He said if I can wait until 2013 go with FT he said but before that stick with 98s (for whatever its worth)
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM #5
Misha"mole"yelich
MISHKA

Misha"mole"yelich supports Team VICIOUS
we got 30 of them and have had nothing but problems so far. First weekend they were rented out almost all of them blew orings that did not come in the repaire kits. Waited 2 weeks to get the orings from tippmann and they still are constantly breaking down. Very disappointed with them. Check out the BT slice, no way it could perform worse then the ft.
Misha"mole"yelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM #6
GatSplat

We got in a dozen... and had the o-ring problem... They fixed that, and now we have had them for months with no problems.

We also tried the BT slice, and they became sputter monsters the first day out... sent all those back.

I also like the tippmann over the bt as it doesn't have the exposed hose that we found frayed a lot on the BTs (cover them with tubing will stop kids from cutting them selves).

So I'm not sure why ours are working good, and others aren't, but they seem great for us. In fact, we are going to be selling off about 75 BT4's and buying more.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 AM #7
schroederman

has been a member for 10 years
our FT 12 rentals are working GREAT since changing the oring on the valve. rented out first off the shelves, gone all weekend, easier to clean, better balanced, public loves them and (after the first 2 weeks of trouble) we love them too!
schroederman is offline   Reply With Quote