PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM #1
eninn (Banned)

Happy Eid

Each year, Islamic and Arab nation well

And Muslims all over the world to the health and happiness

Eid-Al-Fitr is one of the major holidays of Islam. It comes at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and celebrates the end of the fasting. The holiday comes on the first day of the 10th month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

Because the month of Ramadan is all about fasting, Eid-Al-Fitr is all about NOT fasting. During Ramadan, Muslims have not eaten while the Sun is in the sky. On Eid-Al-Fitr, they celebrate the end of Ramadan with a sweet snack and then get ready for a day of celebration.

On this day, Muslims are encouraged to dress in their best clothes and attend a special Eid prayer at their neighborhood mosque. Before the prayer begins, Muslims make an alms payment (the Zakat al Fitr) Corner of the five pillars of Islam
Such as prayer and fasting
Take money from the rich and the poor are given
Thereby achieving social solidarity in Islam

for the month of Ramadan, in the form of food or its cash equivalent. This food and / or money is then distributed to the poor. After the special religious service, the focus turns to gift-giving. Children are given many gifts. Women get gifts from their loved ones. Also on this day, people are encouraged to settle feuds or disputes, especially those between family members.

Eid Al-Fitr means "Feast of Fast-Breaking." It is often celebrated during three days, with the first day marking the end of Ramadan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArYE...=results_video
eninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM #2
LOL Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by eninn View Post

Take money from the rich and the poor are given
Thereby achieving social solidarity in Islam

[/url]
I'm relatively interested in Islam. I read a few surah's of the Quran in English and I like a few of the ideals it teaches, but **** that part.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 AM #3
eninn (Banned)

From a study of the Holy Quran and Traditions of the Holy Prophet, it transpires that there are three objectives of Zakat (poor-due). One is basic and specific and the other two are secondary and collective.
The basic and essential objective of Zakat is purification of the soul. It cures the lust for wealth, infuses the feat Allah in mans heart and makes one amenable to good deeds. The Holy Quran says: And away from it (Hell) shall be kept the most pious one, who gives away his wealth in order to purify himself. (XCIL :17-18)
On another occasion Allah addresses and exhorts the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) in these words: Take alms of their wealth, wherewith you may cleanse and purify them. (9: 103)
These verses make the real importance of Zakat quite clear: it aims to emancipate the heart from temporal preoccupations and purifies the soul.
It is an acknowledged fact that the love of material things is the real enemy of prayer. It turns a man away from Allah and the After-life. The Holy Prophet once said: The root of all evil is the love of worldly things. (Mishkat)
Although temporal love includes many things the most powerful and dangerous of all is the love of material wealth. The Holy Prophet has, therefore, regarded it as the greatest of all evils for the Muslims: The trial for my Ummah is wealth. (Tirmidhi)
If a Muslim can save himself from the lure of wealth, he will be able to protect himself from many other vices.
Because of its basic aim and purpose, poor-due is known as zakat in Islam. Literally it means both purification and growth. To give a portion of ones income to the needy for the pleasure of Allah is called Zakat because it purifies the soul. It must, however, be remembered that the aim of zakat is achieved only when its payment is motivated by sincere desire and practical effort. The pleasure of Allah should be the first and foremost consideration while paying Zakat. It must be free from every other motive.
Zakat should be paid out of the income earned only by fair and honest means. Whatever is paid should be respectable. If cheap and worthless stuff is given in zakat it will go in vain. It will be no better than a hypocritical gesture.
Zakats beneficiary should neither be made to feel grateful for it, nor should his feelings and self-respect be hurt. Otherwise, Zakat will cease to have any meaning.
One secondary objective of the poor-due is to provide basic necessities to poor Muslims. The Holy Prophet said: Verily Allah has ordained the payment of Zakat on them (Muslims). It will be taken from the rich and returned to the poor. (Muslim)
These Traditions make it quite obvious that there is also a social and economic aspect of the poor-due without which its Islamic concept remains incomplete.
The other secondary objective of Zakat is the help and support of Islam. While giving the details of the beneficiaries of Zakat the Holy Quran says: The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and for those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors and for the cause of Allah, and for the wayfarers. (9:60)
The words the cause of Allah denote the struggle waged for Islam, particularly for meeting the requirements of Jihad.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 AM #4
eninn (Banned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Uzc...layer_embedded
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM #5
LOL Renegade

Quote:
From a study of the Holy Quran and Traditions of the Holy Prophet, it transpires that there are three objectives of Zakat (poor-due). One is basic and specific and the other two are secondary and collective.
The basic and essential objective of Zakat is purification of the soul. It cures the lust for wealth, infuses the feat Allah in mans heart and makes one amenable to good deeds. The Holy Quran says: And away from it (Hell) shall be kept the most pious one, who gives away his wealth in order to purify himself. (XCIL :17-18)
On another occasion Allah addresses and exhorts the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) in these words: Take alms of their wealth, wherewith you may cleanse and purify them. (9: 103)
These verses make the real importance of Zakat quite clear: it aims to emancipate the heart from temporal preoccupations and purifies the soul.
It is an acknowledged fact that the love of material things is the real enemy of prayer. It turns a man away from Allah and the After-life. The Holy Prophet once said: The root of all evil is the love of worldly things. (Mishkat)
Although temporal love includes many things the most powerful and dangerous of all is the love of material wealth. The Holy Prophet has, therefore, regarded it as the greatest of all evils for the Muslims: The trial for my Ummah is wealth. (Tirmidhi)
If a Muslim can save himself from the lure of wealth, he will be able to protect himself from many other vices.
Because of its basic aim and purpose, poor-due is known as zakat in Islam. Literally it means both purification and growth. To give a portion of ones income to the needy for the pleasure of Allah is called Zakat because it purifies the soul. It must, however, be remembered that the aim of zakat is achieved only when its payment is motivated by sincere desire and practical effort. The pleasure of Allah should be the first and foremost consideration while paying Zakat. It must be free from every other motive.
Zakat should be paid out of the income earned only by fair and honest means. Whatever is paid should be respectable. If cheap and worthless stuff is given in zakat it will go in vain. It will be no better than a hypocritical gesture.
Zakats beneficiary should neither be made to feel grateful for it, nor should his feelings and self-respect be hurt. Otherwise, Zakat will cease to have any meaning.
One secondary objective of the poor-due is to provide basic necessities to poor Muslims. The Holy Prophet said: Verily Allah has ordained the payment of Zakat on them (Muslims). It will be taken from the rich and returned to the poor. (Muslim)
These Traditions make it quite obvious that there is also a social and economic aspect of the poor-due without which its Islamic concept remains incomplete.
The other secondary objective of Zakat is the help and support of Islam. While giving the details of the beneficiaries of Zakat the Holy Quran says: The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and for those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors and for the cause of Allah, and for the wayfarers. (9:60)
The words the cause of Allah denote the struggle waged for Islam, particularly for meeting the requirements of Jihad.
I do not see why we should not be as cruel as the nature that God himself created.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 PM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Why does Allah need his follows to redistribute wealth? Is the all powerful Allah not very good at handling money?
Plus, it seems the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and giving them a few gifts once a year isn't going to feed a poor family. Other than clearing the conscience of the rich the Zakat is worthless to society as a whole.

Also, let me guess: only other Muslims can(or will) receive the gifts.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:36 AM #7
anami

Happy Eid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7uj-yFpC0
anami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:48 PM #8
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Islam doesn't force any re-distribution of wealth, but it does command giving zakat, which is charity/alms-giving. It is only required from able people who have sufficient income, generally considered to be 2.5% of ones income. Zakat, which means "that which purifies" in Arabic, is essentially a 2.5% welfare tax that the Muslim state/institutions distribute. (if you want to look at it in civil terms).

There is no punishment in Islam for not paying Zakat, and no Muslim can be forced to pay Zakat. The Qur'an states that Allah loves those who give from what they were blessed with to help others, and a Muslim is expected only to give Zakat for his own love of God/humanity.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 AM #9
anami

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, “(On the Day of Resurrection) camels will come to their owner in the best state of health they have ever had (in the world), and if he had not paid their Zakat (in the world) then they would tread him with their feet; and similarly, sheep will come to their owner in the best state of health they have ever had in the world, and if he had not paid their Zakat, then they would tread him with their hooves and would butt him with their horns.” The Prophet added, “One of their rights is that they should be milked while water is kept in front of them.” The Prophet added, “I do not want anyone of you to come to me on the Day of Resurrection, carrying over his neck a sheep that will be bleating. Such a person will (then) say, ‘O Muhammad! (please intercede for me,) I will say to him. ‘I can’t help you, for I conveyed Allah’s Message to you.’ Similarly, I do not want anyone of you to come to me carrying over his neck a camel that will be grunting. Such a person (then) will say “O Muhammad! (please intercede for me).” I will say to him, “I can’t help you for I conveyed Allah’s message to you.”

Volume 2, Book 24, Number 486:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever is made wealthy by Allah and does not pay the Zakat of his wealth, then on the Day of Resurrection his wealth will be made like a bald-headed poisonous male snake with two black spots over the eyes. The snake will encircle his neck and bite his cheeks and say, ‘I am your wealth, I am your treasure.’ ” Then the Prophet recited the holy verses:– ‘Let not those who withhold . . .’ (to the end of the verse). (3.180).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmQhIdwMSmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCkWi0Kv6U
anami is offline   Reply With Quote