Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
Vegas Question

Hello nation,

Does anyone know if there is any reason to be in vegas at a specific time on the Thursday before the event? I don't want to book a flight and then be told that I need to be there at 6:00 pm on Thursday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure someone has gone to this event in the past and could provide me with some insight.
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 AM #2
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
edpoorman works for a Paintball manufacturer
I will get an answer for you in a timely fashion. I have not been to Vegas for an event for several years now, so i have to get the info from someone else, but i will get it. The only thing i can say about thursday at the present time is that if you want to really get a good look at the fields then i would suggest showing up on thursday, but if you feel your ready and only need a short period of time to prepare on the field i appreciate your question. Thanks and i will get back with you or you can reach me at ed@nppl.com
edpoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 AM #3
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Thursday is usually a good day to walk the fields, check out the vendor area and party hard before playing. It is Vegas, after all
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM #4
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
Thursday is usually a good day to walk the fields, check out the vendor area and party hard before playing. It is Vegas, after all
Party will be in full swing pre-arrival (assuming my flight sells $14 mini-bottles of vodka). And by that I mean, I may have 1 drink on the plane...lol.

It's more of just work/flight times. The less days I can take off work, the better.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 PM #5
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
As long as someone from your team is there (Captain preferred) early enough to get your team packet and attend the captains meeting you will be just fine to work and then catch a Red-Eye to Vegas. Time change is also in your favor.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM #6
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
As long as someone from your team is there (Captain preferred) early enough to get your team packet and attend the captains meeting you will be just fine to work and then catch a Red-Eye to Vegas. Time change is also in your favor.
this. as long as you will have a responsible teammate or captain there for the meeting to get our packet and goto the meeting you should be good. otherwise i would recommend getting there earlier in the day for both.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:46 PM #7
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Ooooh, so someone has to pick up a packet on Thursday? I assume that closes at a certain o'clock as well.

Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM #8
Kazer

I don't recall off the top of my head what time registration closes for the team packet. I think you can still handle it on Friday morning but if you have an early game it could make you miss your start time.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM #9
jamest91

Quote:
I don't recall off the top of my head what time registration closes for the team packet. I think you can still handle it on Friday morning but if you have an early game it could make you miss your start time.

you can pick up the packet friday morning but you really dont wanna get there early and deal with the teams showing up for 8am games and registration and stuff
Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 PM #10
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
One more question for everyone:

What is the earliest flight I should take out Sunday? As in, does divisional championship play end before, say, 5pm on Sunday?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM #11
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by axhi View Post
One more question for everyone:

What is the earliest flight I should take out Sunday? As in, does divisional championship play end before, say, 5pm on Sunday?
well... its the NPPL. With that being said earliest flight time Sunday I would say would be about 7 or 8. Anyone else care to jump in on this one? Depending on how long of a drive to the airport as well.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM #12
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
well... its the NPPL. With that being said earliest flight time Sunday I would say would be about 7 or 8. Anyone else care to jump in on this one? Depending on how long of a drive to the airport as well.
last year finals were played under the lights. we left the field around ~730 id like to think..

Sacramento DMG

Capital Edge Paintball Park(CEPP)
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:35 AM #13
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So this being PDX VexX's first NPPL event we're actually playing, and with NPPL having added the 5-man Race To format now, can anyone give me some insight about the D4 5-man Race to 4 format? In D4, do they play the points back-to-back or does a team play one point, then they have another pair of teams play their point, etc? Any idea how many matches of four points we'll be playing? Also, does anyone have a general idea how many cases of paint we should budget for to get through prelims? Any tips or insights that we might not be thinking about or aware of, that new teams find themselves caught off-guard about? Even things as simple as making sure you have smoked AND clear lenses for playing in bright sunlight v. dark/field lights? Total nubs here when it comes to playing an NPPL event and hoping some of you can share your experience to help us be as prepared as possible. I appreciate ANY and all responses, no matter how obvious or trivial they may seem. Thanks in advance and wish us well in our first NPPL competition!!

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM #14
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by i got an ion View Post
last year finals were played under the lights. we left the field around ~730 id like to think..
like i said... its NPPL haha. ive seen finals be over at 5 and 730 apparently lol. so change wat i said earlier to about a 10:30pm flight time
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM #15
Kazer

With the new Race-To Millenium style format no tournament has ran past 6:30. That was just this last weekend in DC and only because there was a lightning storm that delayed the event. HB was over around 4:30 for contrast and Chicago somewhere in between.

I would reserve at least 35 cases of paint.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM #16
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
With the new Race-To Millenium style format no tournament has ran past 6:30. That was just this last weekend in DC and only because there was a lightning storm that delayed the event. HB was over around 4:30 for contrast and Chicago somewhere in between.

I would reserve at least 35 cases of paint.
Thank you to everyone for your help! This makes it so much easier to book stuff without guessing. I do love the paintball community.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 PM #17
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
This really has nothing to do with the question asked but i thought i better mention this to anyone out there thinking about coming to Vegas. Registration is already up to 60 teams if you include the pro teams excluding Mutiny, so don't delay guys, i have know idea what our limit is, maybe we can handle everyone but i can't say for sure. Register early and i hate to say this but get your entry fees paid early also. Thanks for choosing the NPPL.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM #18
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpoorman View Post
This really has nothing to do with the question asked but i thought i better mention this to anyone out there thinking about coming to Vegas. Registration is already up to 60 teams if you include the pro teams excluding Mutiny, so don't delay guys, i have know idea what our limit is, maybe we can handle everyone but i can't say for sure. Register early and i hate to say this but get your entry fees paid early also. Thanks for choosing the NPPL.
I would get in ASAP. The league is awesome and the Vegas event is the best event of the year. It tops the PSP's World Cup.
LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!
DC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 PM #19
lvas
Maddog

lvas plays in the PSP
lvas owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
lvas supports DLX Technology
vega is great no doubt. but Ed - the online regerstation for vegas is not even open yet.
Sponsers

empire/kee
lvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:28 AM #20
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvas View Post
vega is great no doubt. but Ed - the online regerstation for vegas is not even open yet.
It has been open for almost a week now. Go to http://nppa.npplnetwork.com and you should be good to go!

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM #21
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for helpinng me do my job. See you all in Vegas.