PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-01-2012, 03:09 PM #1
Matt911

Tippmann Challenge West - Tsawwassen Paintball Oct 14, 2012

Tickets available at Paintballgear Coquitlam and PBL Surrey (18665010903)as well as www.onlinepaintball.ca .

Don't miss out on Western Canada's largest scenario game - huge prize raffle, 2 on 2 TPX tournament, and free Tippmann sponsored tech booth!

Matt / TPG

Last edited by Matt911 : 09-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Matt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 AM #2
4wdrift

whats the theme for this years tippman challenge? and for the 2on2 tpx would any pistol work or just tpxs? i have a t8.1
4wdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 PM #3
Matt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdrift View Post
whats the theme for this years tippman challenge? and for the 2on2 tpx would any pistol work or just tpxs? i have a t8.1
The theme this year is loosely based around the movie KELLY'S HEROES, with Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas.

TPX challenge is just that - with TPX's. We will provide the guns and mags to the players. You might just win what you play with!!

Matt / TPG
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 PM #4
Astupidmoose
*Burp*

has been a member for 10 years
Astupidmoose has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Astupidmoose has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Definitely gonna try to make it out to this!
Astupidmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:52 PM #5
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Cdn_Cuda owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Haven't play a big game in years.. hopefully will make it out
Cdn_Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM #6
Matt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Cuda View Post
Haven't play a big game in years.. hopefully will make it out
Awesome to hear guys. We have a huge contingent coming from Ambush Paintball, and as always, the Island is bringing its best.

Should be a great game, here is the partial prize listing for the raffle:

1 x MacDev Drone DX
1 x Tippmann CrossOver
1 x Tippmann Phenom
2 x Tippmann Bravo One Tactical
2 x Tippmann A-5 basic
1 x Tippmann TPX
4 x Event thermal mask
2 x Vforce Profiler

We have a pair of Lions tickets with a $20 GC to a local eatery by the stadium if you prebuy your tickets at PBL Surrey or online at www.onlinepaintball.ca

Matt / TPG
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM #7
Matt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt911 View Post
Awesome to hear guys. We have a huge contingent coming from Ambush Paintball, and as always, the Island is bringing its best.

Should be a great game, here is the partial prize listing for the raffle:

1 x MacDev Drone DX
1 x Tippmann CrossOver
1 x Tippmann Phenom
2 x Tippmann Bravo One Tactical
2 x Tippmann A-5 basic
1 x Tippmann TPX
4 x Event thermal mask
2 x Vforce Profiler

We have a pair of Lions tickets with a $20 GC to a local eatery by the stadium if you prebuy your tickets at PBL Surrey or online at www.onlinepaintball.ca
We are pleased to announce that HF Apparel and Kendakye have been added as event sponsors, along with NOS Energy drink. Every paid ticket gets a free NOS!

Matt / TPG
Old 10-05-2012, 10:56 PM #8
invert007
\m/-invertmini-\m/

what time does it start?
invert007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:21 PM #9
Matt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by invert007 View Post
what time does it start?
Schedule of events for the game!

Morning REINCARNATION game (10am start till 12:30pm, lunch break til 1:30pm):

It is September 1944. The US Army along with other allied forces have entered the battle in Europe, and are driving towards Germany through France. An American tank platoon, composed of some offbeat characters lead by a Lieutenant named Kelly, captures a German colonel who has a bar of gold in his possession. After interrogating the Colonel, the Americans discover that there is a bank full of gold bars thirty miles behind the German front line. Kelly’s platoon decides to go rob the bank! In this game, each team will have a SECRET MISSION to complete, worth 100 points. The special / secret mission ref will brief each teams general on the mission beforehand.

For both teams, up to 9 GOLD BARS will be available to grab at undetermined times from the new prop, THE BANK! Each gold bar recovered and brought back to the scoring table will be worth 50 points to the team recovering it

Afternoon REINCARNATION game (1:30pm till 4pm):

Kelly and his men have led their crew through German lines and are on their way to the bank to get the stash of gold. They need to recover a special item THE AMMUNITION BELT, to use against the German tanks guarding the bank. If blue can locate and return this item to the scoring table, they will gain 250 points. If the Germans can locate this special item, they may guard it and therefore deny it to the blue team and get 250 points if the special mission runs out without blue getting the item. The special mission will run from 2pm to 4pm. For both teams, another 9 GOLD BARS will be available to grab at undetermined times from THE BANK! Each gold bar recovered and brought back to the scoring table will be worth 50 points to the team recovering it

Final battle (4:45pm to 5:30pm):

28 GOLD BARS will be placed inside THE BANK at 5 minute intervals by the secret / special mission ref starting at 455pm and ending at 525pm. The two teams will battle for control of the bank and these gold bars, with each bar being worth 50 points that is returned safely to the teams starting point. The gold bars will be counted at the end of the game to determine how many points each team will get, unlike past final battles where the winner is awarded 1000 points.

Awards (5:45pm): Awarding of the raffle prizes to all participants lucky enough to have a winning ticket, as well as the bonus raffle from PBL West for the Lions tickets!

Registration starts at 8:00am, with gates opening at 7:30am. Paint and air will be available starting at 8:02am to registered players.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM #10
russc
Avratech Tech

russc posts videos on PbNation
russc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'll be there along with a bunch of players from NSPB.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 PM #11
Matt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I'll be there along with a bunch of players from NSPB.
Awesome buddy, great to the NSR guys again!

Matt / TPG
Old 10-17-2012, 04:04 PM #12
Matt911

Guys and girls, I want to pass along my thanks and appreciation to everyone who attended the Tippmann Challenge at Tsawwassen Paintball last Sunday.

Despite a soggy start to the day, we had over 200 players by 9am, and hit a total of 325 for the day. I can honestly say this was the cleanest play I have ever seen at a game, not a single complaint about cheating was brought to my attention. Kudos players.

Thanks go out to:

- Tom at CIP and Alex and Thrasher for getting me a compressor on super short notice when my second one fell through Friday afternoon. You guys are the best
- All my refs and field staff who worked their ***** off in the rain to keep the game running smooth all day, including my volunteers from the Island. Thanks for getting up extra early and braving BC Ferries!
- Murray Griesel our first aid attendant who was needed THREE times during the course of the day. Guess all my injury free events have caught up to me now. PLAY SAFE PEOPLE!
- Nic Meyer from Tippmann, Mike Silva Jimmy Baker and Marco Baillageron from PBL Action Sports - all of whom travelled thousands of miles to attend the day and provide logistics, prizing and teching. Thank you gentlemen!
- Mickey Ho, Rick Law, Jayson Born, RJ Dion and other ex TPG staff who answer the bell when I call. You guys are amazing. Special thanks to Rick and Mickey for fixing, oh, say 100 guns each over the course of the day!
- Rob Robson from HF Apparel and Ken Mills and co from Kendakye Products for providing wicked prizes and setting up booths at the event
- all the teams and fields who made this possible by representing in FORCE: TNT, VPA, CIP and the Supernaturals, Stormin Norman and the Untouchables, Hellfire, Unleashed, Island Militia, Panther, Sniperz, Ambush and the Dogs of War, WarDogs, Marauders, TonSixers, 604 Maffia, <swear filter> I even saw Ryan Dupras from TCS fame, and Mason Hwu from Thunder made the drive from Seattle to play! You guys all rock.

We'll be back for more in January - stay tuned for details!

Matt / TPG
ReplyRegional Ups