Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM #1
dannyboy768

Top Hat O-ring keeps blowing off.

Ok so yesterday I took my Dm3 (**** it Im not typing it out) to the field and it chronod and shot great. After a few games I decided to attempt to tune it. I go to the chrono and follow the instructions on the "Ultimate Matrix Guide". With the gun depressurized, I take my PBC LPR and I unscrew the knob all the way out, I screw the Hyper 2 adjustment screw all the way in. I then slowly screw the Hyper 2 screw out little by little and all I hear is the solenoid click. I go back to my car and continue unscrewing it, then out of no where I here a bang and my dm3 turns into a machine gun and starts vibrating uncontrollably, I turn the air off.

I take out the bolt and the small o-ring inside the top hat is on the bolt stem. Im guessing this is because I over pressurized the reg? I lube and clean the entire bolt and replace the o-ring. Try the same procedure, the o-ring blows off and again it scares me ****less (and I lost about 1000 PSI on my tank in a few seconds.) What gives? The LCD board says the battery is good. I tried a brand new battery anyway, nothing. How many turns should I unscrew my Hyper 2 before deciding its not gonna shoot and if I continue unscrewing, the top hat o-ring is blowing off?

My Dm3 has been shooting great, then I try tuning it and it goes to ****, I havent even opened up the lpr or hyper 2 since I got it to shoot. The LPR seems to be working as well as the reg, I took the noid off, shut off the LPR, and aired the gun up, then I slowly turned the lpr on and air came out of the middle hole on the solenoid manifold. Until the o-ring blows off I dont hear any leaks at all. Any ideas?

Can someone also tell me approximatley what are stock setting (how many turns) for a Hyper 2 and PBC LPR.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
That small inner tophat o-ring almost always blows off because the pressure is too high. Make sure you replace it with a fresh o-ring and hook up the Hyper 2 to a pressure tester/gauge if you can. If you are going from solenoid clicking without air to suddenly having too much pressure, you should probably rebuild the Hyper 2.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM #3
BonesJackson
Legendary

Speedy is right, but there are some preventative measures you can take in addition to what he said. First, if the top hat has been 'modded' or you have a top hat mod in place, that raises the pressure in the shot chamber, adding to the problem Normally it's not an issue, but if you went for some sort of extreme top hat modding, like making the chamber tiny, that'll do it.

You might also look into using Quad X-rings instead of o-rings especially in that spot. They are more resilient.
BonesJackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM #4
dannyboy768

Thanks for the help. I cleaned and lubed the already clean and lubed HPR, reset both regs. Now it works.

This thing is possessed.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596

Last edited by dannyboy768 : 09-04-2012 at 05:06 PM.
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote