PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 AM #1
babybond

babybond owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
babybond has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Question Advantage PB Chips for DM5

I have an Advantage PB chip on my stock L.B.I. DM5 board and tried to figure out the activation code but couldn't get it to unlock. I tried all possible purmutations available based on 3-6 digits using 1's and 0's. I tried just having the gun on and entered the codes; on, no air finger in breech for the eye to sense and entered codes; and finally on, no air finger in breech eye sensing and turning off in between codes still not unlocking, any ideas?
babybond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 PM #2
harjukewm

has been a member for 10 years
If its a true speedy 2 chip the only thing you have to do is 4 combos of tap or press on the power button. My NYX speedy2 chip is tap tap tap press, tap is short, press is a half second or so. There's a lot of combos but make a spdsht and go thru it, you'll figure it out
harjukewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 AM #3
babybond

Re:

This was the spreadsheet I was using to figure out all the combinations, I even went to Virtue's website and downloaded the manual for the speedy 2 chip. I just didn't know what else to do since none of the codes seemed to work.

Years ago when AdvantagePB was making these didn't they have other chips available besides the Speedy 2. If I'm not mistaken they had atleast 1 maybe 2 other chip options. How do I verify which I have?

I'm also assuming that the dipswitch doesn't need to be in programming mode, does it?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 AM #4
harjukewm

has been a member for 10 years
I think the issue here is that eye=0 is pushing the eye on/off button, not putting your finger in the breech, and on/off=1 is pushing the on/off button

hope that helps
harjukewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 AM #5
babybond

Re:

I was aware of that, I tried putting my finger in the gun since the manual says the eyes have to be turned on for the code to be entered and I was making the gun read "Paint" in case when the LED changes color because the eyes are seeing the paint that it wasn't another "lock" if you will.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM #6
babybond

I also decided to turn the gun off in between code entry to override any time out feature if there was/is one. Instead of entering the codes too fast for the board to reset in between
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM #7
babybond

advantagePB

any other ideas anybody