Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM #1
za1e
the fresh prince

Speaking with an Army recruiter today, advice?

so today I have an appointment with an army recruiter. I have one felony conviction on my record (destruction of property) and have been arrested a couple times. I would need a waiver to get in but from what I understand the person to talk to is a recruiting officer.

am i making a good decision talking to this guy? I need advice stat
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
When I enlisted, any felonies had to be pardoned by the governor of your state before you could sign. Not sure if that's changed at all.

I think my first question for anyone looking to join would be "why do you want to join the military?". There's several right answers, and a whole lot of wrong ones. I look at it from the point of view of someone who has been in - there's a lot of people who could join that I wouldn't want going into a fight with me, and a lot I would. There's a mindset, an attitude, and an internal reason for wanting to be there. If you've got the right ones, you'll be good to go. If you don't, and you sign anyway, you could be putting yourself and a lot of good troops at risk.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 PM #3
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Yes, you are making a good decision by talking to him. However, I don't think your chances of getting in right now are very good.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM #4
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Cook? Be good at your job, get to work at the White House.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM #5
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't lie, remember they are the government anything sealed/expunged can be discovered by them.

Don't sign **** today, take anything given with a grain of salt and mull it over for a little while.

This:
Quote:
I think my first question for anyone looking to join would be "why do you want to join the military?". There's several right answers, and a whole lot of wrong ones.
Remember, you're never going to get what you think you deserve or want. Can you handle that? If not save your time and avoid the military. You have to be able to roll with the punches.

If reasonable talk to other recruiters, if you have any other interests, might get some good information or some better questions to ask. (even if you're not that interested in other branches you might learn something useful)

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM #6
PillowPants124
U-R-D-O-N-E

PillowPants124 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PillowPants124 supports Team VICIOUS
Talk to him and like eveyone is saying, get as much info from as many different recruiters or people you can. Be upfront because they will find out everything they need to know about you if they want to. If this is what you want to do then go for it and good luck because they are trying to downsize the force across the board right now. If you do get in then more power to you. Just remember, the military is more of a lifestyle than a job.
PillowPants124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 PM #7
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I have never seen anyone put in with a felony conviction, ever. Not even in the days of $15,000 signing bonuses.
For that matter I have never even met someone in my career in the military with a prior felony conviction.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM #8
InfantryMike12
Armed Force Panzer #12

InfantryMike12 is playing at Living Legends VI
InfantryMike12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee72 View Post
Don't lie, remember they are the government anything sealed/expunged can be discovered by them.

Don't sign **** today, take anything given with a grain of salt and mull it over for a little while.

This:

Remember, you're never going to get what you think you deserve or want. Can you handle that? If not save your time and avoid the military. You have to be able to roll with the punches.

If reasonable talk to other recruiters, if you have any other interests, might get some good information or some better questions to ask. (even if you're not that interested in other branches you might learn something useful)

What'd you join back in naim?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM #9
Martinman2013

Martinman2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Martinman2013 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Martinman2013 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Martinman2013 supports Empire
Always remember his job is to tell you anything then get you to sign the papers. if he say he will fulfill all your dreams, he may get you put in a job where you do not have time to dream. Be really careful with anything he says.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM #10
rT159
BlackOps

has been a member for 10 years
Glad you checked the date.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote