Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 AM #1
Ballen4Life
No Surrender

Ballen4Life plays in the APPA D4 division
Ballen4Life supports DLX Technology
Since I can't decide

Should I get a Luxe or an Ego 11. I'm torn between the two. How's the maintenance and handle on them both. Help me lol.
I figured you guys are the only ones I could trust with a good answer.
Ballen4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 AM #2
drummerhubbard

They are 2 totally different markers

Best thing is go to a field and ask to shoot them

The luxe requires more attention...but if you can just get filled in on the dos and donts its not that complicated. Less efficienct but super smooth and quiet

And a ego is like a ak47...I'm sure you already knew that. Pretty efficient, kinda loud and more kick. But pretty much can just sit in a gear bag and work whenever
drummerhubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 AM #3
Manny2
Hi hater!! Gun whore#1

Manny2 is BST Legit
Manny2 supports Team VICIOUS
Manny2 supports DLX Technology
Manny2 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Both are great and the luxe is light and well balanced, but it's a air hog. As for the ego clean and easy to read LCD screen, easy to break down. Both are great markers. It all depends on the buyer/shooter
Manny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM #4
Ballen4Life
No Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerhubbard View Post
They are 2 totally different markers

Best thing is go to a field and ask to shoot them

The luxe requires more attention...but if you can just get filled in on the dos and donts its not that complicated. Less efficienct but super smooth and quiet

And a ego is like a ak47...I'm sure you already knew that. Pretty efficient, kinda loud and more kick. But pretty much can just sit in a gear bag and work whenever
I heard that as well. I mean the Luxe you can just clean it and lube the O rings and it will work right? Or is it more technical/electronic?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 AM #5
randy woodland

since I heard you have money to burn, then you should just buy both and sell the one you least like ! throw the geo in the mix also as i shot one sun and it was ball on ball and I thought it was way better than an ego on the noise factor and allot smoother ! glad to see you getting back in the game !
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM #6
drummerhubbard

Yep that's all it is! My buddy travis X A N A T O S (his pbn name) is really good with luxes and can help you understand them inside out.
drummerhubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 AM #7
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon

Annual Supporting Member
X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D1 division
There are a few more things that go into keeping a luxe going than an ego11, but the way the Ego's solenoid is set up, with a manifold and whatnot they both require tuning to be your personal preference. The luxe has more board settings that need to be tweaked (dwell, fsdo) as well as the feathertouch, oring fitment and the manifold being tuned, where the ego11, you clean and relube it and it should be good for awhile. I prefer the lengthy feel of the luxe to the ego11, the ego11 is lighter but all personal preference.

-Travis

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 AM #8
codmaster

codmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego 13 thats coming out sometime soon

EGO 11 FS/T
Ninja Events FS/T
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM #9
fromsnake
Homegrown

fromsnake owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fromsnake is for the Gunfight
fromsnake is for the Gunfight
I would go with a luxe, but you should consider a geo 2.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM #10
Get bunkered (Banned)
PB is a way of life

Get bunkered is playing at Living Legends V
Get bunkered supports Team VICIOUS
Get bunkered has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Get bunkered is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly I would go luxe it's a little harder on maintenance but it's not like diffusing a bomb or anything it's pretty easy, it may get less efficiency but that really dosent matter you should fill after every 2 points and it is super quiet and the build of the gun is just amazing as for the ak47 lol it is a poppit so they are 2 very different markers, maintenance on an ego is a breeze , but it has a lot of kick and is rather loud , efficiency is maybe a little above average but the luxe is definitely going to win in my opinion
Get bunkered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:10 PM #11
Ballen4Life
No Surrender

Looks like it's going to be the Luxe! I'm excited to get back from Afghanistan and start playing again. Thanks for all of the opinions! Out!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM #12
Green Mustard
I know mustard is yellow.

Annual Supporting Member
Green Mustard plays in the PSP
Green Mustard is an NCPA player
Green Mustard plays in the APPA D5 division
Green Mustard supports Empire
Green Mustard is All In
XANAT0S/Travis def. knows his markers. Because of him, I fell in love with a luxe
Green Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM #13
Futureballpro2000
It's a lifestyle

Annual Supporting Member
Futureballpro2000 plays in the PSP
Futureballpro2000 is playing at Living Legends V
Futureballpro2000 is playing at Living Legends VII
Futureballpro2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Futureballpro2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Futureballpro2000 plays in the APPA D4 division
Omg! not another one of these threads
Futureballpro2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 AM #14
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get bunkered View Post
maintenance on an ego is a breeze , but it has a lot of kick and is rather loud

Lol if you think a paintball gun has a lot of kick... You need to start hitting the gym or something bro...

Since i've picked up my ego 11 I have noticed a little bit of barrel rise when ramping, it is minor if you have a good shoulder into the tank.. you don't notice and seems to happen more when dryfiring; I figure the paint adds some back pressure to the bolt and ram system. It has been a while since I've ramped a spooly really fast so I cant confirm if it would happen on a spooly too..
But I do not feel ANY kick when shooting my 11. I was inside the house the other day while my wife and brother in law were shooting my ego and I was kinda shocked by how quiet the shots were (they were on the deck I was in the room right inside from it windows were open) behind the Ego I noticed that it does have a little more pronounced 'pop' to the sound signature but honestly I really don't think sound makes much of a difference on a speedball style field. Maybe in scenario where games are longer and there are some breaks in firefighting. That being said I do love spools, and I did put one of the Geo 2's in my hands from one of the guys at crew and really liked the way it felt in my hands. However the Egos rock solid design won the vote for me, I hate the feeling of taking a gun to the field, pulling it out of the gear bag and having something not work which happens much more often with spools IMHO

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM #15
ncracer409

ncracer409 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego 11 all the way i wouldnt trade mine for anything ive had lots of markers and the 11 is my fav virtually no maint good on air a bit loud but doesnt bother most luxes are nice but alot more maint and air hogs they are 2 totally different guns spool vs popit parts are easier to get for the ego as well the luxe doesnt have a lcd screen it talks to u the ego has a lcd screen and its super easy to set up the ego is more reliable but take it for whats its worth thats just my 2 its more personal pref than anything u need to shoot em both and see which u like better
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 AM #16
Ballen4Life
No Surrender

I bought the Luxe 2.0 so you can bet when I'm home on leave I'll be talking with XANTOS how to fine tune my Luxe. I should be home from Afghanistan and on leave mid - end September so I'll def be seeing you guys at CRU. Thanks for all the opinions on the markers.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 PM #17
Get bunkered (Banned)
PB is a way of life

Get bunkered is playing at Living Legends V
Get bunkered supports Team VICIOUS
Get bunkered has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Get bunkered is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Lol if you think a paintball gun has a lot of kick... You need to start hitting the gym or something bro...

Since i've picked up my ego 11 I have noticed a little bit of barrel rise when ramping, it is minor if you have a good shoulder into the tank.. you don't notice and seems to happen more when dryfiring; I figure the paint adds some back pressure to the bolt and ram system. It has been a while since I've ramped a spooly really fast so I cant confirm if it would happen on a spooly too..
But I do not feel ANY kick when shooting my 11. I was inside the house the other day while my wife and brother in law were shooting my ego and I was kinda shocked by how quiet the shots were (they were on the deck I was in the room right inside from it windows were open) behind the Ego I noticed that it does have a little more pronounced 'pop' to the sound signature but honestly I really don't think sound makes much of a difference on a speedball style field. Maybe in scenario where games are longer and there are some breaks in firefighting. That being said I do love spools, and I did put one of the Geo 2's in my hands from one of the guys at crew and really liked the way it felt in my hands. However the Egos rock solid design won the vote for me, I hate the feeling of taking a gun to the field, pulling it out of the gear bag and having something not work which happens much more often with spools IMHO

What I meant us it has a substantial amount of kick when compared to the luxe but I guess if you are comparing it to a real firearm a paintball gun is nothing
Get bunkered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM #18
P8ntballa1514

P8ntballa1514 plays in the PSP
P8ntballa1514 plays in the APPA D3 division
P8ntballa1514 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
P8ntballa1514 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Luxe.
www.facebook.com/810TL
P8ntballa1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM #19
Ballen4Life
No Surrender

I see most of you have the Luxe. Fill me in what should I know about it?
ReplyRegional Ups