Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM #1
RedRod
 
 
RedRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ontario Canada
RedRod is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Request for next years All Star game

Would really like to see the All Star Game next year. It seemed rather odd to not have the Allstar game at a time where all particpants and spectators could not watch it. I think some better event scheduling could allow for this

Couple reasons I could see holding games for the match
- stands would have likely been packed
- nppl would have earned more revenue from seat sales, beer, etc
- pro players might have given a **** about the match
- air compressors would have caught up to allow other fields to resume with full fills
- event sponsors and vendors could have been made mention of driving home value to them and hopeful continued involvement
- people might have know more about the charity concert after the event
- refs could be allowed to take a break get some food and rest and hopefully continue strong through the remaining games

Hoping that the powers that be might see a need for this

Cheers,
Shawn
__________________
*_FLAGSWIPE_PAINTBALL_*
http://www.flagswipepaintball.com
http://www.buypaintball.ca
RedRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM #2
edpoorman
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Annual Supporting Member
edpoorman works for a Paintball manufacturer
I love what you are saying and we will discuss this before the end of the season. I agree with every point you made here, we need our allstar game to promote our stars, our fans and our sport. Thanks for taking the time to make your comments and thanks for choosing the NPPL.
edpoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM #3
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!
 
IplayforRelentless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
I know it's hard to compare paintball to other pro sports, but most other All Star games are just pros messing around and having fun. The only All Star game I can think of that the pros take somewhat serious would be the MLB ASG since they're playing for which league gets home field advantage in the Series.

What I'd think would be fun to see would be a Skills Competition, although I don't know how logistics would work out with that, since it'd take up so much time.

Other than that, I agree with everything you've said
__________________
(Oh!) Oh Mother War! Sleep in your arms tonight, I'm burning. I'm burning for your love.
OG Photo MOB - What's a photo?
flickr - I like to pretend I'm a photographer
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes

Last edited by IplayforRelentless : 09-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 PM #4
Greenrider226
RuthlessPB.com
 
Greenrider226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wrong side of town.
Greenrider226 plays in the PSP
Greenrider226 plays in the APPA D3 division
Greenrider226 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Greenrider226 is Boss
Greenrider226 supports Empire
Allstar 1v1 tourney.
__________________

Pants and Jersey Sale.

Fresh start
TCP Wrecking Machine
H2K
RuthlessPB.com
Wear the bear
Greenrider226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 PM #5
edpoorman
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Annual Supporting Member
edpoorman works for a Paintball manufacturer
Keep em coming guys, skills session just would not likely work due to the time it would take but still a good idea. Thanks
edpoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 PM #6
afnav2011
 
 
afnav2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oklahoma
afnav2011 is playing at Living Legends III
afnav2011 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
afnav2011 is an NCPA player
afnav2011 plays in the APPA D5 division
I don't know if you do this already, but to give the game some meaning, have the two teams play for different charities and the winning team gets to donate $X while the losing team gets to donate $Y. Charity donations can be built into reg fees for the year, vendor contracts, through donations/auctions/raffles, etc. Good press for the NPPL and the charity gets some $$$, win-win.
__________________
University Of Michigan
Crash At The Coast Miami
afnav2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 PM #7
chrom3penguin (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the road.
chrom3penguin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrom3penguin supports Team VICIOUS
chrom3penguin supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRod View Post
Would really like to see the All Star Game next year. It seemed rather odd to not have the Allstar game at a time where all particpants and spectators could not watch it. I think some better event scheduling could allow for this

Couple reasons I could see holding games for the match
- stands would have likely been packed
- nppl would have earned more revenue from seat sales, beer, etc
- pro players might have given a **** about the match
- air compressors would have caught up to allow other fields to resume with full fills
- event sponsors and vendors could have been made mention of driving home value to them and hopeful continued involvement
- people might have know more about the charity concert after the event
- refs could be allowed to take a break get some food and rest and hopefully continue strong through the remaining games

Hoping that the powers that be might see a need for this

Cheers,
Shawn
agreed. everything.
chrom3penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM #8
turmoil
PTPer right here baby
 
turmoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOVA
turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
turmoil has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenrider226 View Post
Allstar 1v1 tourney.
i like this
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 PM #9
FBSinfamous
FBS
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fraser mich
Not that the nppl needs to streak ideas from psp but I attended an all star game they held a few years back and they made it to where the all stars played sunday afternoon and moved there schedule to end the pro tournament sunday morning took lunch and the all stars played a few hours in the afternoon running points
__________________
FBS

Play at CRU Paintball in Flint Mi cause it is by far the most fair and help full paintball field i have ever played at in 6 years of playing owner takes the time to get to know you and help you when and how ever he can
FBSinfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 AM #10
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!
 
IplayforRelentless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpoorman View Post
Keep em coming guys, skills session just would not likely work due to the time it would take but still a good idea. Thanks
That's what I figured, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnav2011 View Post
I don't know if you do this already, but to give the game some meaning, have the two teams play for different charities and the winning team gets to donate $X while the losing team gets to donate $Y. Charity donations can be built into reg fees for the year, vendor contracts, through donations/auctions/raffles, etc. Good press for the NPPL and the charity gets some $$$, win-win.
This, this, this!!
__________________
(Oh!) Oh Mother War! Sleep in your arms tonight, I'm burning. I'm burning for your love.
OG Photo MOB - What's a photo?
flickr - I like to pretend I'm a photographer
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 AM #11
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL
 
I'm RickJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: (703) PEV'S
I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by afnav2011 View Post
I don't know if you do this already, but to give the game some meaning, have the two teams play for different charities and the winning team gets to donate $X while the losing team gets to donate $Y. Charity donations can be built into reg fees for the year, vendor contracts, through donations/auctions/raffles, etc. Good press for the NPPL and the charity gets some $$$, win-win.
Best idea I've heard in a while... I'll bring it up to Chuck and Pev
__________________
NPPL DJ/MC

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ


Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:52 PM #12
walpatal22
STRENGTH & HONOR
 
walpatal22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: VA Beach, VA
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by afnav2011 View Post
I don't know if you do this already, but to give the game some meaning, have the two teams play for different charities and the winning team gets to donate $X while the losing team gets to donate $Y. Charity donations can be built into reg fees for the year, vendor contracts, through donations/auctions/raffles, etc. Good press for the NPPL and the charity gets some $$$, win-win.
You can also sell "Game worn all-star jerseys" under the same idea, a portion of the earnings going to charity.
walpatal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump