Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM #1
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
MWXL #5 Feedback Thread!

On behalf of myself, Chicago Aftershock & the entire MWXL staff... I would like to say THANK YOU to all of this years participating fields (The Badlandz Paintball Field, The Proving Grounds & The Paintball Plex) and their staff for all their hard work and for giving us a place to hold these events, which turned out to be jammed packed full of exciting paintball!

More importantly, I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of the teams who came out event after event to support us and to all the new teams that found there way to the series as the year progressed

We realize you have options as to where you spend your money on playing local events and we apprecite you choosing The MWXL.... Because without you, none of this would be possible!

So one more time... Let's get some of that GREAT feedback to carry us over into 2013!!!
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2012, 11:20 AM #2
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
I want to say, BIG SHOTS out to Chicago Aftershock for a job well done yesterday! Not only were complaints very minimal, we started and hour and half late but, because of the smooth running of the field, we were able to get back on schedule. We were suppose to be done by 5:30PM and the last match ended at 5:35!!!
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 PM #3
Ramprat1972
CO-OWNER FIELD OF DREAMS
 
Ramprat1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Annual Supporting Member
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ramprat1972 supports Team VICIOUS
Ramprat1972 is for the Gunfight
Ramprat1972 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ramprat1972 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Although unable to finish the 2012 MWXL season, DOOM ON YOU had a great time at the first 3 events. Thanks to BB, refs, and the fields for providing paintballers like us a venue to play at.
__________________
FIELD OF DREAMS PAINTBALL FIELD! http://www.fieldofdreamspaintball.com
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
[size="6"][color="Blue"]FIELD OF DREAMS (317) 605-5159, [color="Black"] VALKEN
Ramprat1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 PM #4
falz-
 
 
falz-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Had a blast, only comment would be that the netting was not high enough in the staging area before entering the pits. On more than one occasion people were getting hit walking in/out of the pits with masks off.
falz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM #5
tvrsir
Khanh
 
tvrsir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA Pro division
__________________
Chicago Wiseguys!
Goose69!
tvrsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM #6
sp_dynasty
boom boom skeet skeet
 
sp_dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: *815*
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sp_dynasty supports Empire
sp_dynasty is All In
sp_dynasty is All In
I think every event this season has gotten better. You have taken all the feedback in a positive way and improved on things. Like posted above, the nets were a bit low on the D side as I saw a few people get hit without goggles on. I think once the new pits are completed everything will be good let's keep this awesome series going on get d3 going next year!
__________________
sp_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 PM #7
paintballinz
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
whens the next practice and where at?
paintballinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM #8
Chris58G
 
 
Chris58G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Chris58G plays in the PSP
Chris58G plays in the APPA D2 division
Chris58G supports Empire
Chris58G is All In
Really had a great time this year playing the Mwxl series, and I was really impressed with this years improvements. It was really nice for everyone to leave feedback and the Mwxl make changes really quick to satisfy and improve the series. Overall had a great time playing the Mwxl series.
__________________
Follow Team BOOM on Facebook
| Empire Paintball | Blast Camp |
Chris58G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM #9
nookshooks (Banned)
Nick S
 
nookshooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MidWest
nookshooks plays in the PSP
nookshooks owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nookshooks supports Team VICIOUS
Great event to end it can't wait for 2013
nookshooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM #10
preder_10
 
 
preder_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 920
preder_10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
preder_10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great season overall, only complaint I had with this event was a team not being DQ'd for pink/red paint being used. I don't care if it was only one pod it was clearly stated at start of season and at the captins meeting it was NOT ALLOWED. Others teams were DQ'd earlier in the season and in my eyes favoritism was showen to that team. Also to the player "you know who you are" wippeing on d side corner in front of all the pits not only gives you a bad name but your whole team. 3 teams in the pits all saw it and where disgusted by your actions and we all consider you a blatant cheater. Thank you to Big Black, Renik and staff for another great season.
preder_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM #11
srt4_paintballa
Dufour
 
srt4_paintballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheboygan WI
srt4_paintballa plays in the PSP
srt4_paintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
srt4_paintballa supports Empire
srt4_paintballa is All In
On behalf of Incognito, I would like to thank everyone in association with MWXL. Big thanks to BB for making this happen smoothly. And another big thank u to aftershock and badlandz!

I hope that there is MWXL d3 next year cause right now the MWXL is the only real midwest series. We will have 1 line d3 and 1, possibly 2 lines d4 next season. So i really hope we can have a d3 next season!!

But overall we were very pleased with the way it ran this season! Incognito will be back next year forsure!

Thanks!
__________________
srt4_paintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 PM #12
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by preder_10 View Post
Great season overall, only complaint I had with this event was a team not being DQ'd for pink/red paint being used. I don't care if it was only one pod it was clearly stated at start of season and at the captins meeting it was NOT ALLOWED. Others teams were DQ'd earlier in the season and in my eyes favoritism was showen to that team. Also to the player "you know who you are" wippeing on d side corner in front of all the pits not only gives you a bad name but your whole team. 3 teams in the pits all saw it and where disgusted by your actions and we all consider you a blatant cheater. Thank you to Big Black, Renik and staff for another great season.
That was my team that got DQed last event for it, and I was the one who got hit with that pink paint on sunday and discovered it...(yes i know very ironic). I agree with the call on not DQing them. It was the 1st point of the day and it was an accident. Now if they had continued to play with it all day like my team did all tournament last event, then I could see a DQ. Not to mention there is no defined "rule" or penalty for the paint and what to do in each specific situation.

And people cheat in tournaments, GET OVER IT. At practice when there is no reason to cheat i can see your point, but in a tournament/game athletes cheat to win. Get used to it, its paintball.

FEEDBACK FOR MWXL.
-Please get netting for the pit tents, i know many people got hit by random balls, and a project mayhem guy got hit an inch below the eye.
-I like the netting going all the way down on the snake side.
-I like the opening to the pits so we no longer had to walk across a live field to get to the pits
-The match style race to 2 was AMAZING
-Please have the refs do some sort of ref clinic mainly just for reffing mechanics. They usually made the right calls, my only complaint was they were late on calling people out, and it was because many refs werent standing in the right spot on the field to be able to see hits and get people out the moment it happened so calls were delayed. I was surprised to see the refs by the end of the day no longer reffing from the back line, and must of got sick of getting hit a moved over to the side line.
-Air was great every event
-bunkers were nice and somewhat clean
-Jansen is really loud
-Great job for MWXl being able to change things on the fly like the coaching situations for 2 fields during event #3.
-Tables in the pits are super strong and actually better than PSP tents
-Get a score board from the PSP.
-Get our season points to count towards PSP world rankings like other leagues are doing.
-Super happy MWXL is pulling in 15-20 teams a tournament and I think that is larger than any other local series in the MW and the nation probably.
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM #13
SErwin
thirteen23
 
SErwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NWI/Chicago
SErwin plays in the PSP
SErwin plays in the APPA D3 division
SErwin is All In
SErwin is All In
I had a blast all season. Huge props to badlandz for all the field improvements year round. Huge shout out for all the teams that kept coming out all year. Big thanks to Shock, Bruno, Ren, Jansen, Chris Loh, and everyone else involved.

Super excited for D3 next year.
__________________
Follow Team BOOM on Facebook
| Empire Paintball | BlastCamp |
SErwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM #14
JP#14
F.D.A #1
 
JP#14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chi Town baby
JP#14 supports Pev's Paintball
JP#14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
That was my team that got DQed last event for it, and I was the one who got hit with that pink paint on sunday and discovered it...(yes i know very ironic). I agree with the call on not DQing them. It was the 1st point of the day and it was an accident. Now if they had continued to play with it all day like my team did all tournament last event, then I could see a DQ. Not to mention there is no defined "rule" or penalty for the paint and what to do in each specific situation.

And people cheat in tournaments, GET OVER IT. At practice when there is no reason to cheat i can see your point, but in a tournament/game athletes cheat to win. Get used to it, its paintball.FEEDBACK FOR MWXL.
-Please get netting for the pit tents, i know many people got hit by random balls, and a project mayhem guy got hit an inch below the eye.
-I like the netting going all the way down on the snake side.
-I like the opening to the pits so we no longer had to walk across a live field to get to the pits
-The match style race to 2 was AMAZING
-Please have the refs do some sort of ref clinic mainly just for reffing mechanics. They usually made the right calls, my only complaint was they were late on calling people out, and it was because many refs werent standing in the right spot on the field to be able to see hits and get people out the moment it happened so calls were delayed. I was surprised to see the refs by the end of the day no longer reffing from the back line, and must of got sick of getting hit a moved over to the side line.
-Air was great every event
-bunkers were nice and somewhat clean
-Jansen is really loud
-Great job for MWXl being able to change things on the fly like the coaching situations for 2 fields during event #3.
-Tables in the pits are super strong and actually better than PSP tents
-Get a score board from the PSP.
-Get our season points to count towards PSP world rankings like other leagues are doing.
-Super happy MWXL is pulling in 15-20 teams a tournament and I think that is larger than any other local series in the MW and the nation probably.
I was going to chime in on that, but not worth it. Penalties need to be more strict on them thats all.

Put a rope up or something at the fifty for coaches so there are no complaints.

Is it possible to get 2 fields going ???

Otherwise it ran very VERY well.
JP#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 PM #15
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP#14 View Post
I was going to chime in on that, but not worth it. Penalties need to be more strict on them thats all.

Put a rope up or something at the fifty for coaches so there are no complaints.

Is it possible to get 2 fields going ???

Otherwise it ran very VERY well.
You saying shoot the coaches? Or shoot the player at the 50 so coaches cant complain?
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 PM #16
thechad3360
Da Coach
 
thechad3360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobart,IN
thechad3360 plays in the PSP
thechad3360 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ran very well. The best event of the season. Let's face it, the shot at going to to Cup was played out in the finals between the top two teams of the series at the final event, now that's awesome!

Two fields however would be nice for next season if the MWXL continues to pull 15-20+ teams for D4. I'll do my best to bring 4 lines at every event but no promises.
__________________
Chi-Town Fury
Special thanks to our 2014 sponsors:
GI Sportz | Badlandz |CC Paintball
Virtue Paintball
|PBX |BBT|
thechad3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 AM #17
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK
 
jacapbinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by preder_10 View Post
Great season overall, only complaint I had with this event was a team not being DQ'd for pink/red paint being used. I don't care if it was only one pod it was clearly stated at start of season and at the captins meeting it was NOT ALLOWED. Others teams were DQ'd earlier in the season and in my eyes favoritism was showen to that team. Also to the player "you know who you are" wippeing on d side corner in front of all the pits not only gives you a bad name but your whole team. 3 teams in the pits all saw it and where disgusted by your actions and we all consider you a blatant cheater. Thank you to Big Black, Renik and staff for another great season.
I don't usally do this but...

Are you ****ing kidding me? Don't ever challage my character, because that's exactly what you are doing when you say **** like this "Others teams were DQ'd earlier in the season and in my eyes favoritism was showen to that team."! Also, get your facts right before you run your ****ing mouth!!!!

Only one team was ever DQ'ed for the no Pink/Red fill. More importantly, they actually DQ'ed themselves. Why? Because I gave them the opportunity to get new paint and be back in time to play their match. They opt not too being they were having a bad event, it was their last match and they didn't want to buy more paint! It was a ****ing accident, get over it!!! I gave them a chance just like I gave the other team! Just like I would you!!!

So the next time you (WHOEVER THE **** YOU ARE) feel like taking another crack at my character... Lace up yo boots and pack a ****ing lunch!

Rant Over...(sorry everyone)
__________________
Janssen "Big Black" Spain
Midwest Arson, The H.N.I.C
MWXL, Event Cord.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM #18
McDoogle6969
SS
 
McDoogle6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wisconsin
McDoogle6969 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
McDoogle6969 is for the Gunfight
McDoogle6969 is for the Gunfight
McDoogle6969 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
That was my team that got DQed last event for it, and I was the one who got hit with that pink paint on sunday and discovered it...(yes i know very ironic). I agree with the call on not DQing them. It was the 1st point of the day and it was an accident. Now if they had continued to play with it all day like my team did all tournament last event, then I could see a DQ. Not to mention there is no defined "rule" or penalty for the paint and what to do in each specific situation.

And people cheat in tournaments, GET OVER IT. At practice when there is no reason to cheat i can see your point, but in a tournament/game athletes cheat to win. Get used to it, its paintball.

FEEDBACK FOR MWXL.
-Please get netting for the pit tents, i know many people got hit by random balls, and a project mayhem guy got hit an inch below the eye.
-I like the netting going all the way down on the snake side.
-I like the opening to the pits so we no longer had to walk across a live field to get to the pits
-The match style race to 2 was AMAZING
-Please have the refs do some sort of ref clinic mainly just for reffing mechanics. They usually made the right calls, my only complaint was they were late on calling people out, and it was because many refs werent standing in the right spot on the field to be able to see hits and get people out the moment it happened so calls were delayed. I was surprised to see the refs by the end of the day no longer reffing from the back line, and must of got sick of getting hit a moved over to the side line.
-Air was great every event
-bunkers were nice and somewhat clean
-Jansen is really loud
-Great job for MWXl being able to change things on the fly like the coaching situations for 2 fields during event #3.
-Tables in the pits are super strong and actually better than PSP tents
-Get a score board from the PSP.
-Get our season points to count towards PSP world rankings like other leagues are doing.
-Super happy MWXL is pulling in 15-20 teams a tournament and I think that is larger than any other local series in the MW and the nation probably.
Sore losers cheat to win*

Anyways, event number 5 was my first time playing the league and I had a blast! I would definitely be back again!
__________________
INCOGNITO - WHO DAT
McDoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM #19
Gbxdillon
Who Gone Stop Me
 
Gbxdillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago
Gbxdillon plays in the PSP
Gbxdillon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gbxdillon plays in the APPA D3 division
Gbxdillon is Legendary
Gbxdillon supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by preder_10 View Post
Great season overall, only complaint I had with this event was a team not being DQ'd for pink/red paint being used. I don't care if it was only one pod it was clearly stated at start of season and at the captins meeting it was NOT ALLOWED. Others teams were DQ'd earlier in the season and in my eyes favoritism was showen to that team. Also to the player "you know who you are" wippeing on d side corner in front of all the pits not only gives you a bad name but your whole team. 3 teams in the pits all saw it and where disgusted by your actions and we all consider you a blatant cheater. Thank you to Big Black, Renik and staff for another great season.
If you aint cheatin you aint tryin!
Gbxdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 AM #20
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDoogle6969 View Post
Sore losers cheat to win*

Anyways, event number 5 was my first time playing the league and I had a blast! I would definitely be back again!
Sore losers complain about other people cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbxdillon View Post
If you aint cheatin you aint tryin!
words my coach taught me in wrestling.
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 AM #21
JP#14
F.D.A #1
 
JP#14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chi Town baby
JP#14 supports Pev's Paintball
JP#14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
You saying shoot the coaches? Or shoot the player at the 50 so coaches cant complain?
No, coaches were passing the 50 to the opposite side which is very easily done because your mind is focused on the game. People started putting empty water bottles down to mark the 50 outside the netting for the coaches. Otherwise they were going to start issuing majors.
JP#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump