Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 AM #22
mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mrspeeddemon supports Team VICIOUS
mrspeeddemon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mrspeeddemon supports Empire
Ok seriously if you have the better field things should work them selves out eventually. I don't recommend bad mouthing the other field but rather emphasize on the benefits of playing at a legit field that focus' on safety and fun. Like was stated earlier advertise- I personaly use the radio it definately raises awareness of your field. Hold events that are fun for everybody that way people will talk about it, word of mouth is your best resource.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
, if you want peace, prepare for war
mrspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 AM #23
dertydood

dertydood owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dertydood plays in the APPA D5 division
dertydood has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
[quote=

post no trespassing signs and exercise your 2nd amendment rights [/QUOTE]

Boom Chacka Lacka!!!

Link to my APPA: http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...vaaRpMHFWWoGIL
dertydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 AM #24
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
What size property are you working with?
How many fields do you have and who do they cater too the most?do they cater to speedball ?do they cater to woodsball?

try reaching out for sponsors, Locally and not so locally to gain a bit of help with cost.. try contacting (lets say bob) bob for xxxx lumber, hey bob this is xxx.. Im a local small business owner who runs a paintball field down here in xxxx and im looking to expand some of my playing fields by building (as an example) a structured field with a few single/double level forts on it, and I would like to know if you would like to become a sponser, in turn I would only buy my supplies for this project from your company,in exchange for at a bit above cost to you, advertisement placement for your business in the form an an xx by xx big sign located on my website (have a sponsership section on webpage) and if the mood strikes you even on the field that was built with those supplies (kinda like if you built a small town and it had false storefronts their sign would be on the front)

reach out to bigger paintball suppliers, tippman ect for the same type of sponsorship with rental equipment and help on field building.. (huge field in paintball has done the same thing with tippmann and had them sponsor two fields..tippmann castle and tippmann city) their name is in the fields name and players LOOOVE THEM.. also same offer of adding to sponsership page,field ect..

website update..
Im looking at the site and it needs better info.Updated calender of events,field info (map/s and names of all fields you offer along with photos of those fields.if they dont have names, name em..ask players for suggestions..post videos of games being played and people having fun,getting their dollars worth ect.

make a facebook page..free advertising ..gives a chance for potential players to connect and ask questions to other players who have played there,see pictures ect..

Have contests for players to design fields (within realistic limits to your property size and location ect guidlines ect) where you pic the best options for your field and have a prize of xxxx (ie,free play for xxx of visits,paint gear if you can swing it ect..

A get to know the field event..
Invite PARENTS!! who support their children in playing and ultimately decide where their money goes for entertainment.. this will allow you to show the parents and players why YOUR field stands out..

have your refs on hand for this,have them know their stuff and look the part..not like some teen who would rather be paying more attention to their txt msgs then they want to pay to little billy losing an eye because no ones watching him when hes trying to remove his mask ect..

walk them around the facility and show them the fields, even encouraging them (the parents) to get in on the action by offering them free orientation type games to learn and better understand the sport.. even a kids vs parents ,dads and daughters vs moms and sons ect.. you can do a walk of the facility and at the end ask who wants to have some fun? have some markers ready to go, a few hundred rounds each and go out for 2-4 games of capture the flag,hopper ball style (this way games seem to last longer,minimizing paint use,less cost to you)

once the parents see that your refs are on the ball and care,are knowledgable and your facility is SAFE they should see no issue with spending a few dollars for their kids,even for themselves if you turn a few never before players onto the sport.

host young gun playing days, groups of kids no older then xx and first timers limited to 2-3 time players to go against similar skilled players their own age..nothing is scarier to kids then walking on to a field seeing somone with their own gear carrying a case of paint on their pack looking to mow down anyone (including them)

offer photos ect.. even if only online.. you made the face book page i mentioned right? hey guys so and so is gonna follow you around for a few games and take some photos of your fun so you can go check em out later tonight/tomorrow ect.. upload em to fb by dated folders making them easier to find.

do you offer food at your field?
yes? what are the choices,how are the prices? ect..
No? why not? see what it takes to get a food venders license in your area,get a grill and hit the bulk wharhouse stores for burgers,dogs chip packs snacks and drinks ect.. buying bulk allows you to spend a ton less then you think and able to mark it up without killing your customers wallet and still making a modest profit even if you hire someone to run the grill a during the weekends

make party/group packages, xxx amount or paintballs,field entry,lunch ect $xxx per person in the group.. birthday boy/girl plays free..mom/dad/group leader plays free.. incentives work.. even if its something that doesnt cost you anything to begin with once a customer sees the word free they start thinking..

at the end of the day near the equipment return area have a suggestion box with a questioner asking what did you first notice upon arriving at our field,what was your first thoughts on xxx, did your field guide/referee help you understand the rules and equipment ect.. what can we do to improve ect..

not all of it may be viable to your location its all something to think about none the less...

look at some of the bigger fields around..
skirmish,cpx,ect ect and look at what they offer.. then tailor it to your field and players needs and wants..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 AM #25
Bulldog PB

Thanks guys! i've stepped up advertising in our area posting flyers in all the hot spots,ran some newspaper ads, plastered my vehical with all my logos and yes i do have a cheap free site that im working to step away from. the fields i have are a 120x 80 speedball field that is getting redone this winter we are expanding to a full psp field, my woodsball field is 2000'x1000'and is also getting up graded we are building some small 20'x20' forts on it and clearing more woods so it will be huge. this pop field is doing it all illegal and unsafe im just worried that the players will either get hurt or have a bad exprience with paintball if they go to this guy.its not the fact he opened a field i take the challenge of another field but if your going to do it then do it right dont put the sport and players at risk! our area is a very poor economical area and any thing that seems cheaper then the other guy they will go there. if i could run my field 7 days a week id love it but our area just cant support it so im stuck working another day job to pay the bills. but again guys thank you just needed to see if anyone else dealt with anything similiar.
Bulldog PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:54 PM #26
c_dogg4

c_dogg4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by CColt22
Challenge the other field owner to a battle royale.
Loser has to leave town, forever.
Host event at their field.
Recruit massive army of players.
Train every day for 2 weeks.
Train to 80's music.
Montage it up.
Show up at the rival field.
Battle.
Win.
Sketchy field closes forever.
Owner is banished to Antarctica.
????
Profit.
This. Hahahahahahaha. Many Lol's were had.
c_dogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 AM #27
AZCHOOCH
RICK GARCIA 2017

AZCHOOCH owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
AZCHOOCH has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AZCHOOCH has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm going to throw out a few things that we have done and they work great.

Group on - run a deal for 2,4,6,8 include admission equipment and some paint. This draws in your first timers and groups and they love to shoot lots of paint.

50 cal - we run a youth league for kids 8-12 parents love it kids love it and it's been word of mouth we do anywhere from 50-90 kids on a 3 1/2 hour session on Sundays

Go daddy.com they can help you with your website it's websites for dummies

Paint grenades - kids love them parents will buy them to make little Johnny happy
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM #28
BASEBMX40

has been a member for 10 years
BASEBMX40 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Perhaps you should go talk with him and employ him at your field. You get someone who is good at marketing and taking business away from others and you shut his field down.

Win Win
BASEBMX40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 AM #29
bucket187

Sounds like that dirt bag Arron smith, always doing shady deals and has one of the worst fields around and can't for get how he smoke weed around kids and costumers!
bucket187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 AM #30
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Hmmm. So, lets get this straight.....
-fly by night paintball field is putting you out of business
-you offer no promos and sell paint at msrp
-you are on here representing yourself as a business owner and you cannot form a paragraph or spell.
-you have a horrible website that I just tried to navigate and everything on it is just pop up junk
-you're afraid to do anything about it because he might damage your ****? That is why you have insurance

It sounds to me as if you are in over your head and you need to maybe start looking elsewhere to provide for your family. As your common and business sense are severely misaligned.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM #31
Bulldog PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Hmmm. So, lets get this straight.....
-fly by night paintball field is putting you out of business
-you offer no promos and sell paint at msrp
-you are on here representing yourself as a business owner and you cannot form a paragraph or spell.
-you have a horrible website that I just tried to navigate and everything on it is just pop up junk
-you're afraid to do anything about it because he might damage your ****? That is why you have insurance

It sounds to me as if you are in over your head and you need to maybe start looking elsewhere to provide for your family. As your common and business sense are severely misaligned.

-fly by night field is not putting me out of business just simply stating he is a thorn in my side and asking if other owners had or are having the same problem

-i sell my paint at MAP its the best price in a 100 mile radius. as for promos i have free entry for all college students and military, i do monthly give aways and have free air at my field.

-punctuation im sorry this is a forum yes its good to have.

-the website ive already acknowledged that its bad,its a free website hosting site and it sucksm, im in process of updating that and i should have my new one up and running by oct. I haven't touched it in a while because i use facebook more to promote my field. I hit more people on there then on my website.

-Yes I have insurance but when you make a claim on it what happens? it goes up, adding to the overhead and less money in my pocket.

I'm not in over my head. The area I run my field has a small average household income ($60,00 or less). So when it comes to mom and dad forking out a ton of cash to play a luxury sport they dont do it often. I opened this field back in 2010 because there wasn't one. Kids had nothing, so the wife and I decided that it would be a great idea. We dont have the large population like a lot of field have, on a weekend im lucky if i get 15-20 people to come out. Im not into the field to make a ton of cash, i'm here to provide a service to my community.

The field isnt my full time job. I work just about 7 days a week to provide for my family and thats not including running the field! My business and common sense are not misaligned. I work with what i have and do what i can with my field if you show up at my field i treat you like your the king of the world and show you or help you with what ever you need. Thats why i have repeat customers, I dont treat them like a customer I treat them like a friend.

Its easy to get on here and knit pick about small things as punctuation and all that but it boils down to all i was looking for was some friendly advice from other field owners. I'm not sure if you own/operate your own field and have had to deal with something like this. Those popup fields are not good for the sport they dont provide a safe enviroment. If they dont do it the right way then the field that is doing it right suffers long after that field closed up.
Bulldog PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:07 AM #32
OldSkoolP8ntr

has been a member for 10 years
If other methods mentioned above fail (city/state/township etc) there's always.....

Does this "field" do Co2/HPA Fills? if so, I'd be willing to bet he doesn't adhere to the law as it relates to filling out of date tanks? a player with an out of date tank (co2 or hpa) and a hidden camera (if your state permits this) and an email to the state with the footage, voila! the guy is gone. While this may seem extreme, on a serious note, if in fact the guy is doing this haphazardly, the last thing our sport needs is someone getting injured or worst, because someone who isn't following the rules decided to put money before common sense, not to mention that if he doesn't have the proper insurance, and someone were to get hurt!? nevermind the fact I'm sure the state and county aren't happy they're not able to get any revenue from this, that may be the straw that breaks the camels back, everything else aside?
Old 09-22-2012, 02:46 PM #33
Syrup49

Syrup49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Syrup49 is an NCPA player
Syrup49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Syrup49 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Get some more rental markers. According to your website you only have 10. Without the ability to support larger groups of people, you're limiting yourself.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 PM #34
moxiepaintball

moxiepaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM #35
Punisher068

We woodsballers call them "outlaw" or "renegade" fields.If you have forgotten this is how paintball started.dont worry about what other people are doing,concentrate on improving your own business
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote