PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 PM #1
fatalblow

Recovering Anorexic needs help with dirty bulk

Hey Pbn,

My current stats as of today are 6'1" and 120 pounds. Clearly this is unhealthy as **** and nasty as ****. I'm struggling to really come out of this as my relationship with food is obviously not what it should be. Ultimately what I'm asking is can I just eat whatever the **** I want, probably upwards of 6k calories a day in order to gain some mass? What kind of gains would this give me over the course of 2 weeks or so? I'm also doing SS.
fatalblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 PM #2
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Drinking a gallon of milk a day in addition to whatever food you already eat would probably be a good idea.

I don't think you understand how much food 6000cals actually is. I would be very impressed if someone your size could manage to cram that much food down on a daily basis.

You probably need about 3000cals to maintain your current weight, if you want to gain weight I would increase that by 800 cals. So if your maintenance is 3000cals, you should see a steady weight gain from eating 3800cals a day.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 08-31-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 AM #3
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
1. if he's 120lbs, 3,000kcals is probably more than enough to be over maintenance

2. If he's a recovering anorexic with body image issues, dirty bulking probably isnt the smartest idea.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 PM #4
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
moderation my man.

dirty bulking/fulking/dreamer bulking is not a good idea. you should always have an idea of what you're taking in and not stray from your daily set caloric intake too much, or you will get fat quick.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 PM #5
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

A proper clean diet is a lot more important than a caloric surplus for an anorexic. Mental disorders aren't something you can just get over.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:56 PM #6
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

I wasted my time responding to this thread

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:35 AM #7
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Naw, bet you he read it, didn't like the answers, so he went to another forum.
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM #8
Laureate
strength beyond strength

ya "drink a gallon of milk everyday" isn't the most exciting diet

however bless this man for getting some help. anorexia is tough to get over because your brain structure is actually altered, so it takes a while for it to go back to normal. meditation helps my friend.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 AM #9
FHS JewFro
black AND white

not real educated on anorexia but is there legit way to diagnose the disease other than the client telling the doc he/she doesnt eat, ever?

excuse my ignorance, just curious
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM #10
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
1. if he's 120lbs, 3,000kcals is probably more than enough to be over maintenance

2. If he's a recovering anorexic with body image issues, dirty bulking probably isnt the smartest idea.
I thought this too. Would recommend a steady increase of calories as already stated.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 PM #11
fatalblow

Did read the thread. And attempted to do a dirty bulk for a week. Put on about 8lbs in a week, which I thought was impossible. Is this all fat or could it be water and glycogen?
fatalblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 PM #12
FHS JewFro
black AND white

read thread
did what he wanted
failed
asks more questions
wut

srs tho, couple people said dirty bulk is not the answer and you did it anyway... clean bulk for the win
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM #13
KillemallcuzIcan

good job
KillemallcuzIcan is offline   Reply With Quote