Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 PM #22
T6IIPilot

I remember playing along side him at a few Naughty Dogs practices waaaaay back in the day. He was a genuinely good guy and I learned a lot from him back when I was just starting out.

RIP Bill
T6IIPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 02:44 PM #23
H0St1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpoorman View Post
Help join with me in honoring Mr. Bill Abell, one of my former team mates who passed this last weekend to that big 10 man woodsball field in the cosmos. Bill was with me when we turned pro in Pittsburgh so many years ago. His passing is just the first of many to follow, most likely me in a few years. I wanted to say that we are truely all blessed and are one big family, paintball is just that way and i would not have it any other way, so remember the good times if you were lucky enough to know Bill and if you did not then i'm sorry but it was your lose. We should bring heaven to this planet each and everyday and if we can work together and honor the fallen before us, i am sure we can accomplish anything. We from team Avalanche salute you Bill and i'll be joining you soon enough. Lets build the future to what we all dream it can be.
Touching read Ed. Was good times many years ago with all of you even though I was just a kid. I remember so much of it. Bill was one of the best players I've ever seen play the game and I learned everything about paintball from watching the Avalanche play back in the day. Been playing ever since, and have nobody but Bill to thank (and Mom and Craig of course). Would have never known the sport without him however; paintball is something that defines who I am. I've played for 16 years and have Bill to thank for that. Hearing about his death is sad and it's been a lifetime since I've seen him, but I remember the good times like yesterday and will always hold onto them. He was like a father to me in the short few years that I knew him. I remember he used to take me fishing for sturgeon under the bridges in Washington and I remember collecting pods and bags of old soiled paintballs at the tournaments in the woods. I'm glad he got his life back together in the end.
-John Prewitt.

Last edited by H0St1LE : 09-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.
H0St1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 PM #24
H0St1LE

I should dig out all my magazines with Bill on the cover. PB World 1994 anyone?
H0St1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.