Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM #1
dunnroadmafia

New to the sport and need marker suggestions

Well i played my first game of woodsball last weekend and lets just say im hooked on it. So now i need a gun, ive been eyeing up the tippmann a5 and the 98. I like the 98 as it seems to have a the traditional hopper/feed design and to me that seems like less to go wrong. So what would you guys recomend for a novice like myself who wants to start playing woodsball?

Thanks
quinn
dunnroadmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM #2
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Either are good rock solid started markers. You can't go wrong with Tippmann's customer service either. Get yourself a good thermal mask. I like JT Proflexes. If you go with a 98C, get yourself a good study loader like a revolution. They are older but you can't beat them in the woods. Other than that, have fun.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:31 PM #3
dunnroadmafia

Thanks alot man, i really like the 98 and the fact that it has alot of upgrades too. Also what do you guys of a 98 with a response trigger? And also what mods or acessories would u suggest ie. Hoppers, masks, tanks, ect
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Honestly, before you even think about a marker, get a decent mask first, like the guy above suggested. Then, a compressed air tank (not CO2, CO2=bad), yes air tanks are expensive, but are so much better and safer for your marker than CO2. After that, i would choose the tippmann 98, great for woodsball, built like a tank.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 PM #5
dunnroadmafia

If i got compressed air here would i get it filled? I live in a small small town and i know the local gun and tackle shop has co2
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM #6
mctamneymj

mctamneymj plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnroadmafia View Post
If i got compressed air here would i get it filled? I live in a small small town and i know the local gun and tackle shop has co2
if you were to order a tank from anywhere it will be empty. It is not suppose to have the reg attached to it either but you can get way with it sometimes. The reason they will be empty is that if they are filled or even have any air in them they would be considered a bomb.
mctamneymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM #7
kwai

i say just get a phenom. if you plan to keep playing. all you going to do is ugrade to a new marker. so why waste your time. just get to the point. a use one run about $250 with egrip.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM #8
dunnroadmafia

The reason i want a 98 is its more price friendly and im not playing on teams. There are no feilds or teams close to me. My version of woodsball is me and a few friends on my buddys property shootin each other.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM #9
Ashwii

Nice
Ashwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 PM #10
kwai

price friendly or not. you going to make upgrade to your 98 anyway. like barrel. maybe internal. after a while you spend like a total of $300 on a 98 after upgrade and looks. once you get into this sport and like it. you always going to want to upgrade. my best mark i will recommand is a x7 phenom, tm7 with new solenoid or empire axe. you will not need to upgrade for awhile if you get any one of those. they shoot better more accurate and farther. but that just my opinion. i see people get 98 waste ton of money on it.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:44 PM #11
WELLZ
The hero Gotham deserves.

WELLZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok well, if you want to play woods out in your backyard and stuff like that, a simple 98 will be great. If you want to upgrade it, get performance ups first!! Egrips, Barrels, Bolts, Etc. Then go for the looks. If you think you are going to play for a nice while, I personally got a GoG Extcy. It was a great Electronic entry gun and got me hooked once again from my Jr High days.
But yes, an HPA tank and mask is a big deal. Starting out in paintball isn't cheap, but once you get the necessities, it's the best.
My WTB Thread (a lot of stuff!): http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post76522511
Wants: BYOP every weekend, local tournaments, iPhone 4s. HMU if you have these!
WELLZ is offline   Reply With Quote