Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM #1
Majestic LL4MA

Angry DP G4 Not Cycling!!

I have a Dp G4 all stock. I fixed the out of the box bolt stick. I usually play at normal fields. But I have found an indoor place that uses only reballs. and because they use reballs, they made the max fps 220. When im playing at that speed, it will work for maybe 1000 balls, but after that, the bolt will not cycle back to the back position. To fix this temporarily, i take my hopper off and dry fire with eyes off once or twice and then it's back to normal. However, after maybe 10 more balls, it will do the same thing. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my marker, or if it is because of the low velocity. Please help!
Majestic LL4MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM #2

You may have to turn up your dwell to compensate for the lower pressure the solenoid/bolt is receiving. However, since your problem is the bolt not returning (rather than firing), it may have something to do with the orings or lube you're using. Or it could be G4s are not intended to play at that low of velocity.

Have you played at normal velocity since?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM #3
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8765 View Post
You may have to turn up your dwell to compensate for the lower pressure the solenoid/bolt is receiving. However, since your problem is the bolt not returning (rather than firing), it may have something to do with the orings or lube you're using. Or it could be G4s are not intended to play at that low of velocity.

you may be right. all he needs is lube. when you use reball. you are rubbing rubber on rubber so there for when the bolt hits the front breech oring and its dry, it get stuck and cause not to cycle.

to the OP, lube your marker before you start your day of play and see if it would help. i test all my spec r's with reballs and never had the issue but then again i never use it to play and fire more than 100 rounds, so i cant relate. all i can think off is the reballs are cleaning all the lube of your oring. you can also lower dwell instead of your HPR, but not too low. i think the lowest i ever had with little consistent velocity is 8.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM #4
Majestic LL4MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8765 View Post

I have played at normal velocity since that, and no problems. I also reset everything to factory default settings. Next time I play there, I'll see if the problem is fixed.
Majestic LL4MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 PM #5
Egos4flifeguy
- FISH - FISH - FISH -

Egos4flifeguy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy supports DLX Technology
Raise your dwell a couple of milla seconds, and then try, then report back to us.
Egos4flifeguy's Gearbag Sale
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Blue/Black I4s!
Egos4flifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote