Community Focus

Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM #1
PBALLER JIM

Annual Supporting Member
PBALLER JIM plays in the PSP
PBALLER JIM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBALLER JIM plays in the APPA D3 division
Bought a Geo 2.1 dwell was set at 13.5

So I bought a Geo 2.1 in June used and Ive been using it every sunday for practice since then and I just recently looked through some of the preset setting the previous owner had the dwell set at 13.5!! That seems a little to high for me so should I slowly walk the dwell down to around a 9ish or what? It has no problems and shoots greats. I lube it, clean, and change o-rings if needed. I get around 6 pods and hopper out of my 68/4500 Id like to see more then that sense im a back player but it is a geo. I might need a 3 to get a 2 or more pods?

WindyCity Rapture <3

Last edited by PBALLER JIM : 08-26-2012 at 11:38 PM.
PBALLER JIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 11:18 PM #2
ammoeller
its morphin time

ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
Imo if you've been using it that long and been all.good leave it alone. Maybe drop it to 12.5. Dropping it to nine will not net you even 1 full pod more. but it will make the marker more picky and unrealiable.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:18 PM #3
P4R4D1GM
::This Space For Rent::

Annual Supporting Member
P4R4D1GM is a Moderator
P4R4D1GM owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
P4R4D1GM supports Empire
The stock dwell on the GEO2 was 12.5. On very cold days I would up my dwell to 14.5 if shooting really brittle paint. While you can dwell tune as outlined in the various posts in the forum, I found too low a dwell effected my shot to shot consistency. You can underbore to bring up the fps and improve consistency but there are a variety of factors that can effect dwell tuning that are out of your control (weather, paint quality).

There is a very obvious difference shooting the gun at 12.5 versus 10.5 in kick and sound signature. Well broken in guns might be able to handle that setting but every gun is a bit different. The only times I ever had a problem with my GEO2 was when I deviated from the default settings. The Geo2 will always shoot and have the efficiency of a GEO2. If you want improvements in either area there's always the GEO3. That being said I had my GEO2 for a while and loved it.
P4R4D1GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 AM #4
sawblade6

sawblade6 plays in the APPA D4 division
sawblade6 supports DLX Technology
6 pods and hopper on a 68/45 seems really low.... regardless of the dwell you are using, cuz the 13.5 is pretty good IMO
Shooting DLX, Spire, Grillz, Ninja
Pump Changed My Life...
sawblade6 is offline   Reply With Quote