Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM #1
Sugar&Spice&Paint

CF barrel system for the FX??

I'm considering a carbon fiber barrel for my Fusion FX and am just looking for feedback on the best setup. Leaning towards a Deadlywinds + Freak, but I don't know if I want a 1-pc or 2-pc system. And these may be stupid questions... but will a Deadlywinds Whip Tip attach to the FX stock barrel back, and can you use Freak inserts in the stock barrel back?
Sugar&Spice&Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM #2
Ts^Killah Cam

Ts^Killah Cam supports Team VICIOUS
Ts^Killah Cam posts videos on PbNation
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ts^Killah Cam has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar&Spice&Paint
I'm considering a carbon fiber barrel for my Fusion FX and am just looking for feedback on the best setup. Leaning towards a Deadlywinds + Freak, but I don't know if I want a 1-pc or 2-pc system. And these may be stupid questions... but will a Deadlywinds Whip Tip attach to the FX stock barrel back, and can you use Freak inserts in the stock barrel back?
Go with a sly tip and a techt ifit back set. Or the empire superfreak
2012 2nd place Uwl Nebraska
2011 3rd place UWL Finals Chicago
2009 SPPL Champions and Series Champs

Dangerous power, APE, Coca Cola, Monster Energy, Kee Action Sports, Empire Paintball, RPS, Aysmbol Gallery, Techt
Ts^Killah Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM #3
Sugar&Spice&Paint

Thanks. I was also considering a Sly too, but I thought I would have to buy a different back for each ball size. I will definitely check out the Techt back set. I also looked at the Superfreak kit, but I don't need the extra aluminum barrel or Apex2.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM #4
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If your looking into the TechT Ifit kit you should just get a Sly Dual Carbon Classic kit as it comes with about the same size control bore and has a decent range of bore sizes. If you want something with a bit longer control bore you could also consider the Sly Pro-Merc Diesel kit. Its a bit more expensive, especially for the small bore exspansion kit but is a nicer barrel IMO. I have had both Sly kits and was/am impressed.

Also, I dont think freak insert design barrels shoot through breaks as well as a one or two piece barrel. Just my 2 cents.
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM #5
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar&Spice&Paint View Post
... but will a Deadlywinds Whip Tip attach to the FX stock barrel back, and can you use Freak inserts in the stock barrel back?
The answers to these questions ^^^ are no and possibly. I am not aware of any aftermarket barrels out that have threading that is compatible with the Dangerous Power barrels. I can say for sure that the Sly Pro-Merc classic and REDZ Pepper Stick barrels DO NOT fit the DP barrel tips. The Hostile Rogue barrels DO fit the DP tips and the Odyssey barrels MIGHT fit the DP tips.

As for the Freak inserts, you could use them in your stock back but you would first need to have your stock back bored out to fit the freak inserts. I believe there are a couple of PBN members that can do this for you for around $30-$40 (if I remember correctly).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM #6
Sugar&Spice&Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carton View Post
Also, I dont think freak insert design barrels shoot through breaks as well as a one or two piece barrel.
But what about the fact that you can get stainless steel inserts from Freak? Aren't the stainless steel a lot better than the aluminum?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar&Spice&Paint View Post
But what about the fact that you can get stainless steel inserts from Freak? Aren't the stainless steel a lot better than the aluminum?
The SS inserts are better than the Al because they are stronger and don't bend, dent, get crushed out of round as easily as the AL ones. It is how they fit in the barrel back that makes them not able to shoot through breaks as efficiently as other barrels.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 AM #8
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would get the freak kit its awesome shoots ropes I have it on my G4
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote