PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM #1
thebadfx7

Cool Replacing the eye foam on Sly Profits

Hey PBNation

I recently purchased some Sly Profits back in June, and they have served me well on the field since. Recently the eye foam has begun to rip away and peel off to the point where they are no longer comfortable to wear.

I tried contacting Sly Equipment though their customer support page a few times, but have received not even a response from them. I also contacted ANSgear where I purchased the mask, they said they no longer have replacement foam in stock and might not for a while, their best recommendation was to talk to Sly again

So I took to searching and finally found a distributor with 1 last replacement kit in stock at a fair price (Thanks RockstarTactical)

The problem is that the replacement kit came with just the foam, No glue or adhesive, not even a sticky strip or instructions. My Question to you PBN is how should I go about removing the old foam and installing the replacement? What kind of glue or adhesive is the best to use and will not be dangerous to have near the eyes? If anyone has had to deal with Sly customer service or a similar eye foam issue I would like to hear your story.

Thanks!
fX7
thebadfx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 PM #2
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Elmers rubber glue works great.
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 PM #3
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadfx7 View Post
I tried contacting Sly Equipment though their customer support page a few times, but have received not even a response from them.
I've been trying to get a replacement mask because of peeling issues. Valken says I have to send my mask back to them "for further inspection". Come on, Valken. The paint flaking is a common issue, just send me a new mask for crying out loud.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 AM #4
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I've been trying to get a replacement mask because of peeling issues. Valken says I have to send my mask back to them "for further inspection". Come on, Valken. The paint flaking is a common issue, just send me a new mask for crying out loud.
I had to send in my Sly barrel kit in for "further inspection" as well but it was totally worth it in the end. Got a brand new kit for nothin. If you have a backup mask you could use in the mean time I would send it in.

My guess is that Valken is trying to do R&D work on the Sly product line to help improve the brand. There was rumors back when Sly was bought by Valken that they would be realeasing a new gun (the Proton I would guess), a new hopper, and a new high end mask (replacement of the Profit maybe?)
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM #5
thebadfx7

I finally got through to Sly Support, I should mention that all sly products are now being supported by the Valken team so going through there customer support first would have saved me some time/frustration.

Valken was very helpful, they asked for a picture and a proof of purchase, and if anyone is curious they recommended Rubber cement for the replacement.

They were also kind enough to send me free set of foam replacement! as soon as the new shipment comes in Monday. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the old glue and tattered foam. Any suggestions?
thebadfx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 AM #6
hawaiian_homegrown

hawaiian_homegrown is a Supporting Member
hawaiian_homegrown is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
A very sharp razor and go slowly.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:09 PM #7
rdpb196

rdpb196 plays in the PSP
rdpb196 is playing at Living Legends VII
rdpb196 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rdpb196 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
gorrila glue always works
Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM #8
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadfx7 View Post
I finally got through to Sly Support, I should mention that all sly products are now being supported by the Valken team so going through there customer support first would have saved me some time/frustration.

Valken was very helpful, they asked for a picture and a proof of purchase, and if anyone is curious they recommended Rubber cement for the replacement.

They were also kind enough to send me free set of foam replacement! as soon as the new shipment comes in Monday. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the old glue and tattered foam. Any suggestions?
Idk where you are but theres a product called Goo Gone its epic it will remove glue nicely... depending on the glue(if its like concrete hard then yea a razor) but look into goo gone you could find it at like Home depot Lowes or a dollar store if your lucky. Has other great uses!
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote