Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 PM #1
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
what got you in to the sport of paintball? Or what keeps bringing you back?

I first got in to paintball when i was 12 when my friends started playing and i wanted to play too. My first gun was a spyder compact 2000. We played for a summer or 2 then stopped because parents couldnt afford it. 14 years later, new friends, i got back in to the sport with them.
I am determined to keep playing if they stop and ill just keep meeting people at fields to play with.

What about everyone else?
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM #2
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I had friends who got guns cheap, so I went with them a couple of times. A month later, I had all my own gear (not cheap).

What keeps me playing? That adrenaline rush when I hear "game starts in FIVE...." and shoot my gun once just to make sure my gear is right & tight. Then the buzzer goes off and... well, you know the rest.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 09-04-2012 at 07:13 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM #3
espin679

espin679 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
espin679 posts videos on PbNation
espin679 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
espin679 is attending Decay of Nations VI
my dad actually has trophies from like 1989 from using splat masters and what not, and when i was 13-14 i asked to play, he bought a spyder compact 2000 and shot me in the back yard. i hated it until i shot him. I played alot of woods ball till i was 16-17 and lost complete interest. i decided to look up paintball on youtube and saw that the sport is so competitive now. I bought all my own gear using the money i saved for my 2012 WRX and dont regret it at all. and i cant agree more for the game starts in five, you fire those 1-3 shots and that slow motion effect from breaking and running to your bunker... Nothing in the world is like it... I no longer speed now *my old adreline rush* cause ticket money will take away from paintball
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM #4
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
I started playing in 1992 with my Fraternity Brothers as a team building type event. I have a blast watching new players discover the sport and the looks on their faces after they played a game and got a number of "kills." I also enjoy trying to pass on some of my hard gained experience. But what really keeps me coming back is where else can I shoot my friends without going to jail? It is a very fun game to me and something I will do until the day I die ... even if I have to play in a wheelchair pushed around the filed by a nurse ... maybe a power chair ...
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM #5
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I started a couple years back after seeing some youtube slow-mo videos and thinking "this is badass xD". Rented twice and then decided to get my own gear. and I think what really keeps me coming back, is that feeling of "I'm really getting better at this." And improving your game day after day!

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 PM #6
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I enjoy shooting the kids with an Axe, Ion, and other $400+ eletric guns with my sub $100 Spyder Sonix.

No really, I love just getting into a bunker, shots going all around me, and hunkering down. There is a rush knowing that I just made it in.

I also enjoy working the bunkers till I get that blind side shot on a buddy in a friendly game.

I always think it's not the hundred shots taken in a game, it's the silent approach to get that one shot to eliminate.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM #7
wizard8873

Started playing with my friends when i was about 14. Played until I was about 21 a lot, even worked at badlandz for a while, and at about 24 just stopped completely. Just didn't have time between work, school, moving.

Just recently, friend sent me a livingsocial deal for paintball and decided to go get back into it. Rather than going with rental equipment, I decided to get my own gear and get back into the game. Just always had fun and no matter what, always came away from games in a great mood and had lots of fun.
wizard8873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 AM #8
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
I Get to legally shoot people, That is all.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM #9
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-1071 View Post
A most dangerous game isn't it?

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM #10
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-1071 View Post
Haha. I love when the person is a total d-bag too, makes it so much sweeter
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 AM #11
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
When I was 15 and skateboarding home from school, I came across a pickup truck with two kids in the bed and one driving. They decided I was an awesome moving target and opened fire on me. They hit me with about 6 shots and missed about 30 others. I went back to look at all the little splats on the walls and discovered paintball.

Two days later I bought a gun from Kmart and the rest is another long, drawn out story for a totally different thread.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM #12
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
For me it's just stress relief. You shoot at people, run around and wear yourself out, etc...
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM #13
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownseanthomas View Post
When I was 15 and skateboarding home from school, I came across a pickup truck with two kids in the bed and one driving. They decided I was an awesome moving target and opened fire on me. They hit me with about 6 shots and missed about 30 others. I went back to look at all the little splats on the walls and discovered paintball.

Two days later I bought a gun from Kmart and the rest is another long, drawn out story for a totally different thread.
I wish to hear your story of pain, suffering, redemption, and finally . . . vengeance.

You have no choice in this matter. You must tell your story so that the healing can begin. I have spoken.

OBEY
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM #14
htownseanthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84

I wish to hear your story of pain, suffering, redemption, and finally . . . vengeance.

You have no choice in this matter. You must tell your story so that the healing can begin. I have spoken.

OBEY
There is a stimulating urge boiling deep within my soul. Is.. Is that you, God?

Let me paint you a picture. Imagine Karate Kid, but with a paintball marker in his hands. Remember that wood post he stood on? I ran circles around it, unloading hoppers worth of paint and dumping pods in on the move. I practiced snap shooting with swinging chains, I waxed cars with the fillings of paintballs, and waxed off with water. I protected children from school bullies by punking them in my intimidating protective paintball uniform. Then one moment during my routine, I knew I was ready. It is time.. For vengeance.

I strapped on my sunrise headband. I focused intensely on my reflection in the mirror. I knew, today was the day, that my animosity for people I never knew would be settled. They would feel the wrath of tournament mode board settings. They would forever remember the precision of my anger. They would be tormented by visions of my presence in their dreams. This is the reason; I've fought for, I've burned fifty dollars worth of paint for, and I've promised myself the permanent feeling of redemption time and time again.

As I walked down the same path I chose that fateful moment, I yearned for the sound of that truck. I knew I would recognize it. I could never forget. Suddenly, I hear the sounds of tires screeching and an engine throttling. This was the moment. I flipped around on one foot and planted my right knee to the ground. I laid my first rope across the windshield of the pickup, causing the driver to lose vision of his direction. He slams the brakes, and cuts the wheel hard. The truck comes to a stop and all is silent. I calmly reach to my NXe 3+2 pack and remove my first Dye Locklid for a quick refill. I raise my marker and make the first steps towards the vehicle. The first of three pops up with his gun, I put out 6 shots and lay him down. The second of three jumps out the side of the bed and tries to wrap around the tailgate shooting left handed. Silly amateur, he was an easy point. Finally, the third and final. He opens the door and makes a sprint for the nearest house. I let him run, but only for a moment. I exhale, and take aim. Ratatatatatatatatattt! He falls to the ground in slow motion.

Victory was exactly how I had imagined for every single one of the 37 minutes I had practiced. Glorious, simply glorious. I threw my arms into the air and let out a terrifying roar that shook windows, caused dogs to piss themselves, and lions in the western portion of Africa to tremble in fear like simple domesticated felines.

I never actually saw them again, but it was really fun to type that out for you, God.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:38 PM #15
dragonight1843

Shoooting People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Under 18 an buy all my own gear.
dragonight1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM #16
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
My cousin got me started. Too bad i was already in my early 20s, this would've been the only activity to get me exercise as a kid. Oh well.

I keep doing it cuz it's fun.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM #17
gunslinger84

Quote:
Words
Quote:
I never actually saw them again, but it was really fun to type that out for you, God.
I knew you didn't have a story. Who wouldn't tell people about his revenge after being ambushed? But I was expecting at least an entertaining lie from you. You have failed.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 PM #18
htownseanthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84

I knew you didn't have a story. Who wouldn't tell people about his revenge after being ambushed? But I was expecting at least an entertaining lie from you. You have failed.
Not even slightly amusing? I'm deeply ashamed. As any ninja who has brought such harrowing shame to their family name, I must now disembowel myself. Good day, sir.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM #19
gunslinger84

Less talk-y more harakiri-y.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM #20
Scooterboy333
Hell Yeah!

Scooterboy333 supports Pev's Paintball
Scooterboy333 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scooterboy333 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I got into paintball about 2 years ago with my step-son. He invited me to go out and play with him and a few of his friends. I HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!!! I couldn't wait to get home and start researching and buying my gear.

What keeps me coming back and playing is the chance for my family and I to spend time and have fun together as a family. And yes my wife, my daughter and my youngest son all play together. Don't forget the adrenaline rush too!!!
Scooterboy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 AM #21
TopNotchT

Annual Supporting Member
TopNotchT is BST Legit
TopNotchT is playing at Living Legends VII
TopNotchT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
TopNotchT supports DLX Technology
TopNotchT supports Empire
I got into the sport of paintball when I first started working for USPS. I met a driver who was always talking about the sport and seeing as we were a young group of co-workers, he invited us to play at Xtreme Paintball Park located in Milstadt, Illinois. All I can say is that it was one of the most fun activities I had ever done, and until this day I'm hooked.
TopNotchT is offline   Reply With Quote