Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2012, 10:45 PM #1
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
people overpricing their used tanks in the b/s/t forum

Why does everyone overprice their USED tank in the b/s/t forum. Ill see a tank that goes for 150$ brand new in the store and then ill see someone selling the same tank on here used for 130$.... Thats a little ridiculous. It gets pretty annoying too because you rarely find someone selling a tank for a reasonable price. Just because the tank has a fresh hydro doesnt mean its still worth 90% of the original price! It still has precious years of life taken out of it!!!
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2012, 04:02 AM #2
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
Why does everyone overprice their USED tank in the b/s/t forum. Ill see a tank that goes for 150$ brand new in the store and then ill see someone selling the same tank on here used for 130$.... Thats a little ridiculous. It gets pretty annoying too because you rarely find someone selling a tank for a reasonable price. Just because the tank has a fresh hydro doesnt mean its still worth 90% of the original price! It still has precious years of life taken out of it!!!
It's just because it's currently what the market price is going for. As long as people continue to pay those prices for used tanks, those are the prices that they're going to continue to sell for.

It shouldn't really bother you though. If the price is so close to that of a new tank, then it's a no brainer to purchase the new tank.

The pricing of used tanks was a deal breaker for me, so I went ahead and bought brand new. Aside from the fact that my older tank was only a three year hydro, opposed to a newer tank that had a five year hydro, there was pricing that played a part in my decision as well as customer service.
TyeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 AM #3
Karma Police 12
Pearl, Pekko & Molly

Karma Police 12 is a Supporting Member
you just gotta look. tanks can be had for less than $75
Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 PM #4
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
i think i got a good deal. I got a 45/45 pure energy with a fresh hydro for a little under 80$. It just annoys me how people overprice their tanks...
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM #5
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
tanks always held the value more. With user markers it's normally cute into 1/3 the original price

With 130 I would expect a tank cover, over 3 years old hydro left, and a fill nipple cover.
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote