PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM #1
Vysen

Vysen is an NCPA player
PMR - What do you think?

My local shop has a PMR going for 135, in pretty dang awesome condition. It's an 07, and when you buy guns from their store the tech puts his own guarantee on it that if it breaks it'll get fixed free of charge for parts/labor and guarantees every gun is rebuilt or in working condition. Pretty straight forward guy too. I know you normally want to get a new backcapetc on them but from what I saw alot of its not that expensive even if it was a bone dry PMR.

I was gonna get it as a back up/my girlfriends gun when she plays.

Any thoughts if its worth it? Never played with a Pmr, and i've only dry fired it, but for its price, and what i've heard about it, it's probably the best deal they have at the moment gun wise.

Oh, It's an 07 by the way.
Vysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM #2
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
Thats a decent deal, assuming it is mostly or all stock.

You can upgrade as you go along, feedneck, metal parts, bolt as you want/need them. I really like mine and over the last year have upgraded everything except the board(which will be soon).

I think they are great markers for the price range.

ICD-Owners
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM #3
Syphorus

You would be better off finding a used 2011 PMR. Especially if the 07 PMR is stock.

2011 PMR
Composite UL Frame is still better than stock composite frame on 07
Eye Wires instead of eye ribbon
No battery harness
Back cap does not use set screws
Eye Pipe
Lighter

Last edited by Syphorus : 08-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Syphorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:03 PM #4
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
yah but what are they going for, he may be looking for something specifically in that 135ish price range. Of course a 2001 should be and is better but it will also be a decent bit more expensive.

ICD-Owners
Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 PM #5
HateEverything
Everything Burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik View Post
yah but what are they going for, he may be looking for something specifically in that 135ish price range. Of course a 2001 should be and is better but it will also be a decent bit more expensive.
But you need to consider what the poster above you just said. He didn't list frivolous things (.5" shorter, etc...). All of the differences he listed are very important. When you tear off the eye ribbon, rip out the batt harness or strip those damn set screws on the bolt you'll wish you would have sprung for the '11 and paid the extra FIFTEEN DOLLARS. Example: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=2011+pmr

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with that seller, it was just the first thing that came up when i searched "2011 PMR f/s"... try it yourself and see what pops up online...
Some men just want to watch the world
burn.
MP | SP
HateEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:00 PM #6
Punisher068

I have 2 07s,the fire great but are a PITA to service w/stock parts,they have a tendancy to leak around the 'noid,not a bad price but for around that price range there are better options ie: Ions,Tippmans,Minis that are a little more trouble free
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:02 PM #7
HateEverything
Everything Burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
there are better options ie: Ions,Tippmans,Minis that are a little more trouble free
wait what
burn.
MP | SP
Old 08-26-2012, 01:40 AM #8
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
hm, have had mine for a while and never came close to ripping a ribbon, stripping a srew or torn a harness(mine came with UL) I guess you guys are just rougher on your markers.

if it is a $15 difference now a days then it is a no brainer, but you would need to see if it is more than 1 or 2 random sales that are going for that amount.

edit, he also said plus fees in the one you linked(which is, oddly, against paypal rules), so it sint just $15, but for that difference I would still go with it. again, how frequent is that sale price.... Ill look into it

ICD-Owners

Last edited by kwik : 08-26-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 AM #9
HateEverything
Everything Burns.

Quote:
hm, have had mine for a while and never came close to ripping a ribbon, stripping a srew or torn a harness(mine came with UL) I guess you guys are just rougher on your markers.
Unfortunately, you are not representative of the entire paintball population and many people do rip an eye ribbon or strip the set screws on the bolt cap (that comes from experience and not wild speculation). Either way, I really don't care. I'm just trying to help the OP from making a bad decision when there are better ones readily available out there.

Quote:
you would need to see if it is more than 1 or 2 random sales that are going for that amount.
No. Wrong. Just wrong. All OP needs is one good sale to take advantage of. Do you even read your posts before you submit them?
burn.
MP | SP
Old 08-26-2012, 12:53 PM #10
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
1 good sale is great, if he has the chance to grab it before it goes because it is a good sale. I have seen many great sales but missed them by minutes because someone else snagged it due to how good it is. May not be necessary to have more than 1 if you happen to see it first or grab it in time, just nice to not have to be the lucky person is all im saying.

edit: since there arent many rails for sale right now, especially that low like I said I would go for it if I were him, not sure if it is the sellers bad feedback or no pics as to why it is still around. but it is a good deal, even at 25 more just the better frame is worth it.

ICD-Owners

Last edited by kwik : 08-26-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 AM #11
Syphorus

I'll let you know how delicate eye ribbons are. I am generally EXTREMELY Careful servicing markers. My friend's UL frame on his 07 fell on the eye ribbon from 1 inch high and ripped it.

Based on a servicing standpoint it is extremely terrible.

Besides Stock PMR 07 vs Stock PMR 11 is a no brainer especially if the 11 is marginally more expensive used.

Brand new PMR 11 is 250 which gives you all the things you would want.

Upgrading an 07 with a UL frame will easily add $90 - $100 IF u can find one.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 AM #12
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

i have an 08 pmr. it's a great marker and lots of fun to play with. That being said finding a UL is next to impossible. I resolved to get a violent series scythe trigger. I was lucky enough to already have all metal parts on my marker (i recieved it in a trade). The new rail is probably the better option due to the wired eyes. I have personally never ripped my ribbons but I have heard plenty of horror stories and working with them feels like I'm trying to diffuse a bomb.

In answer to the poster's original question I would not advise buying the PMR from the shop. It's not a BAD deal but there are definitely better ones to be had. With either marker the proto forum has some GREAT resources and information on how to properly maintain and/or upgrade your marker.

Last edited by jessekeels : 08-28-2012 at 11:27 AM.
jessekeels is offline   Reply With Quote