PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2012, 05:29 PM #1
CaptainFreedomFries
" sweet shoes brah !"

How to make my angels more air efficient

So I been shooting my new angels and notice after about 2 hoppers on my 45/45 and 2 hoppers on my 68/45 i use about 1500 psi? Is that correct? I can't imagine I would only be pulling 700-800 shots out of a 68/45. I always thought angels werent that hungry for air or am I missing somthing? Do I need to get these things tuned in or is there anything I can do to them to help out the air consumption!? Any help will be much appretiated. They are both angel gats btw, one running a LP tank and one running a HP tank after the lpr mod.
CaptainFreedomFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
You should be looking at more like 1600 shots per 68/4500 (which equates to around 1,000 shots per 45/45). With the HP tank you can't shoot as deep into your fill since you start to get performance problems when the output pressure exceeds the fill pressure, meaning you can only really shoot down to 800-900 psi, so that dings your efficiency a little, but not that much.

If you have the Angel LPR gauge tool, you might want to check your pressure. Check your dwell. Check your paint to barrel match. Check that your breech seal is intact.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM #3
CaptainFreedomFries
" sweet shoes brah !"

I'm scared lol. New to the angel scene not sure how I'm supposed to adjust these darn things. Intimidators were so easy.... Haha :p so if my air efficiency is that bad should I got back to my stock settings on my board and try to tune accordingly? Unfortunately I do not have a LPR gauge nor do I know where to get one
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 PM #4
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nothing doc said would take more then 5 minutes.

If you don't have an lpr guage and insist on not buying one, try pulling a shim out and chrono. If your velocity drops or becomes inconsistent put that last shim back in. For example my a1 fly loves 57 psi. Put it down to 54 and it gets +-10 over the chrono.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You can use an A1 LPR gauge. Saves a few bucks and they're a bit easier to come by these days. FMA and PBSports both have them in stock, I believe.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 AM #6
CaptainFreedomFries
" sweet shoes brah !"

Yeah I have seen the a1 lpr gauges on eBay. I'll make it easy on myself and get one, what is a around normal operating pressure? Or a good starting point at least?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 AM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

65 psi. Dwell 10. Mini-reg adjustment screw about halfway out. That should have you in the 280's FPS range with decent efficiency.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM #8
CaptainFreedomFries
" sweet shoes brah !"

Nice that makes it easy. I'm gonna order that gauge and see if I can get these things tuned up! Thanks!