Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 PM #1
tyronejk
titular
 
tyronejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
AEG's operated by paintball HPA tank?

Are there any AEG's that run on HPA? I know there's that one sniper, but how about automatics?
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 PM #2
Markdawanton
 
 
Markdawanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
Are there any AEG's that run on HPA? I know there's that one sniper, but how about automatics?
Yea there are
powered Scar-L but it runs through gas like no other
Markdawanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM #3
venvad123
East Coast Army
 
venvad123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: usa
venvad123 is playing at Living Legends V
venvad123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
venvad123 supports Team VICIOUS
venvad123 posts videos on PbNation
venvad123 supports Pev's Paintball
venvad123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have never seen one of these, are these common?
__________________
East Coast Army
venvad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 AM #4
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^
 
HeatedNubbycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
no, there are no AEG's that run on HPA. AEG stands for automatic electric gun. running off HPA is a completely different setup that is nothing like an AEG...

But to answer what your asking:

Polarstar makes an automatic m4 and some variants of it, its the most popular now because of its stellar range and accuracy. essencially its a Marq with an airsoft body. all aspects of its performance are adjustable just like a paintball gun, and its more consistant then any AEG iv ever shot. adjustable rates of fire and fps. they run about $675 i do believe (please correct me if im wrong)?
__________________
SubZero Pump

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 AM #5
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!
 
MangoChutney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LI, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
no, there are no AEG's that run on HPA. AEG stands for automatic electric gun. running off HPA is a completely different setup that is nothing like an AEG...

But to answer what your asking:

Polarstar makes an automatic m4 and some variants of it, its the most popular now because of its stellar range and accuracy. essencially its a Marq with an airsoft body. all aspects of its performance are adjustable just like a paintball gun, and its more consistant then any AEG iv ever shot. adjustable rates of fire and fps. they run about $675 i do believe (please correct me if im wrong)?
Very correct. Some stores have it for $625 for just the gun. Then you'd need a remote line with regulator and tank. If you decide to do a Polarstar I'd recommend the PR15 (Polarstars M4) for simplicity as well as versatility. You can swap uppers and air nozzles to suit your needs. Longer barrel/higher nozzle for a DMR, or short barrel and low nozzle for CQB.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM #6
tyronejk
titular
 
tyronejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Nice gun. I'll look more into it. Thanks Nubbycake and Mango.
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM #7
golfingpyro
BOOM HEADSHOT!
 
golfingpyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 585
golfingpyro plays in the PSP
golfingpyro supports Team VICIOUS
golfingpyro is for the Gunfight
golfingpyro supports DLX Technology
also pipers precision products make a minigun the runs off of a 5lb co2 bottle and pumps out 50bps. but then again its $5k
__________________
EMPIRE STATE MANIACAL #20 R&M 2011 2nd place
MURDER MACHINE #20 PSP PUMP 2012 3rd place
ROCHESTER RUTHLESS #12 USPA 2012 3rd place
golfingpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:37 PM #8
ElPanda
CAD/CAM
 
ElPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
as you gentlemen have stated, the polarstar fusion engine is a replacement gearbox for Ver. 2 AEG's (M4 etc.),

it is electropneumatically driven similar to most high end paintball markers, this enables the user to have complete control over many of the aspects of the firing cycle, IE rate of fire, dwell, blah blah blah

check out our youtube channel for some neat testing videos

we tend to generate alot of skepticism/criticism from the old school airsoft players, however the best thing you can do is go to an event and try our system out for yourself, be your own judge

The system is priced according to development costs as well as the fact that this is a HIGH END airsoft system (this is not plastic, it is precision machined CNC aircraft grade aluminum) also important to note is that the fusion engine was entirely designed in, and will always be produced in, the United States of America, specifically Newark, Delaware

if you guys have any questions feel free to pm me
__________________

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:43 PM #9
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^
 
HeatedNubbycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
as you gentlemen have stated, the polarstar fusion engine is a replacement gearbox for Ver. 2 AEG's (M4 etc.),

it is electropneumatically driven similar to most high end paintball markers, this enables the user to have complete control over many of the aspects of the firing cycle, IE rate of fire, dwell, blah blah blah

check out our youtube channel for some neat testing videos

we tend to generate alot of skepticism/criticism from the old school airsoft players, however the best thing you can do is go to an event and try our system out for yourself, be your own judge

The system is priced according to development costs as well as the fact that this is a HIGH END airsoft system (this is not plastic, it is precision machined CNC aircraft grade aluminum) also important to note is that the fusion engine was entirely designed in, and will always be produced in, the United States of America, specifically Newark, Delaware

if you guys have any questions feel free to pm me
Im not sure where your getting your statistics from, but the 5 fields that i play at, all the players LOVE the Polarstar guns. and quite frankly, they do shoot fantastic, i just cant get used to the remote line.
__________________
SubZero Pump

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM #10
ElPanda
CAD/CAM
 
ElPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
mostly from the telephone tough guys on the internet, actual players on the field love our rig to death
__________________

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM #11
Markdawanton
 
 
Markdawanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta
NVRM Yea I was wrong but look up POLARSTAR or P* they are one of the primary gun makers for those hpa sort of guns pretty cool just a paintball gun that shoots bbs lol
Everything on it is completely adjustable haha
Markdawanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump