PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM #1
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Drone DX leaking air down the barrel

I've changed out the .014 O ring twice that sits on the "valve" so I don't believe it is that oring that is the problem, what else could it be?
NargofWoV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 AM #2
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Change the two bolt switch orings they are 016 buna. Also make sure you still have the 15x1 bumper oring on the bolt aswell.

If these do not fix the leak change out the front keg inner oring 017 buna.

This should take care of any issues with down the barrel leaks

Eric
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:43 PM #3
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

The only O ring I don't have and couldn't change out was that 15 x 1... Still leaking, rebuild kit is on its way...
Old 09-07-2012, 01:51 PM #4
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
push the bolt in covering the hole on the front. you should feel the valve oring seal. if it pushes right in with no resistance the leak is past the valve oring

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:54 PM #5
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

I feel a resistance, but can still push the head of the bolt in without too much effort, but a resistance is still there. As I push the bolt in with my thumb covering the front hole, I can feel the pressure against my thumb, but it will still press in without much resistance. I took the bolt out and fiddled with just it and the valve seal, the valve seal is definitely sealing, definite pressure within the bolt.

Which must mean it is one of the three outers, the 016's and the 017 that are the culprits. Does that little 15x 1 actually seal anything or is it just a bump stop?

Last edited by NargofWoV : 09-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:10 PM #6
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

15x1 is just a bumper.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 AM #7
Darrin79

I had the exact same problem. Check the 15x1 ring. Mine shredded got jammed up in the keg. I've been going through this one fairly frequently. Anyone know if it would be ok to use a regular 15 instead?
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM #8
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

No you can not use a standard 015. You have to use a 15x1, I'm sure you can see the difference between the two.

What may be happening is you are over pressured in the HPR and slamming the bolt forward to hard at the end of the stroke causing the oring to break.
I would reset the reg pressure and make small adjustments when raising the velocity till you just hit FPS. Also make sure you are running stock dwell or even 1ms below stock. When running a higher dwell you are forcing the end stroke to max out which can cause your problem with spreading the bumper.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 AM #9
Darrin79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
No you can not use a standard 015. You have to use a 15x1, I'm sure you can see the difference between the two.

What may be happening is you are over pressured in the HPR and slamming the bolt forward to hard at the end of the stroke causing the oring to break.
I would reset the reg pressure and make small adjustments when raising the velocity till you just hit FPS. Also make sure you are running stock dwell or even 1ms below stock. When running a higher dwell you are forcing the end stroke to max out which can cause your problem with spreading the bumper.
Yes the difference is obvious. Running @100 psi 6ms dwell
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 AM #10
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

Ended up being the front sub plate o ring. Not sure why it decided to leak "down the barrel", but glad the problem was solved and shame on me for not swapping out every stinking oring on the marker.

Thanks shootnpoo for the fix.