PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM #64
suckapunch

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
If you rely on the refs to dictate the outcome of the game you shouldnt be on the field.

The problem isnt the reffing its the players.

Play straight up maybe the people you are playing might catch on.

Reffing was great on our field.

oooo k boss. can u explain DC reffing? cause it was an atrocity. Please dont try to defend them because the reffing on that 2nd field was atrocious. The worst i have eeever seen in all my career of competing. And i saw and watched plenty. I dont blame refs for mistakes players make at all. However I DO blame them for making careless, irrational, and doubleminded calls for officials who teams are trusting that they have enough experience to ref national tournaments competently. Why are all the more experienced refs on the main field while the lower division teams have to suffer such low end reffing? ITs nothing personal to the refs, but its obviously the truth.
suckapunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM #65
suckapunch

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by i got an ion View Post
many are talking about asking for a paint check, i think a hit on the back or back of the shoulder was mentioned earlier, and when the ref found a hit that you couldnt see or get to, but asked for a paintcheck for, you were penalized.
so true, so whats the point anymore? Now "paintcheck" is a suicide code for players. but if you ignore and rely on ref to call you out you still get penalized. And the ywonder why players learn not to flinch.

They want honesty in playing but they are making it difficult to be out of fear of being penalized for being honest and calling for check.

cant win...
suckapunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 AM #66
Jonathan UK Refs

If a player had to play for 10 hours straight with few breaks, and get G's every point, would this be considered a reasonable expectation?

The simple solution is, as usual, experienced refs - but 2 squads of them. 1st lineup refs morning games, 2nd lineup does the afternoon.

Each lineup gets paid half the daily pay rate, but they get a half day off to play, rest, shop, argue with their girlfriend.

Simple.
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote