Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM #43
SilentBall55

Thumbs up

Thank you John for sharing your mod improvement. We need more Spyder owners like you. I am going to do that mod to my Fenix. If it doesn't work, no biggy, I"ll just get a new clapper.

If it does work, then I can use regular 9V batteries. One time I forgot to charge the 9.6V and had to use the mech Spyder for the day. People was kind enough to offer their 9V spares but my Fenix had problems using 9V.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 08-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM #44
cornholio223

when my vs2 wouldnt fire with i nine volt i found this thread and figured id give it a try. i took it apart but i didnt have file handy, so i stuck an allen key under the solenoid (in between the magnet and the pin) and lifted up the pin that pushes on the sear. the sear still wouldnt fire, then i turned the allen key so that it was standing a little taller and the gun fired.
so my question is, would this be bad for any of the parts involved? there isnt much of the sear holding back on the hammer or bolt or whatever but is that a big deal? can i just glue a couple washers in place of the allen wrench at that perfect height? thanks for the inspiration john!
cornholio223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM #45
snprgy

I know coins were used years ago.
I had no problems with a quarter behind the noid on a 9v, once I switched to a 9.6v it would dryfire fine but when shooting with paint the sear wouldn't catch
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM #46
zephyr6831
is overqualified.

zephyr6831 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by snprgy View Post
quarter behind the noid
This was actually a myth, as the solenoid would still have to make a full cycle no matter what. The only thing that changed was the distance the plunger moved.