Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 PM #1
maqeel1

I want to paint spray my paintball gun

I have a US Alpha black, its painted a camo style. I want it to be a flat all black. Any recommendations on paintspray, any advice and i dont want it to be sticky. Thanks
maqeel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 AM #2
THE Biscuit

THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You might want to post this in the voided warranty section.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:45 PM #3
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Dont do it, advice over.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:32 AM #4
PhillyDipper
Killadelphia

Annual Supporting Member
PhillyDipper plays in the APPA D5 division
plasti dip.. rubberized sprayable paint. that can be pealed off. Let me know i currently spray whole vehicles with it.

Currently shooting a Luxe
PhillyDipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM #5
C_losjoker

Why not just trade for a black one.
C_losjoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:57 PM #6
splatthetick

I used an auto wrap on my pistols...can be taken off and back to stock if need be! Do NOT paint it!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 PM #7
ShadowStrike

Don't be afraid to paint!

I've painted plenty of 98s and A-5s with great results. I've always used Krylon primer, paint, and clear, but if going for a flat look spray can truck bed liner works great and is more durable. See my latest paint job here.

Remember, the more time you take, the better your results will be! Use extremely light coats from all four sides; you should be able to see the previous coat through the one you just laid! Keep the can moving consistently so paint is not built up in one spot!

This is how I do mine. Loosely follow this. Feel free to add coats of you're coverage isn't what you want. Remember, 10 light coats are better than 2 heavy ones!

1. Disassemble and sand down stock finish on receivers with 150-200 grit sand paper. Make sure you hit all surfaces you'll be painting. Clean dust up.

2. Hit with a light coat of primer. Wait 20 minutes. Hit with another coat of primer. Wait 20 minutes, lightly sand with 300-320 grit. Clean off dust.

3. Hit with a light coat of paint. Wait 20. Light coat. Wait 20. Lightly sand with 400-420 grit. Clean. Hit with a light final coat. Wait 20 min.

4. Hit with light coat of clear (gloss, semi, or flat). Wait 20 minutes. Hit with final coat of clear.

5. Bake all metal parts at 200* for 60 minutes and then let fully cool. 24-48 hours bake another 30 minutes again at 200*. BAKE ONLY METAL. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BAKE ANS PLASTIC OR RUBBER PARTS.

6. Enjoy your results! (Or sand down and start over)

Last edited by ShadowStrike : 12-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.
ShadowStrike is offline   Reply With Quote