egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends V
egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends VII
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
egocanival17 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
egocanival17 supports DLX Technology
egocanival17 supports Empire
Geo3 vs Clone GT | What to get?!

Hey guys, so I'm saving up for a new gun, and I can't decide what to get. I'm stuck between the Geo3 and the Clone GT.

I've had both the Clone V2 and VX and loved them both, but I've always been a fan of Planet Eclipse. I've shot my friends Geos a number of time and I just can't make up my mind. They've made the Geo more efficient but the Clone is still more efficient and they are both very smooth. The whole macro lone thing doesn't really bother me, but I haven't had a gun w/ out in a while. I just can't make up my mind.

Please vote and post what and why you chose your decision. Thanks guys

Last edited by egocanival17 : 09-02-2012 at 12:27 PM.
egocanival17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:25 PM #2
Manny2
Hi hater!! Gun whore#1

Manny2 is BST Legit
Manny2 supports Team VICIOUS
Manny2 supports DLX Technology
Manny2 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Both are great markers but every one is going for the latest marker. The marker that's in is the geo3 and the gt has lost its value.
The Effiencancy on both are about the same. The screen on the gt is the only thing I didnt like. The geo has it on the back and I'm use to it since I usually run with egos.
But I can just recommend for you to go out to your local field and see if any one has them and just try them.
The gt is great and really easy to work with can't cOmplain about it at all.
But if your saving to get one I would go for a geo3 since new colors are comming up soon.

Both markers are great and well balanced!!
Manny2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 PM #3
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
Based on the selections you likely play competitively in some regard, and if every game counts, reliability would be a prime concern. That is where Planet Eclipse makes a strong case.

I'd be interested to hear from some Clone owners, I'm in the market for something new and haven't seen many of those around.
Iowa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM #4
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
The gt is a very reliable marker. If you are buying a 1,300 marker and cant/dont want to do regular maintenance, then that is nothing that a brand will help you with. The gt is a balanced spool and merits the price tag, the geo is an unbalanced spool. The next best unbalanced spool out is the madcev drone dx, a 500 (ballpark) gun. So the geo takes mediocre technology and does its best with it. If you are looking to spend this much money, in my honest opinion, there is no comparison. The gt has not lost its value either so disregard that. Yes the screen is in a different place but thats not a better or worse thing, it is a preference so make sure that is accounted for as well. Also, if you are buying based on "whats in" then no recommendation will be of any actual value unless we simple describe it as "agg" or not. The gt has a smoother shot, is more efficient, is macro-less, and is quieter. Those are the facts so read some reviews, hold them at your local field and go from there.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:23 PM #5
amvz

amvz owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
amvz plays in the APPA D4 division
amvz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
amvz supports DLX Technology
The first time I picked up and shot a GT I had the biggest smile on my face I've ever had. They are so incredibly smooth. Now I cant say the same for the Geo 3 as I haven't shot one, but the GT is an incredible shooter. It also gets roughly 10 pods. My only complaint is the grips. Not really a fan of plastic grips. IMO get the GT. You won't regret it. I'm just not sold on the Geo 3. It just seems like old technology i.e. still uses an LCD screen, has macro, basically still the same design as the other Geos (with minor changes) which really isn't that great of a design.

Dimension Paintball - Projectpb.com - Shockerrepair.com
amvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 PM #6
egocanival17
Miltown

Annual Supporting Member
egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends V
egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends VII
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
egocanival17 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
egocanival17 supports DLX Technology
egocanival17 supports Empire
I would think the new LCD screen would seem like newer technology. It's bigger and has a better display

Last edited by egocanival17 : 09-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.
egocanival17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM #7
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by egocanival17 View Post
I would think the new LCD screw would seem like newer technology. It's bigger and has a better display
OLED > LCD also read Clone > Geo3. All we can give is opinion on the issue, but my opinion is that there's really not much of a comparison at all. The Clone is smoother, quieter and more efficient.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM #8
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
GEO3...more reliable.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM #9
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
GEO3...more reliable.
Proof? I don't buy it... Maintain your gun and it'll reward you with trouble free operation. If you're lazy/ dumb then you can sacrifice performance and go with a blowforward spool, but even there the much cheaper Drone is a viable contender. Throw a Clone board in it if you need a screen and use the $550 you saved for paint.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM #10
stillfly

has been a member for 10 years
stillfly owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stillfly supports Team VICIOUS
stillfly supports DLX Technology
I have owned both markers. I owned a red camo Clone gt and now the geo3. The clone gt had some issues when they were first released. so naturally mine had those issues. I had to get my solenoid replaced and my asa knob was milled to thin so it would leak. it had to be replaced, had to wait for them to anno one to match my gun. gave me a temporary black one which worked perfect. after all the issues were resolved this gt was an amazing shooting great on air, very consistent over the chrono, reliable (lubed after every other practice). i was impressed but i didn't want to deal with the waiting for parts and stuff like that.Like i said this was when they were first first released now the guns are performing better and really with no issues so much so i am thinking about going back to one. Geo 3, very reliable, great marker feels good in the hands shoots smoother than the geo 2.1 for sure but not sure if its worth the money right now. Plus I had a bit of a run in with the cs over at planet i am not very happy right now. Since i got one of the first geo 3 my gun didn't come with the soft tip bolt. There was a letter in the case that stated contact the Rhode Island store to get it and mail in some paper work. Just out of curiosity i called them last week. Jerry over there had no ideal what i was talking about, and told me to call back in a week cause he had to talk to nicky t. I said okay. however isn't good customer service about getting back to the customer? so shouldn't call me or email me back? Beyond the point, anyway i called back yesterday like he told me to, he was an absolute dick!!! he didn't remember who i was which he probably fields a ton of calls a day, then on top of that he still did not know what i was talking about still hadn't talk to nicky.he told me to call back today in the afternoon. For someone to be a dick like that for a gun i paid 1350 for, come on man for real? i was just trying to get the part that is owed to me that i already paid for. Also in case you did not know pe is now charging $15 at events to look over your marker. I had this happen to my teammates in chicago two years in the row. I think I may end up shaking off this geo 3 and not look at another planet marker at all anymore same thing with my teammates we were very disappointed with the cs over at pe. we got way better service at dlx, bob and macdev. So my opinion get a macdev!!! i am actually probably headed back to dlx because darryl and keith have great service over there and they take care of their customers.
Corey Field Fan #17
Jason Edwards fan #36
Yosh Rau Fan #41
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4036103 empire vanquish
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=40340697 massive gear bag sale
stillfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM #11
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfly View Post
. we got way better service at dlx, bob and macdev. So my opinion get a macdev!!!
Just to add to this, but MacDev has been adding service centers and ShootNPoo is part of that team. Their CS is just getting better!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:01 PM #12
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfly View Post
The clone gt had some issues when they were first released. so naturally mine had those issues.
If anyone is buying a Clone GT, I hope they have issues resolved. We had 3 here local who bought them when they first came out and not one of them worked correctly. One of them has been sent back to MacDev multiple times.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM #13
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Proof? I don't buy it... Maintain your gun and it'll reward you with trouble free operation. If you're lazy/ dumb then you can sacrifice performance and go with a blowforward spool, but even there the much cheaper Drone is a viable contender. Throw a Clone board in it if you need a screen and use the $550 you saved for paint.
Didnt you just say 2 posts before his that its all opinion? Seems like you got a bit bothered there by him saying Geo 3.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 PM #14
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
If anyone is buying a Clone GT, I hope they have issues resolved. We had 3 here local who bought them when they first came out and not one of them worked correctly. One of them has been sent back to MacDev multiple times.
MY GT SHOOTS (.)(.)'S

GEARBAG SALE!!!

2 Luxe 2.0's and a 2k2 dragon FS/FT
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 PM #15
Manny2
Hi hater!! Gun whore#1

Manny2 is BST Legit
Manny2 supports Team VICIOUS
Manny2 supports DLX Technology
Manny2 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Buy both!!!!
Both shoot great! It all depends how you feel with it.

Buy my red camo gt cheap
Manny2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 PM #16
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny2 View Post
Buy my red camo gt cheap
no bst outside the bst forums please.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:58 AM #17
boomerrw

Last weekend i played with a GT & it shot well, but i had gripes with it.

-The grips are hard as stone
-LCD screen was horrendous. extremely small,awful contrast(it was overcast all day & still trouble reading it.)
-The ASA has large holes in the bottom of it in order to purge. Dirt & dust can lodge in there and get into the threads on the tank.
-Machining could've been more impressive. Milling marks still visible
- Wasnt crazy about the feel of the inline but thats me being too picky

My biggest issue with Macdev is the Customer Service. I cant tell you how many times i attempted to reach them by phone & email only to get no answer an email 2 weeks later, or not at all. Most of the time i was just trying to give them my money to buy something.

Im no hater. i own a droid & its a great gun
boomerrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM #18
Michael_3388
Redneck Paintball

Ok i will keep it plain and simple
Geo is just a etha with fancy parts hardly any difference in preformance
The clone gt is a high end work of art there is only one spool that compare to its smoothness (luxe)
The only unbalanced spool i would even think about buying for over $1000 is the vanguard demon the next best os a macdev drone then a geo
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM #19
FreakOnature

I love my clone GT. It shoots perfectly. It works everytime all the time. The holes in the bottom of the asa are for the screws that hold it to the frame to go through it, not for venting. I will pick up a geo3 before too long and see which one I like better. I'll have both and be very happy. As of now I haven't shot a marker I like better than my GT.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 PM #20
dak22

saying macdev's cs is bad is like saying the geo 3 is inefficient; they both stem from past stigmas that both companies have tried to address over the last few months.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM #21
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Didnt you just say 2 posts before his that its all opinion? Seems like you got a bit bothered there by him saying Geo 3.
It doesn't bother me a bit... The opinion part is which characteristic of the gun is most important. Saying the Geo3 is more reliable is purely conjecture with no substantiation. The Geo3 is without a doubt PE's best spool to date, but IMO it still needs more work. PE is a great brand and I know they'll continue to improve the Geo design.