ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 PM #64
nchittendon
20 years 'ballin

nchittendon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoward View Post
We are turning a new leaf over here at patriots

After that last tourney, it's hard to believe you.

It's quite simple, instead of repeating year after year that Patriot is going to turn a new leaf, just do it. I don't believe I have seen or heard of a new leaf at Patriot in about 5 years. This year "seemed" promising, but this last tourney was ridiculous.

Also, tread lightly whilst throwing around the term "slander" unless you know the definition of such words as slander and defamation. Slightly similar, but quite different when it comes down to legalities. Throwing words like that suggest leaning towards legal action and given how well versed you are in such things, it wouldn't be wise.

Also, Patriot may consider putting their refs on the field instead of milling about on the sidelines.

I did not play this event. I did not associate with teams that I am involved with at these events. I simply spectated and took note of what I saw because of what I have heard over the years. Most of what I have heard was correct. It's too bad. Seems like a decent field. I would love to see this series grow and become something in the area, but if it continues on this track, I don't see that happening.
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM #65
stevehoward

has been a member for 10 years
stevehoward has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well considering this year the owners paid to send 4 refs to be certified, Signed up to APPA, does not play any of the events, and NOW HAVE CONTACTED TIM SCHROEPFER AND KARYN OF PSP, to come and help get this series straightened out then yeah i would say thats a new leaf... i have only been involved with patriots for 2 years, and even still i pretty much just throw their events up on here cuz the ownrs work their butts off at the farm, but everytime ive heard a complaint the owners have reacted with a possible solution. the series aint going anywhere and with the help of Tim and Karyn then maybe they can prove to everyone that their heads are in the right place.
stevehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:35 PM #66
stevehoward

has been a member for 10 years
stevehoward has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Also homie look at my join date on here, i aint no punk kid trying to defend a bunk field, ive been to damn near every field in wisconsin/mn/ill and have been around the local tourney scene since 1999, i know what slander and defamation means, maybe my use of the word was wrong, oh well. As far as Patriot refs mullin on sideline???? we only had 2 of our refs their this event and our ultimate backed out last minute with car troubles(all the way from milwaukee) and the 2 refs that were there were on field all day. The last event was literally reffed by Mostly last minute additions and uncertified refs...not cool by anyones standards... but mark and em made due with what they had. I myself reffed only part of the day (till lunch) and had to leave to watch my kids and take my wife to work, but while i was there i was unhappy with some of the calls made, so i told the owners they needed Proffesional help and to get ahold of Tim Schroepfer.
stevehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:15 PM #67
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

stalker2005 plays in the PSP
stalker2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
stalker2005 plays in the APPA D3 division
Event 3 was our first tourney there and yea some of the calls weren't the greatest but even in PSP is every single call going to be dead on the money? No. I have been in constant contact with Mark and Emily since the day after the tourney taking all feedback from every team... espically ZRT and advantage. 50 dorito and away side dorito were great and were in checking people and everything. To many people ***** about the situation instead of rising above it and trying to help them correct it before the next event. Not ALL the refs were bad though. The owners know exactly how we feel as teams and as individual players regarding the reffing and are working on correcting it.

As of today I haven't spoke with Mark or Emily but my team offered to skip doing Event #4 and ref for it to help make the teams happier by having refs that are not afraid to get hit and actually get in to check people.

As far as sliding on on paint into bunkers...this has been corrected and they will be raking the field lanes and behind the bunkers every other game to ensure this happens less often.

This is not my home field so I'm not trying to make a cover up or anything just trying to help promote the sport and get something started back up in wisconsin again.

Also Dshooter89 if you haven't seen the standings yet send me a private PM and i can get it for you. If i remember correct you guys are in 2nd right behind UWSP.
stalker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM #68
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoward View Post
Also homie look at my join date on here, i aint no punk kid trying to defend a bunk field, ive been to damn near every field in wisconsin/mn/ill and have been around the local tourney scene since 1999, i know what slander and defamation means, maybe my use of the word was wrong, oh well. As far as Patriot refs mullin on sideline???? we only had 2 of our refs their this event and our ultimate backed out last minute with car troubles(all the way from milwaukee) and the 2 refs that were there were on field all day. The last event was literally reffed by Mostly last minute additions and uncertified refs...not cool by anyones standards... but mark and em made due with what they had. I myself reffed only part of the day (till lunch) and had to leave to watch my kids and take my wife to work, but while i was there i was unhappy with some of the calls made, so i told the owners they needed Proffesional help and to get ahold of Tim Schroepfer.
No offense but even 3 more refs wouldn't have made the difference for all the refs that did nothing on the sidelines.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 AM #69
i_bunker_u
Train Wreck

i_bunker_u plays in the PSP
i_bunker_u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_bunker_u plays in the APPA D4 division
For all the complaining you would have thought that the reffing was complete ****... honestly it wasn't bad at all, of course the teams who got penalized are going to complain, yes there were questionable calls but get over it welcome to the world of sports
i_bunker_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM #70
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

I know my team got penalized twice on BS calls but we took it as a grain of salt and played on. Your only going to hurt your team more by opening ur mouth. Go to the box and hope your team can pull out the clutch pretty plain and simple in my eyes.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 PM #71
th0r
MidWest

th0r plays in the PSP
th0r plays in the APPA D3 division
th0r supports Empire
^ very true
th0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 PM #72
saltshaker59
cheeseburger picnics