Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM #1
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
A4 or A1

I am thinking about getting a new angel and the two I am contemplating are the a4 and a1. What are your thoughts on which is better? I would like to take into consideration maintenance and the accessability to parts and not just performance. I don't know anyone who has either so I can't shoot them to see for myslef so I would really appreciate everyones input. I have also seen a few 05 speeds I liked, but mostly just thinking about the A4 and A1.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM #2
Methodcaptain

Well, it depends on what you expect out of your angel.

If you want the marker to be able to be adjusted to all the latest tournament rules, then the A1 would probably be your best bet out of the box. The a4 board doesn't have the ajustability/modes that the A1 boards do.

The A1 is smaller and lighter, and honestly shoots smoother than the A4 series markers. The A1 is very effiecent as well. It only comes with a 45 frame though, so if you like 90 frames you are out of luck on the A1. I like the overall package of the A1 being small, light, fast, effiecent, and the fact that the board does everything you could possibly want and more. Parts aren't hard to find for these unless you are looking for a ram. The last shipment of rams hasn't hit the US yet.

A4 series markers are extremely well built and fast markers. A4's are probably some of the most reliable markers WDP ever built. They are solid, rugged, and shoot great. Parts are starting to become hard to find for these, and eyes tend to be in short supply. They come with a 90 frame, but you can put a 45 frame on them if you want. Its nice to have a choice.

I shoot A1 platform angels. If I didn't, I would honestly be shooting A4 platform. You can't really go wrong with either, it just depends on what features are important to you.

WANTED: Blue angel A1 grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 AM #3
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
A1.

And if you do buy one make sure you buy a fully upgraded on because the stock internals where garbage in terms of effeciency and smoothness. It has to ATLEAST have a magno valve. Str ram and booster bolt are even better. Check the a1s in my sig if you want a great example
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 AM #4
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
I'd go with the A4 if I had to, but you might want to go with the A4 fly instead because it has eyes and the only upgrade you'll need is to buy a better board.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 PM #5
alexpntbll
I'm addicted ...

has been a member for 10 years
alexpntbll owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
where can i get a UPGRADED A4 fly bOARD for cheap... ebay ... pbnation???

I'll be 40 in ten years ... wow I'm old already!!
alexpntbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM #6
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
you cant.. then run 75-100 used, 140 new. (see the 7th element thread, that is why we are all hoping).

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is online now   Reply With Quote