has been a member for 10 years
Zelthan plays in the PSP
Zelthan donated to help Peyton Trent
Zelthan is for the Gunfight
Zelthan supports our troops
Zelthan plays in the APPA D4 division
Zelthan supports Empire
Vintage in BST

Have a BST for things that are pre 2000 or something in the lines of that. Maybe even like 2003 or 04. Just something that you could look for older guns instead of sorting through 1000 new high end guns.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM #2
Scatlm
equilibrium

Someone always brings this up .. and I always vote, "YES!"

Please mods, listen to the people!
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 PM #3
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
We are thinking about it right now. Someone have a link to some of the older threads where some of the specifics were discussed?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM #4
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
We are thinking about it right now. Someone have a link to some of the older threads where some of the specifics were discussed?
Do some like anything to 2003 and then anything above 04 is in the electronic markers section.

Except every year make the year of vintage markers go up one. For ex in 2013 the dm4 willl be in the vintage markers section
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:37 PM #5
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Do some like anything to 2003 and then anything above 04 is in the electronic markers section.

Except every year make the year of vintage markers go up one. For ex in 2013 the dm4 willl be in the vintage markers section
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 AM #6
Zelthan
OH YEAH!

Zelthan plays in the PSP
Zelthan supports Empire
Ya we could do if the gun is at least 10 years old is would go in this fourm

Last edited by Zelthan : 09-02-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Zelthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 AM #7
Zelthan
OH YEAH!

Zelthan plays in the PSP
Zelthan supports Empire
Ok so I only looked at the first dozen pages and found this
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3807461
But I still think that this would be a great add to the site
Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM #8
Scatlm
equilibrium

There could be small exceptions for like '04+ Angels, or Karnivors which are '05.

Another criteria could be if the manufacture is no longer in business. Or those with the 04-05 vintage markers can post in both forums if they want?

Just my .02

Last edited by Scatlm : 09-02-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 AM #9
da_mink

After a recent OSST GDT talk on classic guns I must also fully support this with the possible addition of "collectors guns" which would include things like special sft shockers or the rasta angels or the mommas boys Timmy's.

VLN
da_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM #10
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

JokersWild53 plays in the APPA D4 division
John, vintage, or break it down by era 97-99, 2000-2003, etc....i've been here for over 10 years, and i have always wanted B/S/T broken down like this.

I love older unique guns but aside from searching, i takes hours to dig through all the same old ego's and NT's. Like finding a diamond in a haystack looking for a Classic Timmy or 2k3 LE angel
JokersWild53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM #11
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild53 View Post
John, vintage, or break it down by era 97-99, 2000-2003, etc....i've been here for over 10 years, and i have always wanted B/S/T broken down like this.

I love older unique guns but aside from searching, i takes hours to dig through all the same old ego's and NT's. Like finding a diamond in a haystack looking for a Classic Timmy or 2k3 LE angel
10 years and only 6 feedback. I have never had problems finding a rare or unique gun... Just learn how to use the search filter....

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM #12
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not AzaTuR View Post
10 years and only 6 feedback. I have never had problems finding a rare or unique gun... Just learn how to use the search filter....
lol, if you were around many years ago, then you would know there didn't used to be a feedback system. And what logic are you using to equate feedback with a vintage thread?
once again, if you read the first time. I can find them too, but a vintage thread would make things alot easier

Last edited by JokersWild53 : 10-17-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM #13
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Quote:
lol, if you were around many years ago, then you would know there didn't used to be a feedback system. And what logic are you using to equate feedback with a vintage thread?
once again, if you read the first time. I can find them too, but a vintage thread would make things alot easier
That's besides the point. Why would someone who doesn't B/S/T want a vintage thread? He hasn't bought, sold or traded at all recently. I'm just saying we should consider more seasoned BST'ers opinions, those who frequent the BST section... You have to think about practicality. How practical is a vintage thread? Is it really necessary? Would anyone actually use it? Probably not... The Electronic Marker section has the most traffic. Users will likely still continue to list markers in that section. I hope this has cleared any confusion you may have had.

XBLAzaTuR
Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 AM #14
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

The only confusion that is cleared up is you being a pot calling the kettle black, with zero feedback, but beside that point. it would be very practical because a lot of people don't want geo, luxe. I'm not sure if you fully understand what we are talking about or just looking to troll, but the "suggestion" is for a sub category of vintage guns, listed under the electronic marker umbrella. As for me; I just got back into paintball after about a 4 year lay off in addition, I just bought a gun from another forum, pbnation is not my end all be all. Once again, this is a suggestion box, we simply want a vintage sub-thread, and after "searching" through some of your posts, looks like your solution to alot of people's suggestions is the "search" button. If that is the case, why even have a forum, just use google. Pbnation isn't a search engine and shouldn't be looked upon as such. Sure people can search, I use it often, but I also like to browse for vintage guns. Moreover, making vintage sub forum very practical. However, if you need facts or proof go to the curator's corner to look at some of those vintage collections, or better yet, take your own advice and "learn to search"

Last edited by JokersWild53 : 10-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 AM #15
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

I have found and purchased rare or 1 of a kind guns with the PbN search feature. I am proficient with it as it is very efficient and effective. Let say we did get a vintage section... People will still be using the same titles as they do in the electronic/mechanic marker sections. All that will happen is that these vintage markers will be segregated from these sections. Will it really make it any easier to find a particular marker you are looking for? Unless you are just looking for any "vintage" gun, then I suppose this will be a very practical section. I hope this has answered or relieved and questions or concerns you may have had.

XBLAzaTuR
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM #16
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

I personally want it because I like to [browse] and more often than not most of my rare/high end guns have been impulse buys. by browsing and looking through a section that is segregated, people, myself in particular, wouldn't get burnt out of endless sifting. Most times when I buy a gun, i am not looking for a particular brand/make/model, i just click and buy. My buys rarely come from the search feature, but from browsing. I think separating those guns from run of the mill dime a dozen markers would be a lot more enjoyable.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM #17
KeesHimself

Quote:

Word.
KeesHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:25 PM #18
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Quote:
I personally want it because I like to [browse] and more often than not most of my rare/high end guns have been impulse buys. by browsing and looking through a section that is segregated, people, myself in particular, wouldn't get burnt out of endless sifting. Most times when I buy a gun, i am not looking for a particular brand/make/model, i just click and buy. My buys rarely come from the search feature, but from browsing. I think separating those guns from run of the mill dime a dozen markers would be a lot more enjoyable.
Well, agreed. I don't play anymore but I do enjoy browsing. And yes, I have have had a few impulse buys myself as well. But I don't think our impulse buying habits will warrant them to make a vintage section. Besides, the best part about finding that one unique gun is the hassle of trying to find it.

XBLAzaTuR
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM #19
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Well, since this has been brought back up, with the addition of the Curator's Corner, I feel that a pre 04 section is more applicable thenever.

It's evident that we do have a lot of collectors, and having a vintage section would be useful.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 PM #20
JokersWild53
S-Marts Top of the Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
Well, since this has been brought back up, with the addition of the Curator's Corner, I feel that a pre 04 section is more applicable thenever.

It's evident that we do have a lot of collectors, and having a vintage section would be useful.
qft
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 PM #21
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
I would really like a section like this as well. I think if you made it vintage and rare or custom markers(not crazy annos but stuff like a dukie revolver or retro 7), then it might be more applicable.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote